Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4444950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1233
    I am sure thus been covered, however, if you are just flashing the original sound quality ROM, or do you need to remove the palm folder, and if so, which one?

Change the name from PalmOne to bak, or just my user name folder?

Thanks!
    Todd
    Todd
    Okay. Before I nuke my new Treo... I've "verizoned" my phone. Is there anything else I need to do before the update other than change the MSL back to Sprint?
    this is my problem, curious if anyone out there with vx 650 using one of the custom shadowmite rom
    The one verizonized 650 that died was due to the user trying a custom rom when loading it (he modified the zip file, and included a subdirectory when he zipped it back up). As such, Verizon phones should be fine using the custom roms. But as always you assume all risk if you decide to try it. I would PM SloMo if you have questions.
  5. pjs
    Did you hear directly from Sprint that palmOne would issue a patch on Jan 5? Can anyone else confirm?

Thinking about exchanging my 650, but I'd rather try the fix first if it's just around the corner.
    I have a question....and I just can't figure out the answer, searching does me no good.

I have updated my ROM to the minimal option offered on shadowmites website. All is fine and dandy, no complaints OTHER THAN I keep getting VersaMail alerts (ie, blue flashy star in corner) telling me that I have 2 new emails from my gmail account.

How do I remove 1. the notifications and 2. any left over traces of Versamail.

Thanks in advance.
    N.
    Just as a update, I've got the Custom Rom tool almost finished now. All thats left is the hard part! Making it change the boot.conf file and zip up the new rom and changing the MD5 hash... The new update is at my site, although it's still just for show. Don't try to use anything you create with it... It'll now parse the boot.conf file and deletes it's temporary files when done...
    Ok, I'm definately back to battery troubles. Can someone with a good battery & someone with a suspect battery confirm existance & dates on the following files using filez or similar?

PACE
    PACE Data Store Reserve
    PACERsrcDB0 - DB9
    psysLaunchDB

FYI - I duplicated the issueby syncing to my home PC (first time - in the past it was only to my work PC), and most of these files were created when I hotsynced to my home PC, and the DB0 file is updated instantaneously...

I have not run Vision or anything else since the hotsync, so I'm thinking it's something that's getting synced and using up the battery...
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    Ok, I'm definately back to battery troubles. Can someone with a good battery & someone with a suspect battery confirm existance & dates on the following files using filez or similar?

PACE
    PACE Data Store Reserve
    PACERsrcDB0 - DB9
    psysLaunchDB

FYI - I duplicated the issueby syncing to my home PC (first time - in the past it was only to my work PC), and most of these files were created when I hotsynced to my home PC, and the DB0 file is updated instantaneously...

I have not run Vision or anything else since the hotsync, so I'm thinking it's something that's getting synced and using up the battery...
    I have the same files as you mentioned above and I do not have any battery issues.
    PACE = Palm Application Compatibility Environment...it is needed to run 68k applications. The other 2 PACE files may be settings or caches, and I have no idea if it's safe to delete them.

psyslaunchDB is part of the built-in app launcher, no?

My 650 has all these files and no battery drain issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Based on all the reports of battery drain, there has to be something causing it. Those effected appear to have installed a custom rom with voice memo and note pad. These applications/roms work fine for most, but a few who have hotsynced after the install of the rom get a battery drain. Some file in your backup directories is the cause. You can either all get together and compare files being restored, and play with deleting them one by one, or just delete it all. Re-install everything manually, and get rid of the problem for good. It's up to you...

I don't have the problem because I always install things manually.
    Hello:

Thanks very much Shadowmite for the excellent "directions" and as always thanks to those who have been posting and helping others. I'm quietly learning a lot and appreciate it.

My ROM update worked out last night.

I have read this (and related) threads completely before contributing. I'm not sure if this will help but I noticed that BEFORE updating to Shadowmite's ROM #2 the only files that whacked out my hotsync situation were the two (T5) Notepad files generously posted here.

When I gave up on notepad and got rid of the two notepad files everything was OK and have been since with respect to hotsync with USB cable and wireless via BT.

(I also had a problem with voicedialer but that's another thread i guess- I will search some more past the "This is great" posts with respect to voicedialer.)

I do use the voice recorder (voicepad) (not great with 650's amazing mic/sound situation) on my T650.

I would have liked both the notepad and the voicepad in ROM but decided NOT to choose that desired ROM update because of my issues wit notepad when manually transferring to T650.

I'm mentioning this not to complain but because Notepad might be kinky in some way on the T650 and I 'm reading about battery issues coincidentally with people who have uploaded those ROMs. If this is not the case, and it turns out to be a directory issue , I will still want to update my ROM to include Note pad and voice pad. I'm currently using Shadowmite #2.

Lastly, My ROM update worked and I really appreciate the work. The sound is still not good on the other end of the conversation I am told.

Because i want to give feedback here, I will add that the clients or any persons on the other end of my TREO 650 phone call think this device is great but the phone itself is not working right and sounds like "an old fashioned cell phone" and not the clear like even the T300 (or even any cheapo handset on SPCS) sounded.

This is my second T650 and the first one sounded like I was in a tunnel and had "artifacts" as well as strange dithering and what was described as words being cut off. I was also told (and still am told) that it sounds like an old fashioned speaker phone. Later today, i am giving my T650 to a friend so he can call me from it and other handsets in different locations etc. I want to hear this for myself in context.

Anyway, I still like the updated ROM and I appreciate it. Yesterday first and second tier SPCS TS actually humored me and indicated that they do know of "others" who have called about the "sound issue".

It surprises me that amazing people who are posting here (and I've been quietly reading your posts for more hours than i want to admit before even joining) and I mean those who in particular have sound issues before and or after the ROM update- have not called the Executive offices at SPCS as well as

"Employees Helping Customers" at Sprint PCS every day.

I do realize that not everyone has the sound issue.

I will admit that I called dozens of extensions ( ok more!) until I found persons who were willing to forward my complaint to those who can help. I've been on the phone with SPCS every day (except holidays since December 3, 2004.

I love my T650 but it sounds like crap to others. It's not great to speak with clients on this handset right now.

If anyone can report that using a ROM with voicepad and notepad is working just fine, please let me know. I'm sure it's fine but thought i should quit while I was ahead.

Thanks very much,

Mike

P.S. Thank you Shadowmite- I love the DUN with my 17" PB.
    When I call land lines with my treo (no patches installed yet)
    Leave messages, carry on conversations etc.... I get no complaints; sound quality is average to above average.

When I call other mobile phones (various carriers) this is when i get lots of complaints. T-mobile and Verizon especially and this is when using the speakerphone. I also notice when they have low signal on the other end I can hear them just fine but on their end they can't hear me at all. The speakerphone seems to be the issue as well as the competing networks signal strength on the other end.
    Wondering if I'm a good candidate for the sound qual patch?
    I just loaded the basic P1 sound patch with Dun added and now I can not turn off Dialup Networking. Did I do something wrong when I installed the update or perhaps on my system restore after the update? I did have the DUN patch installed on the system backup that I restored after the ROM update.

I tried deleting the non-ROM BtManager but the one on ROM would not execute.

Help????
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I just loaded the basic P1 sound patch with Dun added and now I can not turn off Dialup Networking. Did I do something wrong when I installed the update or perhaps on my system restore after the update? I did have the DUN patch installed on the system backup that I restored after the ROM update.

I tried deleting the non-ROM BtManager but the one on ROM would not execute.

Help????
    Hmm, hard reset (just restores the rom you loaded) and then don't restore everything? Do it file by file and don't put back on that DUN patched manager.

But that's a odd problem, I've never heard of that... Did you have it turned on when you restored the ram version?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Hmm, hard reset (just restores the rom you loaded) and then don't restore everything? Do it file by file and don't put back on that DUN patched manager.

But that's a odd problem, I've never heard of that... Did you have it turned on when you restored the ram version?
    Very wierd thing happened. When I executed the launcher version of the BTmanager, the DUN dropdown showed on/off. When I tried selecting OFF it reverted to ON immediately. Then exited the program and entered BTmanager through the BT symbol icon in the phone application. This version allowed me to change the DUN setting. Then I went into the launcher version and I was able to now change the settings.??????

When I use FileZ to look at the PalmCard, I see 2 BTmanager's. One that is 71K and the other (ROM) has a size of 61K. I used the patch file 'T650 with DUN.zip' from your sight.

Suggestions?? (I'd rather no hard reset if I don't have to)
    Hmm, well the one in ram is not needed (I've noticed all files seem to take more space in ram than rom, and I don't know why!) The on/off is a little buggy, glad you were able to change it. Try now deleting the one out of ram...

BTW, glad to see you've made progress on that profile app! Congratz.
    Hi All,

Shadow,
    Thanks for letting me know about the bootloader. It came up, but then nothing, just a colored screen. I fixed my new ROM and Sprint replaced the phone this morning. I flashed before leaving the lot and restored from BackupMan. All seems well. I see a few differences with this "refurb/used" that was given to me. The SD card sits a little higher and when I turn the screen off I get a blank white flash then it goes off. It doesn't seem to have any negative effects. Anyone else see this? Any idea what it's from?
    Thanks.
    FYI - The following have been working for me from the ROM: Datebk5; Chatter (soft reset when shutting Chatter down, sometimes); PdaNet; CardExport2; BackupMan; TreoHelper; Lexspell (2 of the 3 files, the larger is still in RAM); Butler; Resco Explorer.
    I tried PowerUp, but kept getting resets if I turned the phone on. I had TreoGuard also, but needed the room for other things.
    Hmm... I seem to be having battery issues as well. I'm running the basic faisal rom with no customizations, but I recently installed Voice Memo (in RAM).

The other thing which I added recently was the MIDP Java VM for the Treo 600. Are other people with battery issues running that as well?

I just removed it and Voice Memo and did a soft reset. We'll see if that helps...
    Shadow:

I am having some battery problems as well with the voicmemo/notepad ROM

Could we perhaps try a ROM version WITH Notepad and withought VoiceMemo and then one with VoiceMEMO but without Notepad.

For me, I like having notepad in the ROM but voicememo isnt critical for me.
    Folks, all your custom rom requests will hopefully be answered after today or tomorrow, the custom rom tool is almost complete now. A have a few things left to tweak but it's about ready to be considered a functional beta... With the tool you will be able to modify any base rom, adding or deleting files as you see fit and it should keep you a little safer on not goofing when making the files yourself...