Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1233
  1. jaweston's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #1121  
    [/QUOTE]For BT transfers from the Mac to the T650 one can use the built in BT file exchange as indicated above.
    What is cool is that you can easily and conveniently use the BT icon in the menu bar and just send file to device, or simply pull down the

    Finder menu- services- send file to BT device.[/QUOTE]

    When I send a file via Bluetooth from my OS X 10.3.7 Mac to my Treo 650, it hangs the Treo while "Disconnecting..." and the file is not on the Treo after a soft reset.

    Sending files from the Treo 650 to the Mac works fine. Are there any Bluetooth settings on the Treo 650 to direct where received files are sent?
  2. #1122  
    hey, while people are talking about BT on here, I've been trying to get bluetooth serial working, and I haven't had much luck.

    I bind the comm port, and when I open a terminal program I get "Connection in progress..." on the treo (this happens while minicom says "Initializing Modem"). During this time rfcomm reports: "channel 1 connected [tty-attached]"

    After a few moments, the "Initializing Modem" goes away, and it still says "Connection in progress..." if I try typing anything (such as ATZ) I get no echo, and no reply.

    A few moments later "Connection in progress..." will dissapear, and rfcomm reports: "channel 1 closed [tty-attached]"

    My PC is setup as a "Trusted Device" and I've had no problems with BT 'Reverse DUN' Anyone have any ideas?
  3. #1123  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    That's interesting. Maybe it is the speed of your card? I am running a 60x card and this thing is fast. I moved the rom images with no problems.

    I'm not trying to push the tool as much as I was just letting people know there is a nice tool out there to administer files.

    Jeff
    I'm using a 512mb Sandisk Ultra II.
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
  4. #1124  
    I have been having troubles mounting the SD card on the desktop with missing sync (it says it's on there but I don't see it) I had no trouble connecting to my mac via bluetooth before missing sync though.
  5. #1125  
    How are you doing it? You should just have to plug the Treo into the USB cable and run the Missing Sync app on the Treo.
  6. #1126  
    I thought the whole idea behind this was to not have to use the USB cable, but via bluetooth.
  7. #1127  
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseRPI
    I thought the whole idea behind this was to not have to use the USB cable, but via bluetooth.
    I will check my Missing Sync documentation when I get home, but I am pretty sure that SD card mounting with Missing Sync requires a phsyical USB connection. There are wireless Bluetooth browsers available (I think jeffgibson referred to one in previous posts), but browsing another device via Bluetooth and mounting a device as a removable volume are two different beasts.
  8. sasq's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #1128  
    I was on vacation with my Palm when I first noticed the sound issue. I had no Bluetooth available, and actually didn't even have a hotsync cable. I was able to sync via IR and my Laptop however.
    I found success in upgrading the ROM this way, though.
    I used pocketLink to download the zip file directly from Shadowmite's website. (File too big for Blazer). Then I used lightNzip to unzip the file on the memory card itself. I moved the directories to the appropriate spots with fileZ, then began the usual process. Hope that helps.
  9. #1129  
    Ok, update, first off I want to mention that the shadowmite.com site now has a forum up and although it's only 2 days old and barely beginning, I'll mainly use it for my ramblings now so be sure to check it often! (I'll still be here too...)

    The custom rom tool IS now ready for testing! I'd like the guys who already are good at making their own roms to try it out and verify the product it makes. I included a small readme to help explain the intended method of use.

    Enjoy, and remember this is now a beta, but's it's still a "BETA"! That means it could still do weird things, although it's mainly functional... It's at my site of course on the rom page...
  10. #1130  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Well, I just found a HUGE section of code for PTT. It appears Push To Talk is almost entirely built into the phone app, if not working and just disabled because Sprint can't support it yet...
    Can you elaborate on this a little more? Is it possible there could be PTT on Sprint's treo 650?
  11. #1131  
    Quote Originally Posted by davetheone
    Can you elaborate on this a little more? Is it possible there could be PTT on Sprint's treo 650?
    ...imagining original intended usage for the extra side button...
  12. #1132  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Ok, update, first off I want to mention that the shadowmite.com site now has a forum up and although it's only 2 days old and barely beginning, I'll mainly use it for my ramblings now so be sure to check it often! (I'll still be here too...)

    The custom rom tool IS now ready for testing! I'd like the guys who already are good at making their own roms to try it out and verify the product it makes. I included a small readme to help explain the intended method of use.

    Enjoy, and remember this is now a beta, but's it's still a "BETA"! That means it could still do weird things, although it's mainly functional... It's at my site of course on the rom page...
    Works Great...boy was I nervous!

    custom rom with chatter, db 5, and ultrasoft money.

    what's the size limit of the zipped rom?

    thanks again

    edit..
    added keycaps600, hilauncher, treoselecttext, and colorizer.
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 01/06/2005 at 07:11 PM.
  13. #1133  
    Awesome dutch, glad to hear it worked! I think it's good, but just be careful! I don't blame you for being nervous... The main thing is don't delete anything out of rom that is needed to boot! The automated zip process will eliminate the directory added problem that had killed all phones to date...
  14. #1134  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Awesome dutch, glad to hear it worked! I think it's good, but just be careful! I don't blame you for being nervous... The main thing is don't delete anything out of rom that is needed to boot! The automated zip process will eliminate the directory added problem that had killed all phones to date...
    Have you had success removing any more mm files?
  15. #1135  
    I have had gone through and gotten rid of a bunch of unneeded "mm" files. I opened them up 1 at a time in Notepad and anything with Versamail I deleted. I believe the only "mm" files left were: mmcbulverde; mmphotos; mmsdcard; mmwave.
    I'm not sure if the photos or wave were really needed, but I couldn't confirm them as Versamail and played it safe. I haven't had any issues.
  16. #1136  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Works Great...boy was I nervous!

    custom rom with chatter, db 5, and ultrasoft money.

    what's the size limit of the zipped rom?

    thanks again

    edit..
    added keycaps600, hilauncher, treoselecttext, and colorizer.
    I believe the max ROM size is 7.13mb for the folder.
  17. #1137  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    ...imagining original intended usage for the extra side button...
    guess shadowmite doesn't want to elaborate.
    Last edited by davetheone; 01/15/2005 at 04:56 PM.
  18. #1138  
    Quote Originally Posted by davetheone
    Can you elaborate on this a little more? Is it possible there could be PTT on Sprint's treo 650?
    No, how could it be the color of your skin when I can't see it!?!?!

    It's possible, I don't want to say much until I know for certain. All I know is the phone app has a massive amount of code for PTT functionality. Remember verizon's service is called PTT (Push to talk), sprint is readylink... I don't know if this means anything yet... None of the menu's really indicated how it is supposed to work.
  19. #1139  
    Also, the rom tool has been updated, it's now 0.6 and fixes the problem trying to add zlauncher or any other program starting with a Z...
  20. #1140  
    Shadow,
    Any hope for forced roaming with the 650?
    DJ

Posting Permissions