Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1233
  1. bsm
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I'll try to get those files zipped up in a package later tonight. Currently I'm working toward getting the romtool to show you the zipfile size and allow the user to continue adding or removing and re-zipping until they are happy with the size...

Give me a bit...
    Thanks shadowmite! This would be very helpful!
    I updated the Mac ROM tool to 0.2 fixing a bug. I emailed it to Shadowmite to post...it won't be available until he gets it posted. When you download, make sure it's version 0.2 before you use it.
    The new rom tool for Mac is posted.
    Cool
    [QUOTE=shadowmite]If you just install the btmanager.patched file it's in ram, if you install the custom roms, it's in rom...

Hi!

I like and have been using the Shadowmite ROM # 3 but after reading what seems like a hundred Wi Fi posts in the other thread, I have decided to try it before changing handsets since it did not work properly with a custom ROM.

I have a new 650 ready to activate so i thought i would Remove the custom ROM.

I flashed the "Original Sound Quality ROM" first in order to then be able to flash the Sprint firmware which will also remove the sound quality update.

My question is:

All the Shadowmite custom ROMs I have tried are zip files with

PALM and ROM folders

in them and I know how to use them but the "Original Sprint Firmware" is just a .prc file (CDMAFirmwareUpdaterApp_Device.prc)

and it did not even show up on the device when reading from the card the way the PALM and ROM folders showed up. I stopped at that point before messing anything up ...since the only directions I have involve flashing using the renamed PALM folder and the ROM folder on the SD Card.

Yes I used a card reader and then put the card in the 650. My previous attempts at flashing worked fine. I now have the original sound quality update in the 650 awaiting instructions on how to put the sprint firmware back in so that i can try Wi Fi.

Clarification: I am using Shadowmite ROMS, and not making my own. Thanks

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks again for the great work and posts and i appreciate this assistance.

Thanks

Mike
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Just place the original Sprint firmware into the PALM/Launcher folder on your SD card and it will show up when you go to the SD card screen. Just click on it and read the instructions.
    Ok i just returned my phone for a new one. No problems with the sound. I am a very picky person and it sounds good now. No background noise!!! No patch!!!
    Only one problem On my old phone the camera used to in low light brighten the picture up. this damn phone doesnt do that at all. IM SOO PISSED!!! I think im gonna have to go back and exchange it again.
    JesseRPI wrote:
    Read the instructions included with the ROMs. They are VERY specific. If you follow them to the T you will be fine. Just read the words very very carefully, and do exactly what it says.

JesseRPI...

Thanks I 'm sure you meant to assist and your good intentions are appreciated.
    But . .
    ::::rings bell::::: wrong answer.

JesseRPI you should have as you said "read the words very very carefully" and then you would have understood the question.

Your post showed you did not understand the question. Of course the directions for using the custom ROMs are very specific and as you saw in my post, I have been using the custom ROMs successfully. Not a problem. But because it is suspected that Wi Fi drivers discussed in another TC thread have issues with a T650 with a Custom ROM, I was bringing back Original Sprint Firmware to my 650.

I read the words carefully, and followed the directions and had a custom ROM at the time that I posted this question.

This question was about the two part process of returning to the Original Sprint Firmware so that one can test the Wi Fi drivers further. This will help us find out if they work AFTER a custom ROM and then having the handset returned to "Original Sprint Firmware"

This involves

a. flashing with the "Original Sound Quality ROM"
    b. flashing with "Original Sprint Firmware" which is just a .prc file
    (CDMAFirmwareUpdaterApp_Device.prc) that has to be run.

I was making sure that all i had to do was run the .prc file and
    my question was answered by Shadowmite and SloMo

Shadowmite answered it for me as follows:

http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=172#172

Shadowmite: "Produce Her, that's correct. For that firmware to flash back it's just a prc file. You just run it and it'll flash the phone portion to eliminate the sound quality update.

and
    SloMo wrote:

"Just place the original Sprint firmware into the PALM/Launcher folder on your SD card and it will show up when you go to the SD card screen. Just click on it and read the instructions."

Thanks SloMo. Your answer was dead ON. I really appreciate the help and you were 100% right. Thank you!

Thanks Shadowmite and i will report my findings with respect to the Wi Fi testing I am doing now.

Re:
    Shadowmite: Produce Her, that's correct. For that firmware to flash back it's just a prc file. You just run it and it'll flash the phone portion to eliminate the sound quality update.

The big question is will it run the wifi drivers afterwards as we have seen reason to believe it might not. Those drivers are VERY instable on the 650 considering they were written for the T5.

Let us know your findings.

http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=172#172

My question was answered and I appreciate it. Thanks very much.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    I am going to buy the two nice engineers who really does care about us a nice gift. I will sign it with the names of the people who gave me money and also TREOCENTRAL users!!

Maybe Flowers, Nordstrom Gift certificate etc

Whatever. the point is.... there are two people at PalmOne who were excellent in all of this.. They deserve the credit and the money i get will go towards something for them, and i will sign it with the people that donate.

One in particular is really busting their **** to solve this.
    Hello

After they receive(d) their Nordstrom Gift certificates i wonder if a followup call could be made asking for an officially released PALM update to fix sound quality.

If it is Palm released then we can use shadowmite's other releases such as wifi drivers! But currently, with the updated ROMs these wi fi drivers will not work. I know the sled will be available march 1....

I like and tried shadow's wi fi drivers but those will not work with 650's with custom updated ROMS.
    Any questions: see wifi thread ... and problems using wifi with updated ROMS on T650 on tc and shadowmite's forum.

An official fix/ release would be a foundation on which to build.

We need an offically released fix...

so that future updates can update , run or flash over it.

And perhaps these engineers who want to help can also call the carriers including Sprint PCS who's TIER 2 support has no knowledge of a sound quality (among other) issues as of Saturday 9AM. How can they not know there are issues?

Thanks

Mike
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Produce Her
    Hello

After they receive(d) their Nordstrom Gift certificates i wonder if a followup call could be made asking for an officially released PALM update to fix sound quality.

If it is Palm released then we can use shadowmite's other releases such as wifi drivers! But currently, with the updated ROMs these wi fi drivers will not work. I know the sled will be available march 1....

I like and tried shadow's wi fi drivers but those will not work with 650's with custom updated ROMS.
    Any questions: see wifi thread ... and problems using wifi with updated ROMS on T650 on tc and shadowmite's forum.

An official fix/ release would be a foundation on which to build.

We need an offically released fix...

so that future updates can update , run or flash over it.

And perhaps these engineers who want to help can also call the carriers including Sprint PCS who's TIER 2 support has no knowledge of a sound quality (among other) issues as of Saturday 9AM. How can they not know there are issues?

Thanks

Mike
    Mike,

Last time i talked to the nice engineer she told me she caught a rash of %#^#& for my release.

She also told me she can no longer work with me. SInce then i have avoided sending her an email asking for an update.

I will send her an email today and she what she says. I dont think she will tell me much. SHe does not control the release of patches or fixes. That is another department. I am sure they would want to package it with other fixes as opposed to releasing a bunch of fixes at different times. that is my guyess.

I will keep you informed.

P>S> the 10 bucks i got in paypal would probobly bought her a shopping bag from nordstrom.. i didnt want to insult her
    well...I gave $5 of that...so out of all the people who benefited from Faisal's sound quality patch, besides me, only gave a sum total of $5?

To All: Never complain on this board again unless you are willing to put your money where your mouth is...you guys are seriously cheap, ungrateful bastards.
    I put out 5 bucks too...so I guess it was you and me.
    pathetic
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    well...I gave $5 of that...so out of all the people who benefited from Faisal's sound quality patch, besides me, only gave a sum total of $5?

To All: Never complain on this board again unless you are willing to put your money where your mouth is...you guys are seriously cheap, ungrateful bastards.
    Actually I believe the reason few people donated was the fact that giving money to someone who did nothing other than release someone elses work seems to be a little "wrong". Granted without him releasing it it would have taken me a few months to come up with a method for custom roms, and the sound patch might not ever have made it out.

If Treo Central hosted a fund to give toward the palm employee responsible for this patch, I'm sure a LOT more people would donate. But then again, they would lose their job for sure since it would then be about "money".

Instead I'd just thank Faisal for releasing this, which is all I really have ever asked for myself. Donations are just that, a donation, and in no way should they be considered mandatory. I think he shouldn't have mentioned a dollar value, donations should be completely anonymous otherwise we now have exactly what we have here.

Enjoy it and stop complaining...
    Well said Shadowmite.
    I gave Faisal $10 ... so he must have gotten at least $20.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Question came up in another thread: If you want to switch ROMs (in my case: go from #5 to #3 to get Versamail), do you have to go back to the original settings? Or can you do a straight flash over the existing custom ROM?

If original factory ROM is required, is the "Original Sound Quality update-Sprint firmware flash" procedure required? Or will a simple hard reset do it? (I have no problem reloading apps from scratch)

Shadow/Faisal: Thanks for all the hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by bhodgins
    I gave Faisal $10 ... so he must have gotten at least $20.
    Maybe he posted yours as a processing fee
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkat
    Question came up in another thread: If you want to switch ROMs (in my case: go from #5 to #3 to get Versamail), do you have to go back to the original settings? Or can you do a straight flash over the existing custom ROM?

If original factory ROM is required, is the "Original Sound Quality update-Sprint firmware flash" procedure required? Or will a simple hard reset do it? (I have no problem reloading apps from scratch)

Shadow/Faisal: Thanks for all the hard work!

no need to go back to original.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    noticed something odd. Cool but odd.

I have a custom rom on my 650 that I created using Shadowmites tool. Here's whats on it (from version file I keep in my rom folders)

this rom is the notepad/voicerecorder rom by shadowmite.

removed
    notepad

added
    zlauncher prc
    bugme.prc
    bugme.pdb
    DA.prc
    handzipperlite
    pxa clocker
    kblightsoff.prc

removed
    notepad

Now today I added Chatter email 1.0b18.4 after seeing soemone in another thread had successfully placed it in rom.

I did a hotsync just before and the quickinstall thingy said "Handheld 6.4mb free as of last hotsync". I also made a backup to sd using Backupman so I wouldnt have to reloaded everything and reregister etc.

Flashed the new ram which looks like this:
    this rom is the notepad/voicerecorder rom by shadowmite.

removed
    notepad

added
    zlauncher prc
    bugme.prc
    bugme.pdb
    DA.prc
    handzipperlite
    pxa clocker
    kblightsoff.prc
    chatter 18.4 all 3 files

removed
    notepad

Got it reset and restored from backup. Had to shutdown chatter and reset so I could delete the chatter files that were in ram (the three main ones) and then I exited filez and went to zlauncher.

My treo now says I have 12.6 meg free on the phone. Odd because the three chatter files I deleted were only like 345k, 67k and maybe 63k.

Looked everything over real well and I am not missing anything.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson