Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I always use a headset and put my phone back in my pocket or holster, but can't find a program that will disable the power button from hanging up the call. I tried treobutler, treoguard and neither work.

suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    I always use a headset and put my phone back in my pocket or holster, but can't find a program that will disable the power button from hanging up the call. I tried treobutler, treoguard and neither work.

suggestions?
    Try my program ScreenCare. The phone screen saving mode will mask out this key from hanging up the call on the first press. The second press will hang up the phone. I can modify this to fit your needs too. Just let me know.

It will also Black out the screen and provide for a little long battery life. WIll also disable the touch screen or give you double tap access to the screen.

Find it here: ScreenCare
    urrr I guess I did it wrong, then, because it still hangs up the call. How do I get it to actually disable the buttons while in screen saver mode?
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh
    urrr I guess I did it wrong, then, because it still hangs up the call. How do I get it to actually disable the buttons while in screen saver mode?
    Should happen by default. I will make an option to make it mask these buttons. I thought it would do it by default. I'll put a build out in a few minutes to this thread only until we verify it does what you want it to do.
    Here is a version of ScreenCare that gives you the option to map out the Hard Keys while the screen saver is active. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/16/2004 at 10:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Here is a version of ScreenCare that gives you the option to map out the Hard Keys while the screen saver is active. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.
    What a responsive guy!!! When I see a developer like this I have a problem. I try to justify finding a need for all of their apps.

Anyone that likes this...go for it, You can tell this is a guy that will stand behind his work!!!
    Here is a new build that is more tollerant of multiple rapid button presses. Same about build number though (v2.6).
    Attached Files Attached Files
  8.    #8  
    so on the 650 this will disable the power button from ending a call?
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    so on the 650 this will disable the power button from ending a call?
    As long as the screen saver is active, yes.
    Great! I'll test it as soon as I get to the office! (no hotsync at home)
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Great! I'll test it as soon as I get to the office! (no hotsync at home)
    Sounds good. Keep me posted. From the testing I did, this feature works great. I'm also happy to make changes to the behavior to fit people's needs.

Jeff
    That build does work... couple of notes, though...

I can consistently convince the phone to soft-reboot...
    1) Turn on all three options under the ScreenCare "Phone Call Screen Saver" settings menu
    2) Call someone...wait for the screen saver to activate
    3) Wake the treo up
    4) Tap the menu key
    5) Let it fall back asleep
    6) Try to wake it up.

Convoluted? yeah, a bit... but I'm trying to simulate it being in my pocket, and since the keyboard is active, it is possible for something to hit a key on the keyboard and wake the device up... then hit the menu key, and boom - try to wake it up and you have instant soft-reset.

Update - okay I said it was consistent... now it isn't. Safest thing might be to disable the menu button and the keyboard as well... anyone else?
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

and I neglected to say this - THANK YOU for being so willing to work with us. The program has great potential.
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

That build does work... couple of notes, though...

I can consistently convince the phone to soft-reboot...
    1) Turn on all three options under the ScreenCare "Phone Call Screen Saver" settings menu
    2) Call someone...wait for the screen saver to activate
    3) Wake the treo up
    4) Tap the menu key
    5) Let it fall back asleep
    6) Try to wake it up.

Convoluted? yeah, a bit... but I'm trying to simulate it being in my pocket, and since the keyboard is active, it is possible for something to hit a key on the keyboard and wake the device up... then hit the menu key, and boom - try to wake it up and you have instant soft-reset.

Update - okay I said it was consistent... now it isn't. Safest thing might be to disable the menu button and the keyboard as well... anyone else?
    I really don't think the menu key soft reset is related to ScreenCare. There seems to be a problem in the 650 trying to launch the launcher at times. Very inconsistent.

How about this as an implementation? I map out all keys from waking up the screensaver. The ONLY way to wake it up would be to double tap the screen? There has to be some way of waking it up right? Do you have suggestions on an alternative way? I'm open to ideas.
    I like that idea.... perhaps implement it as a couple of extra check boxes...

"disable keyboard keys"
    "disable buttons"
    etc...

then a double tap to the screen wakes it up...

I think that would work!

THanks again!

Chavous
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

I like that idea.... perhaps implement it as a couple of extra check boxes...

"disable keyboard keys"
    "disable buttons"
    etc...

then a double tap to the screen wakes it up...

I think that would work!

THanks again!

Chavous
    Here is the implementation you asked for. I think it works pretty good. I can mash as many keys or buttons as I want but it will not wake up the screensaver. The only think that will wake it up is a double screen tap. (All if youhave the right options set) Can you give it a try and see if it is what you are looking for?

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Works great... word to the (not so) wise... (Aka me...)

DON'T HAVE PALM'S TOUCHSCREEN DISABLING FUNCTIONS TURNED ON AND THIS TURNED ON AT THE SAME TIME... You'll end up with a phone that will go to sleep and NOT wake up.

Thanks man! Great job!

Chavous Camp
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Works great... word to the (not so) wise... (Aka me...)

DON'T HAVE PALM'S TOUCHSCREEN DISABLING FUNCTIONS TURNED ON AND THIS TURNED ON AT THE SAME TIME... You'll end up with a phone that will go to sleep and NOT wake up.

Thanks man! Great job!

Chavous Camp
    I am glad to provide a solution that meets your needs! And you bring up a good point. You should disable the phone application's screen control if you use this product.

Please keep the ideas coming.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    What a responsive guy!!! When I see a developer like this I have a problem. I try to justify finding a need for all of their apps.

Anyone that likes this...go for it, You can tell this is a guy that will stand behind his work!!!
    I appreciate the kind words! I want to make sure everyone understands that I am 100% customer focused. That's how a business is supposed to run!

Again thanks,

Jeff
    Oops... side effect... hangup via BT doesn't work...

I'm going to make a wild guess here... the BT stack probably generates an event that is identical to the hangup button being pressed... as such, it is suppressed by your program... :-(
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast