1.    #1  
    I am a registered user of Verichat. I emailed PDAapps support last Friday, and I have not received a response. Has anybody ever gotten a response from them? Is there a better way to contact them than by emailing support@pdaapps.com?

Thanks...
    Did you try asking the user base here your question? Frequently it's something simple another user can answer and you don't really need support.
    I've often received responses quite quickly.

What issue are you having?
    for me it is hit or miss.

if they do answew, it is quicky or not at all.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I was also in the same boat. Sent them requests a couple of times. Been their registered user for 1 year and then gave up as I could not contact them. They do not have a number to contact and 50% of the times, I was missing the message.

I just dropped and went to Causerie. I am sure this will throw them away.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsocrates
    I was also in the same boat. Sent them requests a couple of times. Been their registered user for 1 year and then gave up as I could not contact them. They do not have a number to contact and 50% of the times, I was missing the message.

I just dropped and went to Causerie. I am sure this will throw them away.
    My experience has been very different. Usually I get a courteous response right away.

I would suggest that you write to them again and put something like "URGENT: Registered User Needs Response Now!", and obviously, check your own spam filters.
    Gotcha! Will try that from now on (URGENT! in all my messages) if I move to Verichat . I doubt I will but how knows! Now, Causerie looks lot better and Verichat might come with another version soon. Competition is good thing for users.

Why would their messages from verichat get into spam? I do not check for bulk mail on Yahoo. I get 100s each day.
  8.    #8  
    I have a Treo and a PPC-6601. I'm having a problem with the Pocket PC version of Verichat. I did not ask the user base here since it's the pocket PC version that I'm having trouble with, but I have sent two emails and the first sentence in each stated that I am a registered user. It's good to know that somebody has recieved a response from them. Thanks for the responses.
    I have been a user since day one and they have always been good, even though the 270 was so bad. I bet alot of Treo developers wish the phone just worked better programatically. Ah, another talk show.

Nontheless, PDApps has been great and I like the new interface on the 2.45 release today. I tried Causerie and I really liked it, but I like my battery life more. Also for you non GSM Treo owners: Verichat does inbound IM via SMS if you want which means I get messages while I am on the phone....very very cool. If it would use outbound SMS I could use it all the time and when I am roaming.

Derek
    I am using both Chatter and Causerie at the same time. I guess, both the applications are doing some sort of polling in the background. But the battery drain doesnt look a major problem for me as you pointed. I can it done for 1 day withour re-charging.
  11.    #11  
    For me, Verichat was always the best chat app. It worked the way I wanted my chat program to work. I love it on the Treo.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by computerfixitguy
    Nontheless, PDApps has been great and I like the new interface on the 2.45 release today.
    Agreed! After seeing your post I did an over-the-air update (wow I love that feature) and picked up 2.47b, and the new interface is *great*. I'm glad I went with Verichat.
    Just a quick FYI. I also did the over the air update after registering today. Had an issue where incoming messages were causing resets after the upgrade. My email to Verichat support was answered in 5 minutes. Over the next 45 minutes, I short string of emails went back and forth between myself and the support staff adn now the issue is resolved.

Excellent work by the PDAapps support staff!
    hey, i love verichat, but there support is somtimes lacking.

btw, i love verichat even more because i dont pay a monthly fee.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I had the same problem with the initial update yesterday (2.45b i think); but 2.46 and 2.47 came out within minutes, and now it's working well. Interface is definitely much improved!
    I heard back from them the very next morning after emailing them about a problem.
    their support is pretty good - and the new interface is a nice improvement
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Just want to add my two cents on this one. I've been going back and forth with their support team for the past day, and we have resolved several issues. They actually built several versions of VeriChat made to fix my issues and we tested. And tested again, and so forth. I find that they were very responsive, and I'm totally impressed with their response time. Great job!
    I sent a question into them yesterday and got a response in 15 minutes.