Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    um my 650 is finally stable. i think me waits for an official release.
    I have notied an improvement in sound quality on both ends and in my external speaker too. Didnt expect that. It's very easy to do and yes the files can be purged from your sd card once its done.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    does anyone have a hardware revision B yet?
    I highly reccomend you update if you are having sound issues. Personally, I don't see how some claim not to have a problem b/c all the phones run the same s/w and h/w, but if your voice is somehow clear, I suppose I wouldn't update.

I was so dissapointed with the sound that I was on the verge of returning this phone. I decided to gamble on this patch and let me tell you its worked wonders. My voice is finally clear and not at all choppy.

If you're nervous about applying this update, don't be. Just follow the instructions EXACTLY and you should be fine. Be aware, however, that after a hard reset, your 1st sync will install files you may have previously deleted. I reccomend looking thru your Paln folder on your PC and deleting programs you deleted on your 650. An example...after I applied the patch my 650 worked great. I then synced...then I was stuck in a reset loop...I solved this by doing another hard reset, and deleting several 'culprit' programs from my backup folder (namely Agendus). Then I resynced and did not have the reset loop.

Finally my 650 sounds like a landline in ANY environment (even w/music in the background). If you don't trust this f/w update, then just wait for P1 to release a fix....but be aware that may take months....
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    As soon as I got off the phone activating my second phone, I made a phone call before hot syncing and updating vision. Still was getting the same problems...I don't think it is the hot sync. I think it just works for some phones and doesn't for others. Kinda like some people got good phones and the rest of us deal with this crap

I'm on my second phone and it sounded great - until I used my speaker phone and now the sound is breaking up again - so maybe it shouldn't be used as a speaker phone?
    If you mean the Bluetooth DUN patch, no it works fine. After you do the patch and hard reset, the DUN patch file will get reinstalled by your hotsync. Seems to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    Did this new patch mess up the shadowmite Bluetooth fix?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Hey guys, why didn't anyone tell me this rom update was available! I've been waiting for a chance to see a rom update loader! I have added the bluetooth DUN patch into this firmware update so it will not be needed to add the patch file now... One of you guys hosting this file want the new one?
    I haven't noticed any changes on these two issues, but I didn't really expect any either.

Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Anyone who has updated...

Any difference in the sound that comes through Bluetooth headsets (ie; is the ubiquitous low volume issue improved at all as a result of the patch)?

Any difference in how quickly calls are initiated (ie; the annoying long delay between hitting dial and actually seeing the call start)?

Thanks for any feedback on these.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I tried to remove the files from the card but it will not let me delete the ROM folder.. Any ideas???
    shadowmite check ur pm.
    Moderator Edit: The firmware has been removed, as it is palmOne's intellectual property. But at least we know they are getting close to address the issue.
    I'm not one to usually complain..

but to take down a patch that is MANDITORY to get A $600 PHONE TO ACTUALLY WORK is ridiculous. Palm should have a nightly updated version of the flash (somewhat like the dev releases of firefox). Some of us actually rely on our phones to make a living. Personally I wouldn't have this paperweight if it were not for the patch that was posted, it would have been returned yesterday after I could not get any business done because people could not hear me and I don't own a landline.
    Last edited by no1ukn0w; 12/17/2004 at 12:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV
    Moderator Edit: The firmware has been removed, as it is palmOne's intellectual property. But at least we know they are getting close to address the issue.

Might I inquire...who says?

A techie at P1 gave this to a customer knowing that he was distributing it to others. Fiasal hismelf said they were watching the thread and, through Fiasal, they were activily soliciting feedback on how the patch was working.

And, in any case, the patch was not being hosted here, just a link to sites that had it.

Did someone from P1 ask you to do this?
    im not sure if the mods are allowed to tell you. they might have to kill you if they tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww
    im not sure if the mods are allowed to tell you. they might have to kill you if they tell you.
    I think it must be that SeldomVisitor has photos of them in compromising positions and he is forcing the Mods to remove the patch since SV wants P1 and the 650 to fail!
    lol, may very well be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by no1ukn0w
    I'm not one to usually complain..

but to take down a patch that is MANDITORY to get A $600 PHONE TO ACTUALLY WORK is ridiculous. Palm should have a nightly updated version of the flash (somewhat like the dev releases of firefox). Some of us actually rely on our phones to make a living. Personally I wouldn't have this paperweight if it were not for the patch that was posted, it would have been returned yesterday after I could not get any business done because people could not hear me and I don't own a landline.
    strangely enough, my unpatched T650 works and sounds fine without this patch. so clearly, it is not "MANDITORY[sic]".

that said, i think it's stupid that the patch was taken down. for all the reasons mentioned by another poster, this was ostensibly released with the tacit agreement of p1, looking for feedback, pun intended.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    The patch is still available at mytreo.net. look for it, I dont want to post the actual link to the thread, since it might get deleted.
    Atleast I downloaded,saved and installed it B4 it was taken away.....YES!

Is there a SPrint 650 avatar available on TC?..If so, where? I've searched through my account here and there's no place to update the present avatar.

Thanks
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    strangely enough, my unpatched T650 works and sounds fine without this patch. so clearly, it is not "MANDITORY[sic]".
    sorry... if you want to get that critical about my statement:

You shouldn't have a t650 at all. They should have never released a phone with this many bugs, goes to show they have a horrible Q/C process. If you have a working phone congrats. If you check out the other thread you are one of the few.
    Curious. Was the Wifi driver removed (if it was ever here) because it too is Palm's intellectual property.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I'm curious too - why is someone who is beta testing a change being made by someone else, getting paid by people to post these betas so they can download them? If I was the company that owned the code and was making the changes, I'd be pi**ed off....isn't this illegal somehow? Sorry to rain on the parade, flame away...