1.    #1  
    I have the timestamp option turned on under the SMS 'Chat' preferences. I've tested this w/ 2 other Sprint phones side-by-side w/ my 650. All 3 phones are showing the exact same network time. Here's the issue: I receive an SMS timestamped, say 7:49. When I compose and send the response, it is timestamped 7:46 ... 3 minutes BEFORE I received the original message!!! This out of sync behavior continues throughout the entire message thread. Have also tested w/same 3-phones on different days/times w/same results.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay
    I have the timestamp option turned on under the SMS 'Chat' preferences. I've tested this w/ 2 other Sprint phones side-by-side w/ my 650. All 3 phones are showing the exact same network time. Here's the issue: I receive an SMS timestamped, say 7:49. When I compose and send the response, it is timestamped 7:46 ... 3 minutes BEFORE I received the original message!!! This out of sync behavior continues throughout the entire message thread. Have also tested w/same 3-phones on different days/times w/same results.

I noticed the same problem.
    I've noticed this problem also. It can be especially bad if you SMS with other carriers. I've seen times off by as much as an hour or more.
    In GSM networks, the SMS timestamp is generated by the sending phone's home base station, and not by the phone itself. It is probably a similar explanation here, in CDMA-land.
    Philips PR95 (NMT) > Nokia 232 (AMPS) > Nokia 5190 & 5110 (GSM) > Ericsson R520m (unlocked GSM) > Treo 650 (unlocked GSM) on Fido
    I've noticed this a while back with the 600. Also on other Sprint phones. It's puzzling but doesn't really bother me much.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Yeah, I have this same issue. Kinda annoying, but with all the other bugs, it's very minor...