Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
    Maybe you should try something smaller... 800x600, 1024x769?
    From what I've found it never supported those. Just goes from 640x480 right to 1280x960...
    You see it seems based on the D0 register. set to 01 it doesn't work, 02 it's 160x??, 04 it's 320x240, 08 it's 640x480, and 10 (hex for 16) it's 1280x960... I guess I could try a number between, but this is a fit field, dunno what that would do!
    Well, I'm prepared to now say, I've tried everything short of re-writting the camera software! The Software supports the 1.3 mega pixel, the hardware doesn't... Based on that I'd have to say it's very likely palms story is exactly correct, they intented 1.3 megapixel but it didn't happen...

I might try a little more, but I'm pretty certain I exhausted the possibilities tonight.
    Shadowmite,
    I think I speak for us all when I say that we greatly appreciate all your hard work concerning this new discovery.
    We're very lucky to have you here.
    Is it necessary for one to unzip the palm os file before adding my desired PRC files or can I just drop them into the zipped file and recalculate MD5 on that?

When correcting the boot file- do I use the db= or ROMdb=? And where should I add the entry?

Is it possible to add templates for a PRC in ROM? If so, specifics please.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Well, I'm prepared to now say, I've tried everything short of re-writting the camera software! The Software supports the 1.3 mega pixel, the hardware doesn't... Based on that I'd have to say it's very likely palms story is exactly correct, they intented 1.3 megapixel but it didn't happen...

I might try a little more, but I'm pretty certain I exhausted the possibilities tonight.

P1 told the TRUTH???? Say it ain't so!!!

Oh well, will give everybody a few more days to play with it, if nothing comes up, Shadowmite gets the $5 I was willing to bet for all the work he has done!
    I have downloaded the rom update from the website.
    I have already synched my phone via bluetooth once. after I follow the checklist and I hard reset will I need a new name for my hotsynch manager or will it be the same as it is now? Thanks. BTW you guys are all amazing and my hat's off too ya!

chiselmonkey
    You won't need a new hotsync name, and will probably want to keep the same name anyway so that you can restore your apps/settings/etc easily after the hard reset.
    OK, it's very hard to read thru this whole thread to find something out...
    so I hope someone will help me. I am about to download one of the patches from Shadowmites (Gods ) site, I understand everything, BUT, where and how do I put my own things (like Snappermail) into rom At which point, and where/how do I have to install it?

Thanks in advance, and thanks Shadowmite for the great work, keep it up...

Oh, BTW, what's the "root directory" ? BAK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    OK, it's very hard to read thru this whole thread to find something out...
    so I hope someone will help me. I am about to download one of the patches from Shadowmites (Gods ) site, I understand everything, BUT, where and how do I put my own things (like Snappermail) into rom At which point, and where/how do I have to install it?

Thanks in advance, and thanks Shadowmite for the great work, keep it up...

Oh, BTW, what's the "root directory" ? BAK?

Dude, If you can't figure it out without any questions, I wouldn't do it at all!!! If you make your own ROM and screw it up, you could be stuck with an unusable phone. (paper weight) I have been reading all of these threads, and consider myself very good with computers, and all things tech, and I am avoiding making my own ROM. I don't know your abilities, but I am just warning you, be careful.

If you want to use one of Shadowmites ROM's as is, I say go for it, but still be carefull.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Hey, you just made me pee
    I have backup...
    Mahootzki

Search the thread titled below;it has the information you're looking for.

Treo650 ROM Mods
    Mahootzki:

As others have warned, this is not something for the technical novice. If you don't know what the root directory is, I seriously question whether this is something you want to get into (and no, it's not BAK). This is NOT like installing an application that can be uninstalled if it doesn't work. It's not even like installing a ROM patch provided officially from Palm. This is serious hacking, and the consequence of getting it wrong is likely a completely dead device.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    After the most recent threads I am considering PDAnet. No disrespect to shadowmite, as his work is amazing. I am wondering if could post a ROM update that has the sound patch but has all the other stuff removed (i.e. versamail,bc,etc

Also if I do end up installing a patch with DUN patched, will later switching to pdanet cause a conflict?

thanks to all who work on these projects and to those who risk much to make them available to us.

chiselmonkey
    Also, if we do Shadowmite's audio fix and then later PalmOne comes out with an audio improvement patch, can we install it and will it mess anything up?
    The DUN patch will in no way conflict with pdanet should you choose to pay for something that is free...

Palm can choose to make their future fixes work with all phones, or with only unmodified ones. I can't promise you anything in that regard. My only promise is that if it doesn't work, I promise to do my best to make it work. That's all I can offer.
    Now, can someone else verify this for me? I don't think it will let you take the picture. But when you first load the camera app with this installed it will set to 1280x960 and show far less pics that can be saved to memory. If you try to change the resolution it will goto whatever you select and you can't get the 1280 mode back until you restart the app.

Try to take the picture, let me know if it does anything. I've tried this on my own, it won't hurt anything.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Don't meant to interrupt, but did you guys know that PDAnet uses the serial bluetooth profile for DUN?! Could this be why people are reporting that PDAnet is faster than using the unlocked DUN? In my experience I have found that web access is faster using PDAnet as well. Oh, and I verified that this was the case by checking my Belkin bluetooth adapter, that indicated the connection was via BT serial, and not BT DUN. Interesting, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Now, can someone else verify this for me? I don't think it will let you take the picture. But when you first load the camera app with this installed it will set to 1280x960 and show far less pics that can be saved to memory. If you try to change the resolution it will goto whatever you select and you can't get the 1280 mode back until you restart the app.

Try to take the picture, let me know if it does anything. I've tried this on my own, it won't hurt anything.

It does what you say above for me, but I can't take a picture, nothing happens until i switch resolutions, then I can take a photo again. Its like the button is deactivated.