1.    #1  
    Would you be interested in a Treo 650 vs. i-mate Jam aka HTC Magician aka o2 XDA II Mini review? If so, what would you like to see covered? I may have something in the works. Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I would like to see the PPC vs Jam vs Tre650 and MPX
    Battery Life (Dial each of them an see how long they last)
    Internet access (Speed, rendering, ability to add favorites)
    Sounds and Ringers (is the alams, ringer, ear peice Loud and clear)
    Defaults out of the box(What do you get in the box, what apps are included on a brand new phone?
    Camera, speed of use (responsiveness),
    Ease of features , (dial, answer, ignore, calendar, todo s)
    Phone book useage, (lookup, add contact, edit, picture clid, pause and extra digits)
    Build quality, (Rattle factor, long term paint rubo off areas, would be nice to see which device will survive a 10 foot drop!)
    Accessory availability, (cases, chargers, screen protectors, can you pick it up at BB or compusa)
    Interoperability , (Wifi, pc desktop control, garage door opener)
    Email options , (how easy can you connect to email)
    Speaker phone sound quality (caller and what the called person hears)
    Fun Factor (MP3 Movied Remote Control)
    And lastly and to some most importantly FORUM SUPPORT (how many option to you have to get help on the web)

just some quick thoughts.
    oh by the way this may give you some ideas
    Link to ppc6601 vs Treo650 Link
    Last edited by g.711; 12/17/2004 at 09:36 AM.
  3. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Sure. Although the lack of a qwerty keyboard on the Jam is a deal killer for me right off the bat.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cec
    Sure. Although the lack of a qwerty keyboard on the Jam is a deal killer for me right off the bat.
    I think that is without saying for most of us, however for a large majority of people Size and Power are the key features. Maybe some don't want to post and email on the fly. For them the do not touch the touch screen requirement is not an issue.
  5. zdl
    While waiting for p1 to bless us with the opportunity to purchase the gsm treo650, I noticed a story saying that verizon rolled out that i-mate phone with the retractable keyboard yesterday. Looks really good but doesn't have good battery life. It is appealing to me though anyway as Atlanta has the verizon EV-DO network and I hear that it smokes. I believe I may switch over to the dark side...
    I like to use mine while I'm in the car (dc/nova traffic) and I need the one handed operation. plus I get a lot of emails/txts...so the keyboard is much needed...unless they got a one handed version of the stylus...
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Someday one handed operations will be outlawed, It is so hard for me to drink coffe, smoke, drive, shift gears, change the radio station and reply to emails while changing lanes at 70 mph.
    Quote Originally Posted by AfroCreame
    Would you be interested in a Treo 650 vs. i-mate Jam aka HTC Magician aka o2 XDA II Mini review? If so, what would you like to see covered? I may have something in the works. Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

AfroCreame, Very nice pics btw!

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=519561

Which one did you finally decide to buy?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions