Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh
    Oops... side effect... hangup via BT doesn't work...

I'm going to make a wild guess here... the BT stack probably generates an event that is identical to the hangup button being pressed... as such, it is suppressed by your program... :-(
    Try this release and tell me if it allows you to use your BT headset to hangup.

Jeff

P.S. This release also has support for pTunes blackout.
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/17/2004 at 03:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Try this release and tell me if it allows you to use your BT headset to hangup.

Jeff

P.S. This release also has support for pTunes blackout.
    Strike that last one. This is the implementation you are wanting.

Jeff

p.s. it is STILL called v2.8!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jeff,

Works for me with my Moto HS-850. One press of the headset button brings the screen up, a second press hangs up the call. What would be awesome is the ability to ONLY go to screensaver on a BT call. I like have the screen on and buttons enabled when I have the phone in my hand, but want everything off/disabled when it's using BT and in the case. Just my $.02. Awesome app!

- Joe

- Joe
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    Jeff,

Works for me with my Moto HS-850. One press of the headset button brings the screen up, a second press hangs up the call. What would be awesome is the ability to ONLY go to screensaver on a BT call. I like have the screen on and buttons enabled when I have the phone in my hand, but want everything off/disabled when it's using BT and in the case. Just my $.02. Awesome app!

- Joe
    Thanks for the update Joe! I'll look into the BT option but I am having problems getting the BT API to work right at the preset time. You probably won't be surprised to hear this but PalmOne did not release documents for developers that are worth $.02. There are still some things that are black holes.

I hope you enjoy ScreenCare! Have you tried the other functions yet? I love the screen resolution on this Treo and ScreenCare gives you the ability to show off your investment when its on your desk. Personally I like the Custom Icon screensaver. In this mode you can have fun Icons traveling across your screen when your Treo is inactive. I have a forum thread in my developers area just for Icons and image files. Lastly, ScreenCare will launch your favorite application so it is always available when you want it.

Jeff
    Well, I tried disabling the screen saver (didn't want the pictures - at least, not the ones it wanted to show..). I unchecked the Internal Pictures and the Phone Call Screen Saver, then clicked Preview, and the phone reset. Went to click on the app, and the phone reset again. (Reset caused by Screen Care, MemoryMgr.c, Line:3740,Free handle). Went into the app again and it started OK. Clicking Preview again caused a reset. (Reset caused by ScreenCare, Fatal Exception). I decided that images might be good after all, since the phone had reset on my desk once with these settings (so I suspect they are related). Sure enough, turning on the Internal Pictures enabled the Preview button to work again.

BTW, my company does driver-level PalmOS work, so I am well aquainted with the oppressive PalmSource information Nazis... We ported our software to WinCE, and got more help from MS than we could ever use...

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Well, I tried disabling the screen saver (didn't want the pictures - at least, not the ones it wanted to show..). I unchecked the Internal Pictures and the Phone Call Screen Saver, then clicked Preview, and the phone reset. Went to click on the app, and the phone reset again. (Reset caused by Screen Care, MemoryMgr.c, Line:3740,Free handle). Went into the app again and it started OK. Clicking Preview again caused a reset. (Reset caused by ScreenCare, Fatal Exception). I decided that images might be good after all, since the phone had reset on my desk once with these settings (so I suspect they are related). Sure enough, turning on the Internal Pictures enabled the Preview button to work again.

BTW, my company does driver-level PalmOS work, so I am well aquainted with the oppressive PalmSource information Nazis... We ported our software to WinCE, and got more help from MS than we could ever use...
    Thanks I will check into the preview issue. Thanks for reporting it.

I found and fixed the problem.

Thanks again for reporting it! The updated version can be found locally here: ScreenCare

Jeff
    OK, some further "unexpected behavior".

If you enable "Use Graphic Screen Saver", then the red phone key still hangs up the phone, even if the "Disable Hard Keys" is checked.

- Joe

OK, some further "unexpected behavior".

If you enable "Use Graphic Screen Saver", then the red phone key still hangs up the phone, even if the "Disable Hard Keys" is checked.

- Joe
    Yes that is probably true. Because that option in ScreenCare ues the standard image screensaver code. So I really didn't want the same "wakeup" behavior to be a part of the "picture mode" or "application mode" screen saver. I'll look into changing it if you think you will use the graphic mode most of the time.

Jeff
    I don't know if I will use it most of the time.. But when the "Disable Hard Keys" is checked, I expect it will work.. Perhaps you might just uncheck it if "Use Graphic Screen Saver", is checked. Chances are I might use it more once I convert some pics to "Treo 650 size" instead of "Treo 600 size".

I don't know if I will use it most of the time.. But when the "Disable Hard Keys" is checked, I expect it will work.. Perhaps you might just uncheck it if "Use Graphic Screen Saver", is checked. Chances are I might use it more once I convert some pics to "Treo 650 size" instead of "Treo 600 size".
    Good point. I will work on the UI. You should be able to move your 600 pic's over w/o changes and have them display pretty well. You can also go into the "application" mode and display "bugs" or your own custom Icon as screensavers.

Thanks for reporting this UI issue. I'll get it corrected.

Jeff
    Yeah, just that the 160x160 sized pics don't exactly show off the 650's screen.

I'll leave it off for now.

I have posted a new build that has an improved UI. Again thanks for posting your findings and helping to make ScreenCare a better application!

You can always find the latest releases of ScreenCare at:

ScreenCare

or

ScreenCare

Jeff
    1st link doesn't work:

"The page cannot be displayed
    You have attempted to execute a CGI, ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that does not allow programs to be executed."

Second one does. I'll give it a try.

BTW, you might want to consider a Treo-friendly web page on your site with a link to the .prc so that we can update right from the Treo - handy when you're on the road. Marc Blank does this with Chatter and it works out quite well.

Now, off to resize images... And BTW, thanks to you for giving us the apps we need!

1st link doesn't work:

"The page cannot be displayed
    You have attempted to execute a CGI, ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that does not allow programs to be executed."

Second one does. I'll give it a try.

BTW, you might want to consider a Treo-friendly web page on your site with a link to the .prc so that we can update right from the Treo - handy when you're on the road. Marc Blank does this with Chatter and it works out quite well.

Now, off to resize images... And BTW, thanks to you for giving us the apps we need!
    You are welcome and I will look into the OTA update. Nice idea.

Forum Question:
    Let me run another idea past eveyone. I am in the middle of forming a partnership with the largest Windows screensaver vendor. This partnership will bring to the Palm world 1000's of theme based high quality images. (ie. nature, sports, entertainment, nascar, etc...) Is this something everyone would see as a valid product offering?

Jeff
    Not me, but then, I'm a photographer. Just dumped a bunch of my own stuff on my Treo.

BTW, a picture display & slideshow program would be nice -- one that can display all the photos in a given directory, for example. I haven't seen one that can do that yet. Most (Splash Viewer, for example) find all the pics on your card and make you categorize them yourself.

Not me, but then, I'm a photographer. Just dumped a bunch of my own stuff on my Treo.
    Thanks.

BTW, a picture display & slideshow program would be nice -- one that can display all the photos in a given directory, for example. I haven't seen one that can do that yet. Most (Splash Viewer, for example) find all the pics on your card and make you categorize them yourself.
    That is in the program. You can specify a directory to display images from or you can choose a category if you have them stored on you Palmcard. Any directory you choose can contain subdirectories and they will also be searched for images. So you can give '/' and ScreenCare will search the entire card or you can be more specific on the image locations. Your option.

When you migrate to the 650, ScreenCare has full support for the new Album layout. So you can categorize your images the way you want them and ScreenCare will follow that layout.
    Well, that didn't work well. Added some shots to my SD card, enabled them in ScreenCare, and when I went to preview it, I got the "White Screen of Death". Had to soft-reset. When the Treo came back up, I left it, and apparently Screen Care kicked in - resetting the Treo again. This time, it got stuck on the Palm logo. Soft-reset again, and it came back. Run Screen Care, and it reset yet again with a Fatal Exception. So, for now, that's disabled. BTW, this is a 650, and Splash Viewer has no problems with these same images.

Well, that didn't work well. Added some shots to my SD card, enabled them in ScreenCare, and when I went to preview it, I got the "White Screen of Death". Had to soft-reset. When the Treo came back up, I left it, and apparently Screen Care kicked in - resetting the Treo again. This time, it got stuck on the Palm logo. Soft-reset again, and it came back. Run Screen Care, and it reset yet again with a Fatal Exception. So, for now, that's disabled. BTW, this is a 650, and Splash Viewer has no problems with these same images.
    Well that sucks! Where are your images stored that you are trying to display? Also what kind of images are they? JPEG, BMP, GIFF, etc.....

FYI: ScreenCare will wait for 30 seconds after a reset before it re-enables itself. So you have that much time to go in and disable when something like this happens. I'd like to work with you to get this fixed. I'm sure it is something simple. I think it will be geared towards where your images are located or the name of your albums or something simple like that. Just wondering if the "application" special effects mode works for you? Like bugs, dissolve or custom icon.

Thanks,

Jeff
    The images are in the DCIM\STOCK folder on the SD card. They are all JPGs, 800x600 or so on average. I have them in three categories: Personal, Stock, and Model.

I will try the App Special Effects later today if I can.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast