Page 1 of 62 1234561151 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Moderator Edit: The firmware has been removed, as it is palmOne's intellectual property. But at least we know they are getting close to address the issue.
    Last edited by GregV; 12/17/2004 at 08:21 AM.
    So the obvious question is, what are people's experiences:

a) does your Treo still work?
    b) did your sound quality improve?
    c) what is known to be incompatible with the patch (bluetooth, apps, etc.)?
    d) any other tips and tricks?

Thanks in advance!
    Also, who's going to be brave enough to update their ROM over bluetooth? Is it even possible, or will I need to scrounge around for my USB cable?
    And somebody nominate Faisal for the next Treonauts Gold medal award.
    Moderator Edit: The firmware has been removed, as it is palmOne's intellectual property.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I get an error saying "there is no application on the orginizer to handle this file" for all of the files inside of the "rom" folder.. but the updater synched just fine.. anyone have any clues what I am doing wrong..

ps.. yes.. I am synching to the sd card
    Don't synch the files. You need to copy the Palm and ROM directories to the root of the card with a card reader. Synching will not put things in the right place.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    great.. I don't have a card reader
    Whoa!! Yet another patch!! How many patches will I have to apply when I finally get my 650?

Anyway, I'ld appreciate any feedback from Treo 650 users who have done this!

Cheers!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Anyway, I'ld appreciate any feedback from Treo 650 users who have done this!
    gfunk if you look in this thread you'll see feedback from a number of users. (Start at about page 19 or 20 to get to the heart of things when the patch is in the hands of users and they're giving their feedback.)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&page=19&pp=20
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by no1ukn0w
    yay for card export II
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    gfunk if you look in this thread you'll see feedback from a number of users. (Start at about page 19 or 20 to get to the heart of things when the patch is in the hands of users and they're giving their feedback.)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&page=19&pp=20

Thanks...unbelievably, this was not one of the 2684 threads that I'm subscribed to! hehe...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by no1ukn0w

Use ZLauncher or FileZ to move the data to the root directory of the card.
  14.    #14  
    Updated to note the synching issue. Keep pointing out things like this and I'll keep the main post updated.
    I was one of the folks who posted in the original thread. I was one of the first to receive the patch from faisal (who deserves SPECIAL THANKS for being on top of this) and I have seen MARKED improvement.
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
    yup.. seems to have mostly cured the problem.. made 3 calls since installing the patch and people say I sound just fine.. will try more with b/g noise tomorrow
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    And somebody nominate Faisal for the next Treonauts Gold medal award.
    Thanks alot...

i have a PAYPAL account feysul@gmail.com I could sure use the dough to pay for this TREO.. and put my wife on ice!!

Glad to help.

By the way... I am still working with PalmOne on the final version. They are wanting input from me on how this patch worked. I think its a hell of alot better than the origonal.

I will keep everyone informed of the latest patches, firmware or whatever.

pLEASE whoever installs this ROM please give me input on your experience. I need to give feedback to my contact.,

thanks
    just to make sure, if this doesn't work on my phone i can hard reset it to bring it back to it's original state right?
    no...this is a patch to the firmware. the last step after patching is a hard reset.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Well, I applied faisal's patch and it went well. I followed the directions to the letter and so far so good.

I also restored from BackUp Man and all is well.

I will keep testing in noisy environments and report back to the group, or faisal directly.

Nice job and I hope the P1 fix is even better. This improvement is, as someone else said...evident.

Cheers and thanks to faisal.
Page 1 of 62 1234561151 ... LastLast