1.    #1  
    I'm new to the Treo world, and I'm biding my time waiting for the 650 to become available on Cingular. [The wait just got tougher - my old Palm Vx just went belly up a week ago :-) ]

I was just curious, in light of the problems with the Sprint version - are there likely to be some initial hiccups when the GSM version comes out? Was anyone around when the first Treo *600* GSM's came out? - were there new problems above and beyond those that were found with the CDMA unit?

Just wondering if the 650 should be a late Christmas present or an early Birthday (May) gift to myself :-)

-Jeff
    Many of us have already ordered our Treo 650 (GSM) through the roadshow special. Frequently some of the problems found on the Sprint (CDMA) version are Sprint specific, and we don't run into them on the GSM version. There are always initial hiccups though. Hopefully we'll know by the end of January or early February.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I've already got my name in the hat at Cingular through their business channel. It seems that the vast majority of problems have been os related and not carrier specific (not that there haven't been any). By the time the GSM version is released, there will probably be firmware updates, software updates, patches, cool software additions (eg. wifi), and the like. I may regret it, but I'll take my chances! In a worst case scenario, I'm keeping my 600 for a while, anyway.
    Vince
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Many of us have already ordered our Treo 650 (GSM) through the roadshow special.
    I've seen reference to this but what does it mean? Do/did you have to attend a trade show and show up at their booth or something?

-Jeff
    You got it, Toyota. The PalmOne dog and pony show introducing their new baby to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by jjrobert
    I've seen reference to this but what does it mean? Do/did you have to attend a trade show and show up at their booth or something?

-Jeff