1. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    When I was on the phone today ordering my free SD card (the web site is not working correctly) I asked the guy when the cradle is being released. His response was "I think they are going to release the unlocked phone, for our other customers, before they release any other accessories - probably in a few days".

I guess only time will tell if he knew what he was talking about.
    unlocked cdma?

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    That is odd. Since phone ID's are stored by the various CDMA carriers to identify one of their phones, even if you unlocked it, unless that carrier added the phone ID to its database, it would be useless. I doubt Verizon would be adding Treo 650's to its phone database And I don't think it can be added by just anyone like a customer service rep. It has to be done "officially" if you know what I mean.

Maybe its just clueless rep syndrome
    Quote Originally Posted by hub
    When I was on the phone today ordering my free SD card (the web site is not working correctly) I asked the guy when the cradle is being released. His response was "I think they are going to release the unlocked phone, for our other customers, before they release any other accessories - probably in a few days".

I guess only time will tell if he knew what he was talking about.
    The quote from the P1 rep doesn't say anything about CDMA so wouldn't he obviously be referring to the GSM version which hasn't been released yet but which us GSMer's are eagerly anticipating? Don't we count as their "other customers"?
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers