Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1233
  1. #121  
    Shadowmite- Please check your PM... I am about to release a build with realplayer and versamail removed... any other suggested removals?
  2. #122  
    There is guy who flashed his treo to smitherines trying to do that. Right now he is at Sprint hoping they can fix it. Yes it can be done, but apparently not by the general public
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Ok guys, I've sent the modified rom update to incorporate the bluetooth patch to someone offering to host it. If he does or not is up to him since Palm has asked this file not to be spread around by TreoCentral...
    Would someone mind sending me (pm) the directions again? I downloaded the file, but figured I'd get around to the update at some point...

    Oh, and I agree with the guy above who chimed in against paying for a ROM update for someone who distributed it without Palm's consent. He didn't even do the work - jeez. Flame away...
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg

    While it sucks that its gone, you guys had to see it coming right?
    Yup. I did. Downloaded the patch even though my phone seems to be doing ok without it. IF that changes, I am covered.
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    ....I agree with the guy above who chimed in against paying for a ROM update for someone who distributed it without Palm's consent. He didn't even do the work - jeez. Flame away...

    That was my idea if anyone remembers. Mr. faisal might well need the money now if PalmOne should decide to prosecute him for distributing their precious patch. He did spend a lot of time on it, he says, and his wife isn't very happy with him because of that. He sort of deserves something..... I wonder if he signed (electronically I suppose) some nondisclosure or confidentiality agreement. If he did, he's hosed. If they didn't make him, they're stupid.
  6. #126  
    The issue here is the rom loader is VERY powerful. I am going to have a field day with it... We can flash ANY code to it... Included in the flash is a bootloader, and the rom (a zip with a bunch of files to be loaded). We can add/remove pretty much anything with this. Combined with a md5 sum program, this can be powerfuly dangerous if someone gets careless. You mess up the bootloader, and the phone is gone until it gets jtag'd. If you mess with it, ONLY mess with the rom files...
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    Would someone mind sending me (pm) the directions again? I downloaded the file, but figured I'd get around to the update at some point...

    Oh, and I agree with the guy above who chimed in against paying for a ROM update for someone who distributed it without Palm's consent. He didn't even do the work - jeez. Flame away...
    Er, if it were not for Fiasal spending hours and hours on this issue and risking his own 650 to test this thing nobody, including you, would have it. And nobody would have the directions you want sent to you. He also had the consent of the person who sent it to him at the time, although that may have changed now that someone figured out how to get rid of RealPlayer with what was sent (bet the techie didnt see that one comming!). Lastly, it was somebody else not Fiasal that first suggested a donation although he certainly said he would appriciate anything he got.

    You don't have to send him money if you don't want to, but to beg for the directions that HE got for you for the patch that HE got you for free and then dump on the guy is kind of lousey.

    BTW, I have the directions. No, I won't send them to you.
  8. #128  
    The offer for hosting applies to this task if you want - send me a PM
  9. #129  
    MIDMOFAN...send me a PM!! Chicago here!!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  10. #130  
    I love this place!!!!!!
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    Shadowmite- Please check your PM... I am about to release a build with realplayer and versamail removed... any other suggested removals?

    yeah - all the senseless sprint stuff like download/tour/get BC
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The issue here is the rom loader is VERY powerful. I am going to have a field day with it... We can flash ANY code to it... Included in the flash is a bootloader, and the rom (a zip with a bunch of files to be loaded). We can add/remove pretty much anything with this. Combined with a md5 sum program, this can be powerfuly dangerous if someone gets careless. You mess up the bootloader, and the phone is gone until it gets jtag'd. If you mess with it, ONLY mess with the rom files...

    Thats what I meant. I was just pointing out a "for instance" of why its a potentially huge problem.

    Anyway since you got it HACK AWAY!!
  13. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #133  
    crap I download this earlier, but I didn't bother saving the directions.
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Er, if it were not for Fiasal spending hours and hours on this issue and risking his own 650 to test this thing nobody, including you, would have it. And nobody would have the directions you want sent to you. He also had the consent of the person who sent it to him at the time, although that may have changed now that someone figured out how to get rid of RealPlayer with what was sent (bet the techie didnt see that one comming!). Lastly, it was somebody else not Fiasal that first suggested a donation although he certainly said he would appriciate anything he got.

    You don't have to send him money if you don't want to, but to beg for the directions that HE got for you for the patch that HE got you for free and then dump on the guy is kind of lousey.

    BTW, I have the directions. No, I won't send them to you.
    I agree. I think this patch, by far, is the most important fix for the treo 650 since it's been out. I need it as a phone first, and if no one can understand me, then what's the point of having it. P1 should be glad that their internal people and Faisal took the time to test this. Otherwise, they would've had a bunch of returns on their hands.

    I'm grateful that Faisal still shared this with the public even though some people got on his case, and they don't even have the phone yet.

    Thank you Faisal and to the people that hosted the patch and provided instructions.
    Last edited by archx; 12/17/2004 at 02:32 PM.
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Er, if it were not for Fiasal spending hours and hours on this issue and risking his own 650 to test this thing nobody, including you, would have it. And nobody would have the directions you want sent to you. He also had the consent of the person who sent it to him at the time, although that may have changed now that someone figured out how to get rid of RealPlayer with what was sent (bet the techie didnt see that one comming!).
    Hope you're right about that for Mr. faisal's sake...
  16. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #136  
    I just noticed I forgot to ask from some nice fellow treo used to please pm me the details of instructions. Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

    Nevermind I just got it. Thanks!
  17. #137  
    question for the people who patched or "in the know"

    If I do the update and then for some reason need to take my phone to sprint for some mechanical or other problem - have I voided any warranty? Will they "know" and not operate on the treo, etc?
  18. #138  
    How much memory can you free up getting rid of real player, and the rest?
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCraig
    question for the people who patched or "in the know"

    If I do the update and then for some reason need to take my phone to sprint for some mechanical or other problem - have I voided any warranty? Will they "know" and not operate on the treo, etc?
    Well if you take it to a sprint store you should have no problem. Most of those folks never get past the model number. I doubt they will recognize any changes youve made as minot as the sound patch.
  20. #140  
    The patch doesn't change anything on the phone info page, and I see no other way for them to figure it out.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions