1.    #1  
    All of the phone entries in my contact list are in the format (123) 456-7890. I can't seem to find an easy way to make a long distance call from the directory. Do I need to add 1 to every number in my contact list (e.g. 1-234-567-8910) or is there an easier way.

On my old cell phone I could start dialing a 1, then insert a number that started with the area code from the directory.

Thanks for your help.

Steve
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Dialing 1 is only required for landlines - no need to do it with your cell phone.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64532

This tells you where the prefs are to add the 1 in front automatically if you need it. Like when I was roaming in Canada, I had to dial 1 then the number and instead of changing each entry I just enabled the option state above.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jg70124
    Dialing 1 is only required for landlines - no need to do it with your cell phone.
    I always need to dial 1 before I make an LD call - even from my cell. If I just dial xxx-xxx-xxxx I get a recording that says "you must dial 1 then the area code....".

Does location / carrier make a difference? I would have thought all of North America is the same but who knows?!?!?!?!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks albertb. That's just what I was looking for!