Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    These ROM updates may not be compatible with p1's newly released BT carkit patches...maybe the updates already have this patch?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...719#post504719
    So shadowmite... I know you're working on getting around this issue. But it raises a concern for me.

If I re-ROM my phone and it prevents me from using future updates, how can I PERSONALLY get around that? Is the process you used for the BT car kit update complicated or is it somehting a computer/pda savvy person could do on their own?

No offense, but I don't like the idea that if I re-ROM my phone I have to depend on you to be around to make a custom version of any update Palm comes out with from now on. I mean if they shut you down, or if you just get tired of all the requests or something and disapear, and no one else knows how to make the custom version of their latest patch, are we just SOL until someone else comes along?

--TechDude
    So guys, how is the bluetooth update? Does it work with the carkits? Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and Roses
    Again:

You don't own a modifed ROM and have not been given permission to modify the ROM in any way + post the results to a website for download. If you choose to do so, great for you. Just don't spread bull here claiming what you're doing is legal.
    GNR, I don't think you really answered my question. How do you explain the presence of JackFlash/Sprat over the past few years without any complaint from p1 that at least I'm aware of?

I'm a bit disappointed. You sound intelligent, so I was hoping for a rational dialogue; but that does not seem likely given the tone of your responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDude
    No offense, but I don't like the idea that if I re-ROM my phone I have to depend on you to be around to make a custom version of any update Palm comes out with from now on. I mean if they shut you down, or if you just get tired of all the requests or something and disapear, and no one else knows how to make the custom version of their latest patch, are we just SOL until someone else comes along?

--TechDude
    Good question. I am hoping to figure out the function that checks for validity sometime soon to figure out why it didn't like the new rom. I think it's a accidental glitch this time, they didn't check for the device id (H102), instead they check some ID that was changed in the patch. Hopefully I can figure out the check, and fix our updates to not have that issue again.

If the voice quality patch is not a issue for you, don't worry about patching your rom. I don't blame you for being hesitant now, but I can't believe palm would purposely cause a condition that will have a hundred phones returned due to "incompatibility" with the correct phone.
    I don't know if any of you here ever used IRC, but they had a good idea. On IRC when you ceated a channel (equivilant to a forum thread) you became the moderator of that channel. You could ban people, mute people, make the channel invite only... all kinds of things.

It's too bad we don't have that ability here. We could get rid of a lot of off topic discussions huh?

--TechDude
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDude
    So shadowmite... I know you're working on getting around this issue. But it raises a concern for me.

If I re-ROM my phone and it prevents me from using future updates, how can I PERSONALLY get around that? Is the process you used for the BT car kit update complicated or is it somehting a computer/pda savvy person could do on their own?

--TechDude
    shadowmite extracted the Bluetooth-related files from the Palm update. Unless you're a programmer, you would not be able to do this yourself. What you want is an app like EditROM. But you'll never see one released (for obvious reasons). Just ask Lars why EditROM development was killed off...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    shadowmite.com

[edit: in no way does any of this high end stuff have to do with me, I am Shadowboxer, (tech-lover, tech-*****), the work is done by "shadowmite". Just wanted to clear that up in advance.
    I looked there and it is not there. Unless it is buried in one of Shadowmite's rom upgrades. But thanks anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    GNR, I don't think you really answered my question. How do you explain the presence of JackFlash/Sprat over the past few years without any complaint from p1 that at least I'm aware of?

I'm a bit disappointed. You sound intelligent, so I was hoping for a rational dialogue; but that does not seem likely given the tone of your responses.
    Read what I posted (twice). What I said should be pretty clear if you just think for a second. If I somehow made a number of custom ROMs with Brad's apps and posted them to my website, it would also be illegal. How is that not clear to you?

I don't pretend that my use of hacked files is anything other than what it is. The number of hypocrites posting here is a joke.
    My apologies to the community for thread hijacking. I won't be baited into discourse with this obvious troll anymore. Anyone else wondering if this is SV's new name?

Merry Christmas all! Thanks Shadowmite for all your hard work.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    I looked there and it is not there. Unless it is buried in one of Shadowmite's rom upgrades. But thanks anyway.

<link removed>
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 12/24/2004 at 01:38 PM. Reason: link removed
    But only an ***** would try to pretend the ROM hacks are anything other than warez.
    only an ***** keeps misusing the term warez to describe the rom hack. please, for the good of humanity, throw out your free 18,000 hour AOL disk, go into your bios, and reformat your drive.

you'll sleep easier, safe from all this scary evil hacking.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    only an ***** keeps misusing the term warez to describe the rom hack. please, for the good of humanity, throw out your free 18,000 hour AOL disk, go into your bios, and reformat your drive.

you'll sleep easier, safe from all this scary evil hacking.
    shoot. sorry. i just fed the troll. should have kept reading before posting.

off to start my first 'ignore'.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    I've been lurking on this thread for a while and have to admit so far I've been too much of a chickensh**t to give one of Shadowmite's ROMs a try. I'm reasonably competent with my Treo, but I just want to verify one thing: Once I flash one of the new ROMs, is there any way to go back to the original factory ROM? It looks like Shadowmite has posted the original factory ROM on his website. If I want to go back, do I just follow the same procedure and flash the original one?

(BTW, let me add my compliments and gratitude to Shadowmite and the others here for their incredible work.)
    Well, reflashing to that original one is a two step process, first flashing the original sound quality update, as released from palm, and then flash that other original file which restores the phone firmware to what it was before.

However from what people have said, and I haven't tried myself, their appears to still be something different in the phone. This kept the bluetooth update recently released from installing even after the phones had returned to the original firmware/rom. I'm working on understanding what was different and fixing it. The bluetooth update has already been fixed and is at my site.

If in doubt right now, and voice quality is not a issue, I'd hold off on updating the rom just so I can make sure we can get completely back to stock conditions.
    It appears the ignoramus that posted the "pussies" comment stepped forward. My, my. What a brave little boy! I mistook you for him (it)
    Your comments lead me to a few conclusions:

1. You aren't very bright. I didn't step forward...it was CLEARLY me who posted it in the first place. It was posted under the name "rjmoose". Where can the confusion be?

2. The "him (it)" comment. What are you going to resort to next: "Liar, Liar, pants on on fire" ?

3. Why are you injecting politics into this forum?

4. GO AWAY and be miserable in another forum/thread.

I am done with you...unless you have something to actually contribute to the thread, don't post.
    Shadowmite what do you mean? When did you update the file? and what has been fixed. Appologies if this has been already addressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Well,...The bluetooth update has already been fixed and is at my site.....
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Shadowmite what do you mean? When did you update the file? and what has been fixed. Appologies if this has been already addressed.
    the update as released from palm will not install on a custom rom 650. I had to extract the update from the checker. It's available at the patches/files section for those who can't get the palm official file to work.
    What does the update do? Is it useful to those of us w/o car kits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    What does the update do? Is it useful to those of us w/o car kits?
    No, it just replaced the stock bluetooth files with updated ones, mainly the handsfree panel and the library. This is ONLY for compatibility with the handsfree kits. Using it takes up ram, at least until we add it into the custom roms...
    So these new BT files don't affect BT headset performance, only HF kits for cars right? (sorry, just wanna make sure I'm clear)