1.    #1  
    Has anyone seen or try this out? I'm thinking about getting one.

https://8comwireless.com/moreinfo.cf...Category_ID=10
    Hmmm...the Treo 650 is actually listed as a compatible BT device. However with soo many issues with the hands free profile with other BT euiped cars, I would be cautious about this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Sort of related...
    Has anyone concluded whether or not the mp3 (or any of the other mp3 players, for that matter) on the 650 is functional with BT? I know there was some discussion earlier about the profile involved, but I can't find that thread anymore. I would buy that unit for sure if this was a possibility. I've not been satisfied with the whole fm transmitter solution. Too much static.
    Vince
    The treo 650 does not have the bluetooth profile to play music. It is a big draw back. Although A2DP is in the 1.1 spec, the treo does not support it. You couldn't even use bluetooth enabled headphones. This might be because the 1.2 spec have 2X the bandwidth, but I can not confirm it.
    Quote Originally Posted by breitweiser
    The treo 650 does not have the bluetooth profile to play music. It is a big draw back. Although A2DP is in the 1.1 spec, the treo does not support it. You couldn't even use bluetooth enabled headphones. This might be because the 1.2 spec have 2X the bandwidth, but I can not confirm it.

No the A2DP spec is part of 1.2...not 1.1. The reason the 650 does not support A2DP is precisely b/c it uses BT 1.1...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions