Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2424748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1233
    Maybe you'll get lucky and cut failure rate down to 50%
    Ok, after 1 full day running the "original" update, all seems well with the battery.

I just reflashed #5, and will give it another 24hrs and assess at that point... I won't mess with anything like ringtones, etc, and I'll try to isolate a conflict if one exists...
    Thanks for the info AirJoe.

I removed Verichat's latest beta and that does not seem to have been the issue. Can you please clarify what the "Original" update is? Is this what Shadowmite's website refers to as: "Original Voice Quality Patched ROM"?

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by mansouan
    Can you please clarify what the "Original" update is? Is this what Shadowmite's website refers to as: "Original Voice Quality Patched ROM"?
    Yes, the first (unmodified ROM except sound quality) update.

Interestingly, so far, the battery usage seems fairly normal (couple percent drain overnight). Might be something else I'm (and you?) running which is causing the issue/conflict...
    if what is in rom gets unzipped to ram..for running apps..does it lessen the 10 mb avail of ram for that? & if u add apps to the rom..will they always be running? the smaller the rom...would you have more of that 10 mb or is it unzipped to the nvfm?
    Airjoe,

You may be right. I have some family/church committments this morning but later this afternoon I'll list out everything that is in RAM on my Treo and perhaps we can see if there are any overlaps.

Last night while I was flashing to the unmodifed ROM (except sound quality), I had problems syncing all my data back. So I started poking around and found several lingering prc's and pdb's that should not have been there anymore. Although I don't have everything fully synced back to the device, I will still monitor battery performance today. Gosh I sorely miss BackupMan being fully functional on my 600...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    Yes, the first (unmodified ROM except sound quality) update.

Interestingly, so far, the battery usage seems fairly normal (couple percent drain overnight). Might be something else I'm (and you?) running which is causing the issue/conflict...
    Anyone out there in a festive, giving mood? I need a custom ROM that consists of Shadowmite's "minimal ROM" plus RealPlayer....that's all:

1. Voice/Audio Patch
    2. BT DUN Patch
    3. RealPlayer

I would REALLY appreciate it....and don't ask why I don't just add Pocket Tunes...I am not an MP3 power user and I actually prefer the simplicity of RealPlayer. If you could help a "hacked challenge" individual with the above request, I would appreciate you sending it to me at rjmoose@gmail.com or rjmoose79@yahoo.com . I will also make a donation of $25 to the charity of your choice toward the "Tsunami Relief Effort". I think thats a good way to approach this.

Thanks,

Ron
    rjmoose, I can try to get it for you, but give me a little while. I'm finally home and have now connected to the bootloader. I'm trying to explore what is possible now and get a backup of the phones original rom flash.

Anyone with a serial cable (verizon hacked phone) please let us know you're listening, I might need you to pull off a rom image (only if you have NOT flashed one of my roms...)
    million thank you's!!!!!
    Hey Shadowmite, any reason why I can seem to get ANY of your ROM files off of your webpage? What happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC
    Hey Shadowmite, any reason why I can seem to get ANY of your ROM files off of your webpage? What happened?
    They all work fine... Try refreshing your browser maybe?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    Anyone out there in a festive, giving mood? I need a custom ROM that consists of Shadowmite's "minimal ROM" plus RealPlayer....that's all:

1. Voice/Audio Patch
    2. BT DUN Patch
    3. RealPlayer

I would REALLY appreciate it....and don't ask why I don't just add Pocket Tunes...
    Please forgive me for asking but I have not kept up with this thread, I would like some help like a rolling up of the fixes which have been found. It just too much to go through post by post. VC charged my card so my 650 should be here monday or tues.
    What rom flashes do/will I need?.
    Will if void the warrenty?
    Have there been failures after the flash?
    what is the cost?
    Since "Shadow" has been working with P1 on this should I wait?
    Why isnt P1 doing these fixes, they built the thing?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by g.711; 01/02/2005 at 09:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Realy? Where did you read this?

I have read that Shadow would like a job with P1.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    What rom flashes do/will I need?
    You don't "need" any of them, per se. However, some of them are useful:

If people complain that you sound like you're talking to them from inside a cave or something like that, the voice quality patch will help tremendously.

If you want to use your Treo as a Bluetooth modem for your laptop, you will either need Shadowmite's DUN patch (which can be installed as part of a ROM patch or just by itself into RAM), or you can use PDAnet.

With a ROM patch, you can remove nuisance programs that you don't want (in my case, RealPlayer and all the Sprint programs like "Get BC" and "Download") and put some third-party programs in the freed up ROM space to save you some RAM space.

Personally, I am using Shadowmite's ROM #3, which removes the useless Sprint programs and RealPlayer, adds VoiceRecorder and NotePad, and applies the voice quality and DUN patches. I am loving it, and I am considering doing my own custom ROM, adding Datebook5 to what I already have.

Making and applying the custom ROMs costs nothing.
    Last edited by MacJunkie; 01/02/2005 at 10:03 PM.
    Good Evening,

Just wanted to let you all know what I have found. The largest ROM folder I have been able to use has been 7.13mb. Over that and I get an error. I just flashed Shadow's minimal ROM with Treohelper, CardExport2, BackupMan, Resco Explorer, Chatter (all 3 files) DateBk5 and the Unbranded Patch. In order to get these to fit I needed to make more room. ** Warning, as with all the other mods there is a risk, please be prepared to sing or cry accordingly ** I started viewing the "MM" files. I found 6 or so that were directly related to Versamail. Plugins for word, zip, etc and removed them. This got the ROM folder from 7.26(ish) down to 7.13mb. After flashing and restoring from BackupMan I now have 12mb of RAM free. This is up from 11.4, which is up from 9mb before I started "massaging" the ROM. I just thought I would share.
    Why isnt P1 doing these fixes, they built the thing?

thanks in advance
    When did shadow start working with P1. WOW congrad shadow!
    im having a huge battery drain issue also. flashed with shadow's mod that includes the voice recorder and memo software some time ago, and have since noticed decreased battery times as well. i thought it had to do with my leaving the bluetooth on all the time, but when i turned that off and still had the issue, i came searching the forum....i havent flashed back yet with a different ROM that doesnt include those 2 apps, but i dont think it's mere coincidence that we're all having the same issue. what is in those apps that draws battery power? that's crazy...
    Btw, with that Bluetooth DUN patch, what are the steps to getting it connected? I keep getting strange errors...
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseRPI
    Btw, with that Bluetooth DUN patch, what are the steps to getting it connected? I keep getting strange errors...
    Do a soft reset and make sure you are NOT signed onto Vision before turning on DUN. Otherwise, you will get a TransLibOpen error.

Extensive discussion in this thread.
    Last edited by MacJunkie; 01/02/2005 at 10:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Hey Shadowmite....

Any chance that you can look into the issue stated in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=68024

I would also like to see this get "fixed".

Fittske
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....