Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
    Shadowmite, does the 2mb limit come up when people use reverse DUN?
    Have we concluded that it is a blazer limitation and not a sprint proxy limitation?
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseRPI
    I tried, but I get this message:

File Too Large
    X The file you are trying to download is too big. The maximum file size that you can download is 2MB.
    OK
    Could you give me a link to whatever you tried to download? I have never found a web page that big! Or is it a download you're attempting?
    Just PM'd you one. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Shadowmite, does the 2mb limit come up when people use reverse DUN?
    Have we concluded that it is a blazer limitation and not a sprint proxy limitation?
    This is not a Sprint proxy limitation because when using ReqWireless Webviewer it is possible to download pages of theoretically any size. Also, if Blazer encounters a link/file that it can immediately identify as being over 2 MB, it will not even attempt to download it, but will instead return the error message.
    Why is Treocentral thumbing their noses at Palm? Do the moderators care whether or not these files are illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by hengeem
    Why is Treocentral thumbing their noses at Palm? Do the moderators care whether or not these files are illegal?

SV play your game elsewhere.

Setting ignore...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    SV play your game elsewhere.

Setting ignore...
    Keep up with posting your illegal hacked ROMs. And maybe fry a few more phones while you're at it. I wonder how many of those fried phones will be replaced under warranty.

You're too funny.
    So I had the same problem that others reported with the camera hack, But I'll go into further detail on the off chance it will help anyone. When I first run "camera" where the resolution should be it's blank, then if I move the resolution down to a listed number 640x480 it's fine andtakes pictures but it will not let me go back up to the blank screen. next when I go inot settings it doesn't have anything listed (blank or non) it seems like the file is trying to direct to something that's not there. I wonder if there is something else to "turn on" in order for the higher resolutions to take place.

I also discovered of you click over to change the resolutions but do not in fact push the "down" button to select an original setting and click the center button when the screen comes back it is completely white (in the camera view) and then if you exit out before changing resolutions back the entire screen becomes completely white and no buttons are enabled.

I also checked trying to send the picture to the memory card and the built in memory and neither seemed to work.

oh and as soon as I get home I'm drilling a whole in my battery cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by edgefox
    oh and as soon as I get home I'm drilling a whole in my battery cover.
    Join the club!

Yea, once I get home I'll be playing with all these hack ideas looking for ways to complete them... So many projects, so little time!

I just can't wait for the serial cables... Once I get them and make some, and figure out the bootloader, we can get rid of people once and for all saying we needed this leak from palm.

Let me explain, what palm leaked out was not a rom image. Well, they did give us firmware for the phone and bootloader but those are not the important thing. They showed us that the rom was nothing more than a zip file of files in the phones memory. That can not be considered an illegal rom to anyone who owns the phone and could pull the files off of it. I mean come one, are you telling me backupbuddy creates illegal rom images? All the rom on this phone is is a zipped up archive of everything...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    YES! Force roam would be a GREAT addition to the T650!
    Is this possiable?
    I've been reading this thread and the wi-fi thread with amazement at the ingenuity of those involved. As an experienced software engineer, I know there is a great deal of effort involved in doing this kind of reverse engineering.

While I find the ROM hacking to be potentially useful, I'm a bit disappointed that the wi-fi effort has petered out. While shadowmite and company have enabled wi-fi, it isn't available in a manner that I would consider useable on an ongoing basis. For that it would be necessary to be able to enable and disable it so you can return to accessing the Sprint (or other provider's) wireless network without a hard reset of the phone.

Are there plans to continue the wi-fi efforts? Hope so. Having reliable and usable wi-fi on the Treo 650 would fill a huge gap IMHO.
    gelphman, yes, that effort will continue, but I am currently on travel for the holidays and haven't really touched it since. I have it listed on my web site as a project to be worked on, but the estimate is not to great at being able to fix it up. Don't worry, I'll get back to it eventually. I need some other members to join in with these projects. It's hard to stay focused...
    Question:

I see a Minimal ROM on shadowmite's site. Does installation of this particular ROM provide an extra user available memory?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    100thmonkey, no, it just is a good starting point for people who want to build their own rom. You will gain no ram unless you install less programs in ram...

-------
    Something I wanted to mention, might make some of you GSM "wait'ers" a little uneasy. I have seen ZERO signs of Edge being in the 650. They have references all over the place to GPRS... Just thought I should mention it...

Albertb, find anything new while playing?
    kewl
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    shadowmite, we need to experiment with the ptt stuff. Sprint has readylink on my account since im a 3rd party employee so if we can enable it in the phone I can test it. If it works then we could petition sprint to allow readylink to be added to treo 650 accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww
    shadowmite, we need to experiment with the ptt stuff. Sprint has readylink on my account since im a 3rd party employee so if we can enable it in the phone I can test it. If it works then we could petition sprint to allow readylink to be added to treo 650 accounts.
    I have every intention of exploring it, but currently I just see all kinds of references to it in the phone app. There doesn't appear to be a option to start it! I'll be working on a lot of these once I get home. That is, until my parts arrive to build my 500megawatt laser (no, I'm not joking! I need to cut down a tree!) (Neodynium doped ruby)
    Hey i need to do some hedge trimming in the spring, think i can borrow it??
    i just ran across some latitude and longitude stuff in the htc activation file. I also saw a thing that says trace enabled and trace disabled.

It would be sweet if our phones could report our lat and lon. Just think of the possibilities...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I have every intention of exploring it, but currently I just see all kinds of references to it in the phone app. There doesn't appear to be a option to start it! I'll be working on a lot of these once I get home. That is, until my parts arrive to build my 500megawatt laser (no, I'm not joking! I need to cut down a tree!) (Neodynium doped ruby)
    Just outta curiosity...how do you make a 500 MegaWatt Laser?? My dad's trying to come up with a way to cut some rocks on his land, and his idea didn't sound nearly as good as a laser.