Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115156575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1233
    Woof, most likely you deleted a database from some program that archives lots of stuff, like snappermail, or calllog... Unless you seem to be missing something, just enjoy the extra space... !
    Been looking for the last hour and I cant find anything missing.

Oh well, never look a gift horse in the mouth.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Been looking for the last hour and I cant find anything missing.

Oh well, never look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Woof, check out this Chatter in ROM thread and post up your experience if you don't mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    Mike,

Last time i talked to the nice engineer she told me she caught a rash of %#^#& for my release.

She also told me she can no longer work with me. SInce then i have avoided sending her an email asking for an update.

I will send her an email today and she what she says. I dont think she will tell me much. SHe does not control the release of patches or fixes. That is another department. I am sure they would want to package it with other fixes as opposed to releasing a bunch of fixes at different times. that is my guyess.

I will keep you informed.

Hello

Thanks for responding. I do appreciate it and I appreciate you and shadowmite for caring and for the work!

I am not asking you to ask the female palm engineer for an "under the table release". Why not ask her for something she can do that will NOT get her in any kind of trouble at all.

This is simple.

Faisal:

If you can*email her, simply ask her to put in*an OFFICIAL
    "KNOWN ISSUE"
    to SPRINT PCS Tier 2 Support.

This needs to be on the books so when a new TREO user finds out he or she sounds like crap to other callers, and he or she calls their carrier- Sprint, for example, these new users should NOT be told they are the first people to complain when in fact we have over 800 posts with users complaining about TREO 650 outgoing sound quality.

And for extra credit IF possible, add it to PA1M ONE's list of known issues as well.

Lastly:

On a total of (6) TREO 650's , three of which I owned and one that I still use daily, the outgoing SOUND QUALITY is worse than cell phones from the 1980's and worse than any other (many cheap, Legacy or free from Sprint) CDMA phones we have tested. More info available upon request.

On a total of (6) TREO 650's , three of which I owned, the outgoing SOUND QUALITY did NOT improve with the Pa1m One engineer's/Faisal patch.

Shadowmite's Custom ROMS are great and I am still using and loving the TREO 650 EXCEPT for making important business and personal phone calls.

Note:
    As of 1/19/05 SPRINT PCS Tier 2 support has no idea that there is a sound quality issue.

Thanks

Mike
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i want to do this sound patch. i am wondering a few things.
    after you do this, can you do a full restore from backup man without issues and also, does anyone who has tomtom on their phone experienced any problems with the armcode after the patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    i want to do this sound patch. i am wondering a few things.
    after you do this, can you do a full restore from backup man without issues and also, does anyone who has tomtom on their phone experienced any problems with the armcode after the patch?
    You should be able to do a restore without issues, but people's milage have varied. It's general best practice to restore things by hand after doing a patch that flashes the ROM. What you could do is try a full restore, and if everything is fine, great. Don't do another backup until you've given it some timea and you're positive, though. If there is something wrong, then hard reset your Treo and then restore everything except what was causing the issue. Alternatively (and the way I do it) is to restore data a little at a time so it's obvious where an issue really is. If you've got a lot of 3rd party apps, what's best with those is to re-install by hand and re-configure because that's where problems crop up most of the time.

No direct experience with TomTom to share though.
    Sorry for being an *****, but where can I find the ROM updates to download?
    Quote Originally Posted by porcaccio
    Guys,

I tried installing this patch last night and was not able to perform the update because according to my 650, there is an ERROR LOADING DEVICE UPLOADER LIBRARY. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks again,

Robert
    Me! What the heck...
    Smartphone Evolution:
    i330 (8/03), i500 (5/04), i600 (11/04), PPC6601 (12/04), Treo 650 (1/05), PPC6600 (10/05), PPC6700 (12/05), Treo 650 (6/06), PPC6700 (9/06), Treo 700wx (10/06)
    I have just verizon'd my second 650 bought a hs810 BT headset and noone can hear me. I assume that the sound patch is designed to fix(?) this.

I have tried to review the last 15 pages of this thread and have been overwhelmed by volume of data.

I have never messed with ROMs and since I don't want a 650 doorstop, I wondered if there was a checklist to guide a rookie thru this process.

I downloaded shadowmites rom tool and rom 5 - to date I only use the phone, BT headset, browser, contacts, memos, and task lists.

Any hints or pointers?

Ps. My company has a blackberry enterprise server. Is there a 650 app that can collect my mail from this server???
    Thanks
    any chance anyone would be so kind to email ME the patch?
    drsco@austin.rr.com

Thanking such a person in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by slohanjo
    any chance anyone would be so kind to email ME the patch?
    drsco@austin.rr.com

Thanking such a person in advance!
    Check out www.shadowmite.com and you will find all.
    I'm trying to create a modified custom #3 rom. i'd like to remove Note Pad and Voice Memo. I assume I need to remove two files for each? The obvious .prc and the _enUS.prc files? Is this correct?

Can I place BugMe Notepad in ROM? How about the purchased version of Vioce Dial? Uninstall Manager? LED Off? Using shadow's tool how can I determine how much I can put in ROM? Voice Dial is at least 1MB.
    Can someone pleaseeeee send me the Treo 650 sound quality patch, i beg you... my email is bzo@pacbell.net..

thank you very much
    Quote Originally Posted by manhar
    Can someone pleaseeeee send me the Treo 650 sound quality patch, i beg you... my email is bzo@pacbell.net..

thank you very much
    Why do you need it?

Have you updated to the latest firmware?
    I need to know if the locking up problem and the low volume problem has been figured out.
    does anyone have the sprint dun patch?
    Oh dutch, you're so silly
    Quote Originally Posted by edki
    I need to know if the locking up problem and the low volume problem has been figured out.
    I totally figured it out. It was awesome.
    ya i have the latest one but its not as good