Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglerD
    What part of the instructions are you having trouble with? Use a card reader and a PC to get the ROM on the card NOT the Palm. I'm almost confused... the instructions are very strait forward and concise, where are you getting thrown off?
    there's no requirement to use a card reader at all. i upgraded mine without a card reader.

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=220

Palm File Browser. Works great. fast. no need for another device. the T650 *is* a card reader!
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    i do think however that it's getting to be time for a T650-specific FAQ section here on TC. it'd be nice to have the concise instructions for this, and an assortment of other things, in a constant database separate from the forums...
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglerD
    What part of the instructions are you having trouble with? Use a card reader and a PC to get the ROM on the card NOT the Palm. I'm almost confused... the instructions are very strait forward and concise, where are you getting thrown off?

On "which one" to download for the voice fix only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    On "which one" to download for the voice fix only.
    "The original patched rom as released from palm" is the one
    palm released a fix?!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    palm released a fix?!
    Shhhh! Its a secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Thanks.....
    Hmm, what does "sysTrapDmGetLastErr" do??
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Hmm, what does "sysTrapDmGetLastErr" do??
    excuse you?
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    excuse you?

Mooooose!!!!!! Good ta see ya bro! I see we have the same phone again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Shadowmite and others, my apologies for adding to the continued hijacking of this thread by the internet bar association and it's lackeys. I just couldn't not respond to this.

Enough already. Cant you read? We've got the point. I'm now expecting Ally McBeal to chime in at any minute with some dancing Palm baby comment.

Which "employee" at the law firm anyway, the janitor?

If you had bothered to read this whole thread before giving us free legal advice you would know that this subject is HARDLY under Palm's radar and has long ago been reported to slashdot and others. Palm gave the rom loader to faisal so its safe to say they know about all this.

Shadowmite is well aware of everything going on. Give it a rest. If you must continue to belabor the point OPEN ANOTHER THREAD. If you can't talk about the subject at hand, which is the hacking of the rom, please just STFU!!!

Mods my apologies for getting testy
    Nice to see you edited your idiotic rant to remove the part calling those who dare point out the obvious trampling of copyrights "pussies". Very impressive.

I find it amazing that:
    1) People like you aren't banned from this message board.
    2) The moderators don't seem to have any qualms providing a venue for the promotion of what is, essentially warez.

While I admire what shadowmite managed to accomplish without any help from Palm, this thread may wind up damaging PalmOne more than many here appear to have the intelligence to realize. To ignore the bigger picture is a mistake, but I don't expect you to understand why.

If you want to try and get into a pi$$ing contest, go right ahead, puppy. Make sure you bring your lackeys with you to back you up. And scrape you off the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Mooooose!!!!!! Good ta see ya bro! I see we have the same phone again.

Gecko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just "surfing" your website the other day...the original Vision ringers!!!!

Boy, those were the days.....I am loving all this "hacking", I mean "patching" stuff going on for the 650. With all these "Pseudo" Legal Experts around here, this thread could get more interesting and heated than the old "Sprint Users" days.

Great to hear from you!!!!!!

You liking your 650?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and Roses

If you want to try and get into a pi$$ing contest, go right ahead, puppy. Make sure you bring your lackeys with you to back you up. And scrape you off the floor.
    Someone's got issues. Who pissed in your cheerios? Chill out dood.

While you may feel your opinion matters, this is not the forum to voice it in. If you have something constructive to add, then do so. If not and you wanna ***** about the "illegal" activity, take it to the moderators please.

Moose - LOVING my 650. I've had a Palm for years now and I can't believe nobody has hacked the ROM image before this. The closest I've seen was using JackSprat and JackFlash to remove and add progs. It's much better this way.
    Nice to see you edited your idiotic rant to remove the part calling those who dare point out the obvious trampling of copyrights "pussies". Very impressive.

I find it amazing that:
    1) People like you aren't banned from this message board.
    2) The moderators don't seem to have any qualms providing a venue for the promotion of what is, essentially warez.

While I admire what shadowmite managed to accomplish without any help from Palm, this thread may wind up damaging PalmOne more than many here appear to have the intelligence to realize. To ignore the bigger picture is a mistake, but I don't expect you to understand why.

I didnt call anyone a *****. My edit was to correct a spelling error. Good try though. Also I don't appreciate being threatened, and I dont think the mods will think that is all that special either.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Really? I'd be interested in seeing the old Visorphone ringtones. Where is this website?

Gecko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just "surfing" your website the other day...the original Vision ringers!!!!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Ok guys, let's stop with the arguments. Enough. Anyone who has a problem with what we are doing is getting a kick out of your reactions. If you leave them be and don't give them what they want, they'll go elsewhere. As for the bluetooth update issue... Read this post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=27
    PCS Vision Ringers, not visorphone

I used the word "pussies" and I am sticking to it...life is way too short to live it scared

Gecko: Somehow, I knew you had already been down this "hacking" path before
    Ok guys, let's stop with the arguments. Enough. Anyone who has a problem with what we are doing is getting a kick out of your reactions. If you leave them be and don't give them what they want, they'll go elsewhere. As for the bluetooth update issue... Read this post:

shadowmite: you are one OCD driven dude...my kinda guy!!!!!
    Again I apologize for the temporary hijack of this thread.

Yunno GnR I really wonder about you. Are you in politics? I ask be cause you are playing both sides of the fence really well.

In this thread you go on and on about the legalities of what Shadowmite and others are doing with the rom hacks, and yet you post the opposite view in others. You even started one applauding his efforts.

Here are some samples.

For hacking the rom:
    shadowmite, I'd like to thank you for all the work you've done trying to make our Treos more like what they should have been in the first place. Palm should hire you immediately and get rid of some of the dead wood they have working for them now. Your hacks will probably result in many people keeping their Treo 650 that otherwise would have given up and returned them.

I can't believe you've managed to do so much hacking is such a short amount of time. You RULE!!!
    I think Palm should give shadowmite a percentage of the sales of all phones not returned because of his efforts.

And you even suggest hacking of another Palm device
    Could this technique be used to modify the Tungsten 5 ROM? Would it need a new loader and is it possible to get a ROM dump from the T5 to see what files are needed?
    But then you post this here.
    Unfortunately shadowmite, we can't duck the legality issue. blah blah blah (edited to save space)

Be careful.
    I just find it odd that in one thread you are the pillar of righteousness and in others just another warez junky. Pick a position. Waffling is annoying and gets you nowhere. Ask John Kerry.

And the threats are soooo puerile.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson

Hey shadow: where did the "test link" go?
    Hey shadow: where did the "test link" go?
    Read the next post, it works... I think... Don't have a car kit to try, but the files install just fine. I moved it to a link right above the wifi drivers...