Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3434849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1233
    Quote Originally Posted by sh9854
    im having a huge battery drain issue also. flashed with shadow's mod that includes the voice recorder and memo software some time ago, and have since noticed decreased battery times as well. i thought it had to do with my leaving the bluetooth on all the time, but when i turned that off and still had the issue, i came searching the forum....i havent flashed back yet with a different ROM that doesnt include those 2 apps, but i dont think it's mere coincidence that we're all having the same issue. what is in those apps that draws battery power? that's crazy...
    Several people, but definitely not "everyone", have been having this issue. I have ROM #3 installed, which includes the two apps in question, and have had no unusual power drain. I would be interesting for people who are having this issue to list what other things they have installed to see if there are any common threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    I have read that Shadow would like a job with P1.
    Seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    They all work fine... Try refreshing your browser maybe?
    You are correct! Sorry about that. But I tried twice to download and nothing worked. But I just tried now and everything is fine. Phew! I was getting nervous there. My ViennaChannels Treo 650 arrives on Thurday and I want to get those custom roms in there before I Verizonize it.

Here's to hoping that the rumor of a January 5th patch from PalmOne rings true!

Again, Shadowmite, thanks for all of your hard work. Truly impressive!
    Shadow:

I installed the DUN patch. After a hard reset I had to reset up my bluetooth connection for hotsynch. After making the device discoverable and making the computer discoverable. I set up the com port (5) , previously the bluetooth com port was (3). when I attempt to hotsynch via bluetooth I get an error message that says "unable to initiate hotsynch operation because the port is in use by another application"..

any suggestions?

chiselmonkey
    Hi folks,

Same issue here for me. I like the #3 ROM, but I found that I cannot install the carkit update with it (says the updater won't work with this device). I'd like to go back to the original, but after claiming to be successful, the update seems to still leave me with the custom ROM.

Any trick to getting it back to the original ROM?

thanks!
    rjb

Quote Originally Posted by pl804
    Hey guys - I've been trying to reflash the original after playing with Shadowmite #3. Do I need to install the original ROM directly from RAM, or from an SD card? I tried it both ways earlier but with no luck - it stayed stuck on Shadowmite #3.

Help
    ?
    To properly go back to the original you must first install the Original Voice Quality Patched ROM, then the Original Sprint Firmware... It's a two part process. But even then people have reported the bluetooth update doesn't work properly (I have not explorer why yet). I have extracted the update however and have it at my site for those with a custom rom... Thanks...
    Thank you! Appreciate the help!
    shadowmite:

any thoughts on my post #1044 re: serial port in use by another application?

chiselmonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    To properly go back to the original you must first install the Original Voice Quality Patched ROM, then the Original Sprint Firmware... It's a two part process. But even then people have reported the bluetooth update doesn't work properly (I have not explorer why yet). I have extracted the update however and have it at my site for those with a custom rom... Thanks...
    Would you by any chance also have the RealPlayer files available somewhere? Apparently, Real.COM has not made the T650 compatible version available for download?

(Basically, I really like your #3 custom ROM and I'd like to have RealPlayer added back on as well :-) )

thanks!
    rjb
    Ok, I'm rerunning #5 with no issues for ~36hrs now.

Another thing I thought of, and am in the middle of investigating (but honestly not sure what I'm looking for) is that the battery issues may have surfaced once I hotsynced. I have not hotsynched since the reflash back to #5, so it's possible there's something getting put back on causing the issue...

Edit: Ok, renamed my backup folder, and hotsynced, and compared: there is ONE extra file in the old backup, called MIDI_Ring_Tones.PDB which ironically is also the file that Backupman fails to back up. Not sure what's up now, cuz there's still that file on my phone (using filez), but it's not backing up during hotsync like before (edit2 - duh, just not selected to be backed up in properties)... I'll see how the battery does now, and see if I can further isolate the issue.
    Last edited by airjoe; 01/03/2005 at 10:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    Do a soft reset and make sure you are NOT signed onto Vision before turning on DUN. Otherwise, you will get a TransLibOpen error.

Extensive discussion in this thread.
    Thanks MacJunkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselmonkey99
    Shadow:

I installed the DUN patch. After a hard reset I had to reset up my bluetooth connection for hotsynch. After making the device discoverable and making the computer discoverable. I set up the com port (5) , previously the bluetooth com port was (3). when I attempt to hotsynch via bluetooth I get an error message that says "unable to initiate hotsynch operation because the port is in use by another application"..

any suggestions?

chiselmonkey
    Well it sounds like you are no longer using the proper virtual serial port on your computer. You can try going to device manager and look for what com ports you have available. Two could be conflicting, or you just aren't on the right one. Doesn't sound like a problem with the phone at all...
    I have custom ROM #5 ... have been extremely happy but have noticed a significant battery drain for past few days. After reading this thread last night, I fully charged my phone and went to bed at 3am. I just checked my phone at 11am and it's already down to 80%, and it has not been used at all during 8 hour span. This seems ridiculous - does this seem extreme? This is my first Treo/Palm device.

Thanks!
    vjslater, that is exactly what I was experiencing as well. After re-reflashing as indicated above, I unplugged my phone 4 hours ago, and am still at 99% after a couple hotsyncs, mail retrievals, etc - minor usage.

Something is causing the few issues being reported, we just don't know what it is yet. I've been trying to duplicate the problem, but can't seem to... I've been trying to do a little bit here or there (after a period of waiting to see if the battery starts draining), but can't seem to cause it to re-occur.

I have not used Blazer yet though since it ha begun using the battery properly again... Might try going in to Blazer and downloading something next.
    Check to see what programs you have running that might be accessing Vision. When Vision is being accessed there is significantly more battery drain than when your phone is in idle mode. It could even be something simple like VersaMail or SnapperMail running in the background. Or, it could be an instant messaging program, like VeriChat. Remember, with programs like VeriChat, if you set it to use your data network rather than SMS it will almost constantly be accessing Vision, significantly reducing battery life and even increase missed calls. I've found that limiting the use of programs that use Vision in standby to the bare minimum allows me to run my Treo 650 on the same battery for at least 3 days with approximately one to two hours of talk time per day, and half an hour of Vision usage per day.
    Based on all the reports of battery drain, there has to be something causing it. Those effected appear to have installed a custom rom with voice memo and note pad. These applications/roms work fine for most, but a few who have hotsynced after the install of the rom get a battery drain. Some file in your backup directories is the cause. You can either all get together and compare files being restored, and play with deleting them one by one, or just delete it all. Re-install everything manually, and get rid of the problem for good. It's up to you...

I don't have the problem because I always install things manually.
    Airjoe, so did you reflash with custom ROM and put your apps back on your Treo?
    Since I wrote (about 50 minutes ago!) it has lost another 10% ... it's down to 70%!!!

Only apps that could be using Vision would be Chatter and VeriChat ... but even with Chatter, it's offline and I always retrieve my mail manually rather than auto-fetching. With VeriChat, I don't use data connection but rather SMS.

So do you recommend that I reflash with ROM #5 then reinstall my apps? I have hard-reset so many times and putting stuff on manually is getting really old
    Since reflash AND hotsync, I have not had a problem (i'm still at 99% after ~6hrs). The hotsync apparently did NOT put something back which caused the initial problem. I used backupman to reinstall my apps, with a backup created minutes before the hard reset (every time), so I don't think you need to reflash & reload either (???). Luckily, with BackupMan, a hard reset is only a 3 minute ordeal to be back up and running...

Therefore with what I've seen so far, I do think it was something which is not disconnecting from Vision, like JesseRPI suggested. If there's a connection to voice memo/notepad (because #3/#5 users are having the issue), not sure why. I've run both those programs just to see if I could restart the "issue", which I haven't been successful in creating the problem yet.

The programs I have which access Vision are:
    TreoAlarm - set for a morning alarm to get the weather
    Snapper - set for a 2 hour automatic download
    Web (Blazer) - haven't surfed since trying to discover this issue
    DirectoryAssistant - could be an issue
    Pockettunes (does it?) - have not used in a week or so

I can see Snapper disconnect, so I think it's doing it. I have T-A set to disconnect, so hopefully it's working right. I haven't seen a setting in Blazer to disconnect on exit, and I know if I exit to Zlauncher (home), and then go back to Blazer, it does not need to reaccess Vision, unless I've forced a disconnect by doing a retrieve in Snapper (any help on this?).

I'm just babbling so maybe it gives someone an idea to for me check into...
    Is it possible for Vision to stay open/connected, if it's closed by another application? For example, if one of the above programs accessed Vision, but didn't close Vision, and then I used Snapper to get mail and it logged off after completion, would it be possible for Vision to stay connected?

If not, then I'm again at a loss cuz Snapper was routinely getting mail and I watched it close Vision (or so the dialogue said) during the period when I was having battery problems...
    My phone will last a whole day after abusing my minutes all day. I used probable about 200 min a day. Plus surfing the net. and playing games while sitting on the throne LOL

I dont have any problems you all are talking about. The only problem i had was the sound. after the patch ive been all good. From what sprint said on or around Jan 5th there should be an update from palm with the sound problem.