Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6465152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1233
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt
    Can it add programs too?

jc
    Nevermind, I just played with it and it does allow you to add programs. It actually worked quite well.

Shadowmite, I made my own custom ROM. You made it sound like I can't use it yet. So, should I wait?

jc
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Well, there is a new alpha of the tool at my site. It's still a little instable, and I wouldn't recommend flashing anything it makes yet. But in theory it will subtract file from the rom image properly now. If someone wants to play with it and give feedback please do...

www.shadowmite.com/T650Tool.zip
    It won't let you remove from the right hand column by double clicking on the item.

jc
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFan
    I did try Palm File Browser - and yes - it's great that it's free - but I found the interface to be "clunky" and more importantly when I tried to move the ROM folder to the card (to do a ROM upgrade) it blew up every time.
    That's interesting. Maybe it is the speed of your card? I am running a 60x card and this thing is fast. I moved the rom images with no problems.

I'm not trying to push the tool as much as I was just letting people know there is a nice tool out there to administer files.

Jeff
    Actually that's the one thing that should work, additions right now don't work properly (they don't update the boot.conf), but the subtractions should work. What happened and what did you try? Can you repeat it? If so tell me how... I'll try to get this finished today...
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Everyone should really take a look at Palm File Browser. It is free and it works over BlueTooth!!! Got it working just tonight over BT. It is the best program for moving files to and from the Palm that I have seen. I never use HotSync any more except for backups and calendar sync.
    I couldn't find it using google. Can you provide a link? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dzenc
    Do a search for it at PalmGear.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Well, there is a new alpha of the tool at my site. It's still a little instable, and I wouldn't recommend flashing anything it makes yet. But in theory it will subtract file from the rom image properly now. If someone wants to play with it and give feedback please do...

www.shadowmite.com/T650Tool.zip
    Hmm... I'm missing an activeX control or something:

"Component, 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseRPI
    Do a search for it at PalmGear.com.
    tried that. no luck. is it actually called "palm file browser" ?

Search Results for 'palm file browser'

Entries: 1-25 of 26 1 | 2 | Next >>

# Score Software Title
    1 100% PalmSGF - Go SGF file Viewer/Editor/Recorder 1.10

2 52% Resco Explorer for Palm OS 2.30

3 35% Palm VersaMail for Windows PC 2.5

I think so, but it is not at PalmGear. It's at mytreo.net. Here's a link:

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=220
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    I think so, but it is not at PalmGear. It's at mytreo.net. Here's a link:

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=220
    thanks!

Search Results for 'palm file browser'

Entries: 1-25 of 26 1 | 2 | Next >>

# Score Software Title
    1 100% PalmSGF - Go SGF file Viewer/Editor/Recorder 1.10

2 52% Resco Explorer for Palm OS 2.30

3 35% Palm VersaMail for Windows PC 2.5

My bad... http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...id=220&ftype=0
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    Hmm... I'm missing an activeX control or something:

"Component, 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

Shadow -

I'm getting the same problem. Any idea what might be causing this error? Keep up the great work!!
    Quote Originally Posted by brickjr
    Shadow -

I'm getting the same problem. Any idea what might be causing this error? Keep up the great work!!
    I just googled for the ocx file, downloaded it into the directory as shadowmite's app and it worked fine.
    oops, sorry about that. It's the microsoft common dialog library file. Looks like I missed including it, although I don't think it was needed. I might just remove it from a future release...
    Well, I've found a snippet of time to start working on an OS X solution to automating custom ROM creation. I've got an AppleScript app started, and so far it handles the file pushing, prompting for what files to add and remove from the ROM. Getting it to zip the files and get the MD5 value via the shell will be cake. But for modifying the boot.conf file, I'll probably have it open in TextEdit and prompt the user to fix it up themselves, with hints based on the file names...for starters and to make it usable quicker. I'll work on getting the script to fix up the boot.conf file automatically later. Gotta get some sleep now, but I should be able to post something tomorrow or Friday night.
    Originally Posted by jeffgibson

Everyone should really take a look at Palm File Browser. It is free and it works over BlueTooth!!! Got it working just tonight over BT. It is the best program for moving files to and from the Palm that I have seen. I never use HotSync any more except for backups and calendar sync.

Re: I never use HotSync any more except for backups and calendar sync.
    <><>

I share your enthusiasmm Jeff.

I agree that it's a great file.

Please note that not everyone needs this utility. As an example, those who work within the OSX (Mac OSX 10.3.x) have these capabilities built in and it works great for hotsyncing as well as for BT transfers of files to the T650. The BT enabled Mac will also be discoverable and can be set to receive with or without authentication, approval and or encryption.

For BT transfers from the T650 to the Mac, one can use FileZ. I posted info about FileZ (for new users of FileZ)in the following thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=68217

For BT transfers from the Mac to the T650 one can use the built in BT file exchange as indicated above.
    What is cool is that you can easily and conveniently use the BT icon in the menu bar and just send file to device, or simply pull down the

Finder menu- services- send file to BT device.

I hope this helps new users.

Thanks for the great posts and info Jeff -and others.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by cpryce
    Well, I've found a snippet of time to start working on an OS X solution to automating custom ROM creation. I've got an AppleScript app started, and so far it handles the file pushing, prompting for what files to add and remove from the ROM. Getting it to zip the files and get the MD5 value via the shell will be cake. But for modifying the boot.conf file, I'll probably have it open in TextEdit and prompt the user to fix it up themselves, with hints based on the file names...for starters and to make it usable quicker. I'll work on getting the script to fix up the boot.conf file automatically later. Gotta get some sleep now, but I should be able to post something tomorrow or Friday night.
    The boot.conf file it delimited by line feeds, or ascii 0x0A. I don't know if that'll help on the mac side, but it's how I'm automating the PC side...
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson

Jeff,

what did you hae to do in order to get it to work over BT?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Jeff,

what did you hae to do in order to get it to work over BT?
    On the palm client choose bluetooth as the communication method.

On the PC choose the com port you have configured for BT hotsync. Make sure you have hotsync manager shut down first because they can not share the same port. (btw: your com port number must be lower than 9 as com8 is the larget com port that the PC component can support.)

Then you are good to go.
    I have been unable to BT sync on the mac without Missing Sync. It tried all the freeware stuff and non of them really work. I aggree that BT file exchange works well, but so does MS since its already open. You can also mount the SD card with MS and directly write to the MS card which is great too.