Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5455051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1233
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Folks, all your custom rom requests will hopefully be answered after today or tomorrow, the custom rom tool is almost complete now. A have a few things left to tweak but it's about ready to be considered a functional beta... With the tool you will be able to modify any base rom, adding or deleting files as you see fit and it should keep you a little safer on not goofing when making the files yourself...
    This is so very cool. Been running minimal for awhile now and would sure like to use that extra space. It would also be a good idea i think to compile a list of programs that will work in ROM. Maybe you could put that on your site Shadow, which looks very nice by the way.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Well, I've quantified my battery drain -- it's about 5% per hour!! Removing Java and Voice Memo *didn't* solve the problem.

I just did a hard reset and haven't restored anything or changed any settings other than enabling the phone. I will run it for an hour like this and measure the battery drain.
    The one verizonized 650 that died was due to the user trying a custom rom when loading it (he modified the zip file, and included a subdirectory when he zipped it back up). As such, Verizon phones should be fine using the custom roms. But as always you assume all risk if you decide to try it. I would PM SloMo if you have questions.
    I was able to update the ROM without changing the MSL and OTKSL back to Sprint. Just downloaded an image from shadowmite's site and followed the instructions. No weird post-flash battery drain either.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog76
    I was able to update the ROM without changing the MSL and OTKSL back to Sprint. Just downloaded an image from shadowmite's site and followed the instructions. No weird post-flash battery drain either.
    Awesome, thanks for the input, as I suspected the only problem these custom roms have had is the folder being created inside the zip file. I'll take down the Verizon warning I have up at my site, and once this rom tool is done everything should be easier I think.

Currently the only part left is rebuilding the updated boot.conf properly in alphabetical order...
    Shadowmite -

I must say that you are THE MAN for staying on this project. The thought of being able to customize my ROM easily will be awesome! Thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by brutel1

FYI - The following have been working for me from the ROM: Datebk5; Chatter (soft reset when shutting Chatter down, sometimes); PdaNet; CardExport2; BackupMan; TreoHelper; Lexspell (2 of the 3 files, the larger is still in RAM); Butler; Resco Explorer.
    I tried PowerUp, but kept getting resets if I turned the phone on. I had TreoGuard also, but needed the room for other things.
    Wow - I haven't ventured into ROM update land yet but mainly because I've been too cheap to buy a card reader. Actually, I've tried using "filepc2pda" suggested by someone earlier but it made my 650 reset everytime I tried to copy the ROM folder over to my card.

Is a card reader ABSOLUTELY necessary or can an app like Blue Squirrel work? (I'm a software guy)

Anyway, I can't believe you have Datebk5 in your ROM - that's the single largest RAM app I have. Put this together with Shadowmite's almost released ROM "customizer" and you've got Christmas in January!!!
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFan
    Is a card reader ABSOLUTELY necessary or can an app like Blue Squirrel work? (I'm a software guy)
    I don't have a card reader. I transferred the ROM package onto my card by mounting the card in Missing Sync.
    I don't believe you need a card reader since Missing Sync can mount your SD card on your desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZGT
    I don't believe you need a card reader since Missing Sync can mount your SD card on your desktop.
    Card Export from Softick allows you to connect directly to the SD card while it's in the Treo and the Treo is in the cradle. The card shows up as another drive letter. Pretty cool.

http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/
    Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    Card Export from Softick allows you to connect directly to the SD card while it's in the Treo and the Treo is in the cradle. The card shows up as another drive letter. Pretty cool.

http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/
    I'm going to try this one out... price looks good at 14.95

Curious do all of you card export/missing sync/etc. users *also* have a card reader?

And thanks for your input.
    I don't. I just use Missing Sync to access my card the same way I would with a card reader.
    Wow - I haven't ventured into ROM update land yet but mainly because I've been too cheap to buy a card reader.
    Check your Sunday newspaper, I got my card reader free after rebate. I think it was from CompUSA. It is not one of the fancy multi format readers, it only does SD, but that is all I need.
    I have been a long time user of Card Export and have loved its ease of use. It allows me to store some important information on my card and have easy access it via Card Export whenever I need it. There a few items I would never put on my work computer but now have access everyday to (like KeyPass, too bad they only have PPC support).

Plus with all of these patches (ie., DUN), card export is ideal.

I have been using Blue Files over the past few days (with my Linksys Bluetooth USBBT100 device) and it has been working flawlessly. They seem to create reliable software and have been very compatible with the Treo (as far as I could tell). I love that I can move files off and on the card via Bluetooth and do not need to carry any card readers or wires.

Both products I love and would highly recommend them.
    Well, there is a new alpha of the tool at my site. It's still a little instable, and I wouldn't recommend flashing anything it makes yet. But in theory it will subtract file from the rom image properly now. If someone wants to play with it and give feedback please do...

www.shadowmite.com/T650Tool.zip
    Well, there is a new alpha of the tool at my site. It's still a little instable, and I wouldn't recommend flashing anything it makes yet. But in theory it will subtract file from the rom image properly now. If someone wants to play with it and give feedback please do...

oooooo.....I'd love to byt if I jacked something up my lovely wife be kill me

Sure do appreciate all of your hard work!!!

Can it add programs too?

jc

Been using Card Export tonight and I think it's great! Thanks for everyone's input and help. I'll definitely buy it. I'd much rather carry around my hotsync/charger cable (I already do) and now I NEVER have to carry around or have with me in any fashion a card reader.

Now then, thanks to Shadowmite and all his work - not to mention getting this thread back on the "hacking" subject before the mods move it (hee, hee)
    Been using Card Export tonight and I think it's great! Thanks for everyone's input and help. I'll definitely buy it. I'd much rather carry around my hotsync/charger cable (I already do) and now I NEVER have to carry around or have with me in any fashion a card reader.

Now then, thanks to Shadowmite and all his work - not to mention getting this thread back on the "hacking" subject before the mods move it (hee, hee)
    Everyone should really take a look at Palm File Browser. It is free and it works over BlueTooth!!! Got it working just tonight over BT. It is the best program for moving files to and from the Palm that I have seen. I never use HotSync any more except for backups and calendar sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Everyone should really take a look at Palm File Browser. It is free and it works over BlueTooth!!! Got it working just tonight over BT. It is the best program for moving files to and from the Palm that I have seen. I never use HotSync any more except for backups and calendar sync.
    I did try Palm File Browser - and yes - it's great that it's free - but I found the interface to be "clunky" and more importantly when I tried to move the ROM folder to the card (to do a ROM upgrade) it blew up every time.
    Awesome, thanks for the input, as I suspected the only problem these custom roms have had is the folder being created inside the zip file. I'll take down the Verizon warning I have up at my site, and once this rom tool is done everything should be easier I think.

Currently the only part left is rebuilding the updated boot.conf properly in alphabetical order...

I too recently updated without reswitching the msl codes to sprint without any problems (shadowmite #3)...thanks