Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Now, can someone else verify this for me? I don't think it will let you take the picture. But when you first load the camera app with this installed it will set to 1280x960 and show far less pics that can be saved to memory. If you try to change the resolution it will goto whatever you select and you can't get the 1280 mode back until you restart the app.

Try to take the picture, let me know if it does anything. I've tried this on my own, it won't hurt anything.
    Mine went from 138 pictures left to 33 pictures left.
    On the right side where it used to say 640, it doesn't say anything any more. If I click on it to change resolution, the screen goes blank and I have the 640 and the 320 options.

You are correct that I can't take any pictures when I am in that mode, the button does nothing but if I switch to 640 or 320 I can take a picture.
    Umm, just changing the subject again, This is interesting... In the phone app I just found a function titled:

CallSetIsPTT
    Wa dat mean?
    ~'kito
    Well, I just found a HUGE section of code for PTT. It appears Push To Talk is almost entirely built into the phone app, if not working and just disabled because Sprint can't support it yet...
    I think you should start a new post on HR 650 camera possibilities.
    Whoa, now that is very interesting! Looks like the side button may someday chirp.
    Great find. Keep looking for those little pots of gold!
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    Whoa, now that is very interesting! Looks like the side button may someday chirp.
    Great find. Keep looking for those little pots of gold!
    Yep, I was really just looking for the function that sets volume on the bluetooth headsets... Think I might have found it... I'll have to toy with it and compare to the normal connection functions...
    Shadowmite, it looks like in the Phone_enUS.pdb file there are some options that are not enabled such as on 3AA0h and 3AB0h the option for select band. Could you possibly select a band on CDMA? Limit it to 850mhz or 1900mhz? This could provide what some people need - an option to force ROAM for their plans that include roaming in areas where Sprint signal is weak and other signals are strong.

The function itself appears again on AD50h
    OOOHHHH FORCE ROAM FORCE ROAM FORCE ROAM.

I am able to force roam on my Samsung mmA700, but I don't have that feature on the 650. I would love that for areas that are sprint signal weak.

FORCE ROAM please and I would be grateful.
    What about Blazer's 2 MB download limit? Can someone [shadowmite] please remove it?
    Umm, just changing the subject again, This is interesting... In the phone app I just found a function titled:

CallSetIsPTT

OHHHHHHH DAMMMM!!!!!!!!!

I see it now......."You can PTT to other SPrint RL phone as well as NEXTEL phones".......heads will roll at Palm ...and Sprint!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    A lot of programs like Findhack and Datebk5 store their registration in the Saved Preferences file. So when you register, it doesn't actually change the the program's PRC.
    Any idea if zLauncher and Snapper store the registration in preferences (no modifications to the PRC file in ROM)?
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Shadowmite, it looks like in the Phone_enUS.pdb file there are some options that are not enabled such as on 3AA0h and 3AB0h the option for select band. Could you possibly select a band on CDMA? Limit it to 850mhz or 1900mhz? This could provide what some people need - an option to force ROAM for their plans that include roaming in areas where Sprint signal is weak and other signals are strong.

The function itself appears again on AD50h
    Albertb, good job exploring those files! That's how everything is found. However, if you want to see what those options appear as open that same file in PRC Explorer. Then, goto the MBAR selection (menu bar) and select a entry. Then click the mouse on the menu displays at the right.

As you see, select band is a menu option. But it also is appearing with all the GSM options. For CDMA it does not apply (I've already toyed with that when figuring out the flags for the overlay file). If you want to try enabling it yourself just to play some, edit the phone_spcs file (one of the ones we have editting the pictures in. At the flag section you can set the bytes to 0xFF and enable everything, but trying to use a GSM option on a CDMA phone causes it to crash...

Sorry to dissapoint you! The Treo 600 had a ## code to change bands. The 650 doesn't seem to have that but I am still hopeful we'll find a way.
    I LOVE it when Shadowmite is "hopeful"!
    ~'kito
    Note: The really interesting menu's are the ones that have a PTT item in the menu header... Hmm...
    I take it back, albertb might have found something I missed completely! The CDMA menu's appear to have several options that are not on our phones... Maybe they hardcoded a hideitem just like bluetooth...
    Yup, looks like there are a few different menu varieties that can be enabled. Worth a shot!
    And some have PTT in them, others band selection.
    Actally, I take back my statement. They are GSM... If you look at the form where you set the band selection, the only options are GSM bands, not CDMA.

But the PTT still interests me. This means this phone might support verizon's Push to Talk feature, yet not sprints readylink... Wonder how sprint got the short end of that one... Or maybe it's GSM?

I tried some patches in the phone app... The phone refuses to take a new copy of that file in ram! I might have to flash it into rom to test things in it.
    By the way, if anyone knows a file or link that exceeds the limit in blazer, could you try this file and see if it makes a difference?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    By the way, if anyone knows a file or link that exceeds the limit in blazer, could you try this file and see if it makes a difference?
    I tried, but I get this message:

File Too Large
    X The file you are trying to download is too big. The maximum file size that you can download is 2MB.
    OK