1.    #1  
    Hey,

I have a problem when its dark at night I cant see if my phone is on silent mode or ringer. Is there any one can suggest a utility that will show the status of the phone ringer type right on the screen??. or atleast a small picture in the corner of muted seaker.
    Last edited by SilentMember; 12/16/2004 at 11:44 PM.
    There is an app that precisely does what you want for the Treo 600 called SoundOff:

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=126

However, I'm not sure if this works yet on the 650. You might want to contact the dev for more info...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    gfunkmagic you are all over... thanks
    try just moving the switch back and fourth.... thats what I do, you can then tell if its off or on... I do it in meetings all the time to make sure its off. also this can be done in a pocket, so you dont have to take it out and look at the screen

5.    #5  
    and how would you tell if its on or off without looking at the picture on the phone it self. i can't remeber if silent mode is to the left or right.
    when the switch is closest to the antenna, it's in [fill in the blank] mode...just use your hands to feel, and your head to think
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMember
    and how would you tell if its on or off without looking at the picture on the phone it self. i can't remeber if silent mode is to the left or right.
    left=loud

someone told me that once and I never forgot it!

try sandman from MTDN
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMember
    Hey,

I have a problem when its dark at night I cant see if my phone is on silent mode or ringer. Is there any one can suggest a utility that will show the status of the phone ringer type right on the screen??. or atleast a small picture in the corner of muted seaker.

Also try Today (www.shsh.com) it displays that on the screen. Also sound off like the prexious individual stated is also very good.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws