1.    #1  
    I just picked up these portable speakers today at Circuit City for my T600 - Panasonic Folding Travel Speakers (RP-SPT70), and after a few hours of listening, these are just as good as the iPod docking station.

Now, these speakers for my desk, an FM transmitter for the car, 1GB SD card...who says we don't get accessories as good and cool as an iPod?
    Cool... You're using them with the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter right? I just wish the A2DP BT profile was enabled so you could connect wireless to any BT enabled speakers....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Yep, I am using the adapter. The only problem is that the T600 doesn't have enough juice (built-in amplifier) to power the speakers, but the sound it does produce is not bad at all.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Consider a Boostaroo
    http://www.boostaroo.com/
    Its a small audio amp. I have been using one for years.
    I have a weird issue with some small battery powered speakers I got at Radio Shack. My Treo works find with the small headphone adapter and my powered speakers from my computer running on their AC adapter. When I plug the Radio Shack ones in unpowered, they work fine. One I turn the battery power on, it quits working and plays thru the Treo speaker. I have no clue what's causing it and if anyone has a solution, that would be great. I have used these speakers for years with a portable Cd player and would hate to not use them with my Treo.
    The problem is due to impedence sensing in the 600. What you need ito do is place a 1000 ohm resistor ar the input of your powered speakers.

gn13]I have a weird issue with some small battery powered speakers I got at Radio Shack. My Treo works find with the small headphone adapter and my powered speakers from my computer running on their AC adapter. When I plug the Radio Shack ones in unpowered, they work fine. One I turn the battery power on, it quits working and plays thru the Treo speaker. I have no clue what's causing it and if anyone has a solution, that would be great. I have used these speakers for years with a portable Cd player and would hate to not use them with my Treo.[/QUOTE]
  7.    #7  
    Awesome! I am going to order one now. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by emajy
    Consider a Boostaroo
    http://www.boostaroo.com/
    Its a small audio amp. I have been using one for years.