Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    So these new BT files don't affect BT headset performance, only HF kits for cars right? (sorry, just wanna make sure I'm clear)
    Correct, unless your headset is working in handsfree profile and can do caller id etc...
    Palm File Browser. Works great. fast. no need for another device. the T650 *is* a card reader![/QUOTE]

Being download impaired, I can't find a file named Palm File Finder. I'm on my third t650 and am desperate for the patch. The less I have to hookup the better. Please respond either to here or my edress msannie518@hotmail.com. Thank you in advance.
    Well, I Googled "Palm File Browser" and this is what I came up w/
    http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=220
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Correct, unless your headset is working in handsfree profile and can do caller id etc...
    It doesnt even help with that. I just tried my Moto HS820 and nothing changed. I still have to manually change the call from the phone to my headset. Both incoming and outgoing.

Again there priorities are out of whack. they should fix the popular headsets before the car kits. I would think that would affect more people then the car kit fix does.

Sorry for side tracking the thread. Great work shadowmite. You are great for the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    I looked there and it is not there. Unless it is buried in one of Shadowmite's rom upgrades. But thanks anyway.

Go to the site,
    look under : "ROM's - VERIZON USERS BEWARE!"
    click that link

the one you want if you want only the unaltered palm patch is:
    "The Original patched ROM as released from Palm"

its there I JUST LOOKED!!
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Well, I Googled "Palm File Browser" and this is what I came up w/
    http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=220
    I did that too. When I tapped the 'link' I got a German language website and when I tapped the zip file, it went to my card which only shows two dumb games I never saw before. I'm really not stupid and can follow instructions, guess I just need them more detailed. I think I may just visit Best Buy tomorrow and get a card reader-though I'll probably screw that up too. This is my 1st treo (3d if you count exchanges) and everything else is fantastic, just really need that PHONE clarity.
    Are you doing this from your phone?

You got to do it from your computer. I just did it again, clicked on "The Original patched ROM as released from Palm", got a File Download box asking "do you want to open or save this file?" The name of the file is: Sound Quality Patch -- Original Zip"

I just downloaded it to my computer. It shows as a zip file, I right click it, choose "Extract all..." and The "welcome to the Compressed (zipped) folders Extraction Wizard comes up, follow the prompts, you should have then an unzipped file folder named "Sound Quality Patch--Original" If you open this file, you will see two files, one named "PALM" and a second named "ROM". It is these two files that you drag to your SD card--get and use a card reader--doing it any other way is more complicated. Then you follow the instructions posted on Shadowmites site.

Hope that helps. Merry Christmas.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    I read some where you type in DB="name of PRC inserted" into the boot config. However, does it matter where you place it? Do I just put it at the end?

What is the difference between ROMdb, DB and all the other stuff in there.
    Is there a way to do the soundquality patch without a sd card?

How?

Thanks,
    Todd
    Todd
    Quote Originally Posted by toddbe
    Is there a way to do the soundquality patch without a sd card?

How?

Thanks,
    Todd
    No, you must have a SD card.
    Just use the free one you got from P1. Oh.....wait a sec.....LOL!!
    Shadow,

The Bluetooth udpate for the custom ROM on the bottom of your page does not work. Can you fix??

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Is there noticeably MORE available ram when you do a rom update without Versamail? Thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    Shadow,

The Bluetooth udpate for the custom ROM on the bottom of your page does not work. Can you fix??

IGO
    What do you mean it doesn't work? What happened when you ran it? You're talking about the bt-update.prc file? How did you run it? What rom do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    What do you mean it doesn't work? What happened when you ran it? You're talking about the bt-update.prc file? How did you run it? What rom do you have?
    When I click on the " Bluetooth Car Kit update from Palm for those with custom ROMS"....I get:

The page cannot be found
    The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.virtualgspot.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
    Click the Back button to try another link.
    Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
    Internet Explorer

This is what I mean...just wanna use your update for custom ROM. I installed the "prc" file that has the Treo in/out logo a day or two back when you released it.

Nothing happened when trying to get your BT update b/c the link is dead as you can see. Can't run what I don't have..

Thanks

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    The link works perfectly for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Is there noticeably MORE available ram when you do a rom update without Versamail? Thanx
    The RAM is not affected at all when you update the ROM. The only benefit of updating the ROM is if you:

a) just want to get rid of the annoying icons from things that you don't ever use such as BC, Software Downloads, etc., or

b) you intend to fill the space in the ROM with applications that you find more useful.

The thing to think about if you're doing it for the second reason is that not all applications run correctly from ROM, so you may not end up filling the ROM with exactly the applications you'd like (such as Pocket Tunes... doesn't work).

Hope that helps.
    The biggest issue here with playing with the rom is re-zipping the file. IF YOU CHOSE TO PLAY WITH IT, THE REZIPPED FILE CAN NOT CONTAIN A DIRECTORY! It seems EVERY SINGLE DEAD PHONE SO FAR is because the zip file contained a directory... I will put a warning up on my web site, but I wanted to put this here too...
    Shadow,

Just curious, but how is that application you were working on for creating ROMs progressing? Last I saw you had the zip/unzip algorithms working, but you were trying to figure out how to edit the boot.conf file. Any success? I wish I could help out, but my skills are akin to Homer Simpson's famous "Press any key... where's the 'any' key?" statement.

Just figured I'd let you know the interest is definitely still here. Good luck!!
    Quote Originally Posted by brickjr
    Shadow,

Just curious, but how is that application you were working on for creating ROMs progressing? Last I saw you had the zip/unzip algorithms working, but you were trying to figure out how to edit the boot.conf file. Any success? I wish I could help out, but my skills are akin to Homer Simpson's famous "Press any key... where's the 'any' key?" statement.

Just figured I'd let you know the interest is definitely still here. Good luck!!
    Well, being on travel for the holidays I'm finding it hard to work on. My workstation is all at home, all I have is the laptop and phone. I haven't really done much with it this week, but I intend to finish it sometime (hopefully before new years...)