Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1.    #1  
    so on the 13th - 4 days ago i orded a case for my 650 to use untill my Vaja got here so this morning i get this email...

    1st email
    Subject Re: Danes Cellular Accessories (Your eBay purchase) has sent you a package

    We hope you enjoy your purchase.
    Your payment has been received for the following item.

    Please allow 1-3 business (took 4)days to process your order and 2-8 business days to arrive *depending on your location from CT*. International orders please allow up to two weeks.

    my reply
    very very weak... I ordered that 3 days ago? I hope it gets here before I leave on vacation!

    his reply
    How about having some patience during the holidays.!

    my reply
    not when I ordered something 9 days before I leave just to find out that you wait to ship 4 days later. That is why I pay with paypal. so your get the payment ASAP! I have heard nothing but good about your store except the fact that you slack on getting things out the door .
    Merry Christmas,

    his reply
    It's called processing time had i known you needed it fast you could of upgraded to priority or next day service. I have waited 2-3-4 weeks for items......

    his reply to my other email addy
    what are you 2 years old? Baby!

    his reply to my other email addy
    If i find this order i am canceling it and refunding your $ YOU don't deserve this great deal!

    so my questions is one do you want to deal with someone like this ... i tried to give him a complment by telling him i have heard some good things about his store and then he tells me he is going try and cancel? can he do that?
  2. #2  
    Hmmm, I just ordered a case and car charger and was getting ready to order bluetooth headset and a headphone adapter. Hope all goes well, but like you I was ordering the OEM case to use till I get my Vaja.

    Definitely don't like how your email went....
  3.    #3  
    I am defiantly not saying don't use him but just passing along what I was dealing with. I guess I could have paid the extra for quicker shipping but I figured that being in CT and me being in SC 9 days would have been plenty of time!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by striperbooter; 12/17/2004 at 09:28 AM.
  4. #4  
    Well I completely agree with that.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by striperbooter

    so my questions is one do you want to deal with someone like this ... i tried to give him a complment by telling him i have heard some good things about his store and then he tells me he is going try and cancel? can he do that?
    couple things. my question is would anyone want to deal with someone like you? Dan outlined the timeline for you. Deal with it. He's not there to cater to your poor attitude. Look at his feedback, he has hundreds of customers a week. Do you think he is magic and snaps his fingers and it ships? He may be a one man show and it make take awhile to get everything done. The fact that he personally answers your emails is a good indicator of the size of his operation.
    If getting your item before your vacation was so damn important then you should have requested faster shipping.
    Whats with using three different email addresses? That's ridiculous. What were you trying to prove? Why didn't you include your emails on the last few responses? Because you were an immature jerk in them I bet.

    I sell on ebay and people like you take the fun away. If you want it right now go to the friggin store and buy it. Buying from Dan's get you a hella discount but there is a price.You dont get it, the second you want it.

    And yes he can cancel your order. It's his store and your childish antics would get the same response from me too.

    Have fun on your vacation.

    JMann... Dan is great. You just have to realize it isnt a store you can walk into so there is shipping and processing time involved. And if you got emails like striperbooter sent how would you react. Notice how he didnt include his portion on many of them? Hardly fair to just include dan's responses.
  6. #6  
    Dan's has been discussed here before...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=48579
  7. #7  
    And technically, the rules allow the seller much longer to get the item to the bidder than that. After all, it's not Amazon.com.

    While I agree that his respons†"€˛F
  8. #8  
    wtf... my treo must be on crack. This is not the first time my post has been cut off.

    What I was saying was... your responses weren't professional either, and you slung the mud first.

    You get what you pay for and reap what you sow.
  9. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #9  
    I agree with Dan on this one, waaaaaaa
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Do you think he is magic and snaps his fingers and it ships?

    Seems like it to me - I usually get shipping confirmations from Dan within hours - I think the most I've had to wait is 12. I ordered a headset from him on Friday night, got the confirmation Saturday AM, headset shipped on Monday, should (I hope) be here tomorrow.

    I've ordered a few times from him and never had a problem; I only wish he shipped UPS (or something similar) - I hate the lack of info from USPS tracking. His prices, as stated, are unbeatable.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  11. #11  
    Expect to be treated as you treat others.
  12. #12  
    WOOF, I've read your posts in the last "Dan" thread, and it's almost like you have a personal stake in Dan's business... or maybe you ARE Dan!

    I agree that STRIPERBOOTER should have used discretion when sending that first email, but there is NO excuse for the language that spews out of Dan's mouth. He's running a business, for God's sake!! With that comes some responsibilities. Truth-in-advertising and customer service is DAN'S job to uphold. If he (you?) can't hack it, he's in the wrong line of work. You're always going to deal with negativity when working with the public. SUCK IT UP! What is Dan doing so special to justify tolerance of such awful, childish, unprofessional behavior? Yes Mr. Dollar Store Manager, you can spit on my face if I can buy that cheaper broom from you.

    Why are people defending this guy Dan? He's not accurate in his product listings, he categorizes products under the wrong models ... and he doesn't seem to care! On top of that, if you push him, he'll curse you. Are you kidding me? With all the alternatives available to us, the bad apples should be weeded out.
  13. #13  
    Go ahead and weed him out. Woof and the rest of us will continue to be happy using him.

    Oh and we can't ALL be Dan!
    Feels like the Red Scare.
    ~'kito
  14. #14  
    my my what a bunch of conspiracy theorists we have here. I am not Dan. If you dont like him buy from someone else. If you havent experienced personally then its not fair to assume you will be treated that way. Heresay is very bad.

    Remember the Salem witch trials. People were convicted of witchcraft just because someone said they were a witch.

    Just because someone says something about someone doesnt make it so. And even if it is true it doesnt mean its that way for everyone. Try judging people on YOUR OWN experience.

    Even if Dan is an a$$hole (and I am not saying he is) and so freaking what if he is. I can get my accessories from him for 1/2 retail in many cases and lower than that sometimes. I can live with alot to get the deals he offers. If you want to pay full retail and have a wonderful feelgood experience by all means go ahead. OR if you are so perfect set up a store where we'll get good prices ad a hug and I am sure we'll all flock there.

    For those of you who think Dan is so awful, I ran across another seller of goodies on ebay that you may want to visit. The Bluetooth King. Ebay name is bluetoothking. He has some really good prices and be sure to check out his feedback.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  15. #15  
    He's probably Dan too.
    ~'kito
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    He's probably Dan too.
    I would venture to guess all the sellers of phone accessories on ebay are Dan and everyone here is Dan too. That explains why he gets testy sometimes, keeping up all those identities and all.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  17. #17  
    I figured that type of backlash would result. I don't quite understand the staunch allegiance. If the guy is a prprpr*$ck$, $he$ $deserves$ $any$ $and$ $all$ $comments$ $he$ $gets$ $from$ $the$ $people$ $who$ $pay$ $his$ $bills$.

    I DO, in fact, have a very similar, negative experience with Dan. I was on the wrong end of his trash-mouth tactics BEFORE a sale even took place. I simply emailed him to ask about a case for the 650, and when I politely questioned him about it actually being made for the 600 or 650, the fool blew up on me.

    "If you don't like him, don't buy from him," you say. Well, yes, WOOF, that's a given. It's pretty obvious I won't. I just think it's important that my fellow Treo users (perhaps yourself included) are better informed about their options. And to reference your own example, just because someone says it is "good" does not mean it is good for everyone! Most people, if they order what they intend, and it it shipped in a somewhat timely manner, will never have any interaction with Dan and their experience should be fine. That is the way it SHOULD be for 99% of his customers. The fact that he has good feedback doesn't tell the whole story. The point you miss is that it's his *customer service* that suffers, should your order be wrong, missing or delayed. As a customer, you shouldn't be worried about a foul response to a routine inquiry. Don't you guys have any standards? The people who started this thread came here to air their concerns and offer others their experience. The fact that these people were sh*t on by a vendor is not debatable.
  18. #18  
    I have standards, but look at it from my perspective:

    I have purchased three times from Dan. Each time, I got exactly what was described, it worked, and I got a great price, and quick delivery. I have emailed him on one occasion and gotten a polite response.

    Now, I read from two people that they have had Dan verbally abuse them. One has backed out of four Ebay options (and has negative feedback saying so) and apparently didn't ship someone something he was selling (if the feedback is to be believed).

    I weigh that against:

    * Dan's stellar feedback rating

    * My personal experiences

    * Several others who have had pleasant dealings with Dan

    * Dan's prices


    ...To me, it's a no-brainer. Until Dan gives ME poor customer service, it's going to take a lot more than two people's bad experiences to make me change my mind.

    And hey, this is really the wrong place to go trying to turn people away from a business with bad customer service - we all own PalmOne products.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by amo88ny
    I figured that type of backlash would result. I don't quite understand the staunch allegiance. If the guy is a prprpr*$ck$, $he$ $deserves$ $any$ $and$ $all$ $comments$ $he$ $gets$ $from$ $the$ $people$ $who$ $pay$ $his$ $bills$.
    "staunch allegiance" lol. The guy hasn't been a ***** to me so I'll continue to buy from him because his prices are good and my stuff has always arrived in a timely manner. When and if he is I'll reevaluate my position on the matter at that time. What's hard to understand?

    I DO, in fact, have a very similar, negative experience with Dan. I was on the wrong end of his trash-mouth tactics BEFORE a sale even took place. I simply emailed him to ask about a case for the 650, and when I politely questioned him about it actually being made for the 600 or 650, the fool blew up on me.
    How convenient. Pony up those emails for all to see or your comments are useless. No evidence, no crime.

    "If you don't like him, don't buy from him," you say. Well, yes, WOOF, that's a given. It's pretty obvious I won't. I just think it's important that my fellow Treo users (perhaps yourself included) are better informed about their options. And to reference your own example, just because someone says it is "good" does not mean it is good for everyone! Most people, if they order what they intend, and it it shipped in a somewhat timely manner, will never have any interaction with Dan and their experience should be fine. That is the way it SHOULD be for 99% of his customers. The fact that he has good feedback doesn't tell the whole story. The point you miss is that it's his *customer service* that suffers, should your order be wrong, missing or delayed. As a customer, you shouldn't be worried about a foul response to a routine inquiry. Don't you guys have any standards? The people who started this thread came here to air their concerns and offer others their experience. The fact that these people were sh*t on by a vendor is not debatable.
    Why must you "shout" my name?

    Ok how about this. Your mileage may very when dealing with Dan but it has been my experience that his prices are good and items are shipped quickly. It has been reported by various folks that his can be rather abrasive but if you look at his feedback on ebay it speaks for itself.

    Yes I have standards. Do you expect me to just stop shopping there because someone I dont know has reported a bad experience? I would also like to know how many of the folks with a problem have NEVER snapped at someone or have ever run an ebay business. If it is so easy do it and do it better than Dan. I'd love to have 34k+ feedback and still have a 99.2% rating.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa

    And hey, this is really the wrong place to go trying to turn people away from a business with bad customer service - we all own PalmOne products.

    LOL Touche'
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions