Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
    OK...So after doing some experimenting with the rom files that are including with the patch that our buddy Faisal sent us, I tried the command "rev cvt1" instead of 2...It actually sounds like that is working pretty well now...Don't really know the difference, but am going to play around a little more.

Bryan
    I have been looking at my OS files in Filez and it appears that most of my rom files have been updated. The majority of them have a creation date of Dec 12, 04 to Dec 15, 04

This patch appears to be a beta of a complete ROM update that P1 is working on

I hope they are not done, becuase all of the BT files are new but so far I haven't noticed an improvement with anything other than the phone calls.
    Last edited by sxtg; 12/17/2004 at 01:14 AM.
    Does this patch only apply to the CDMA radio or does it aim to improve the BT headset volume issue?
    I don't know It comes all of the OS files, but it didn't fix any BT issues that I can tell.
    I did the update......can't tell if the sound is any better.....atleast things are running with no problem.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Maybe it's a placebo.
  7. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    It appears that a card reader is the best way to install this fix. Since I don't ahve one I started looking on the internet and found there are a ton of them out there. Any recommendations?
    No...Just buy any of them. They all work the same.

Bryan
    Get an internal if you have the know how, nobody needs another thing floating around with a cable.

Here's a link to some from newegg:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/searchProd...er&Order=price
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
  10. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    Get an internal if you have the know how, nobody needs another thing floating around with a cable.

Here's a link to some from newegg:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/searchProd...er&Order=price
    Thanks. I checked out the site but none of the specs say what size slot they fit in 4" or 6". I hope it's 4", I don't have any 6" slots left.
  11.    #71  
    You people have been busy while I was asleep. Updated the main post with the original ROMs and clarified the first part of the installation instructions.
    Anyone who has updated...

Any difference in the sound that comes through Bluetooth headsets (ie; is the ubiquitous low volume issue improved at all as a result of the patch)?

Any difference in how quickly calls are initiated (ie; the annoying long delay between hitting dial and actually seeing the call start)?

Thanks for any feedback on these.
    Thanks Faisal! My family and friends have all confirmed that it's an improvemt. It's still not as good as I would like but, hopefully the next patch will do an even better job. I am going to get a new phone from Sprint this weekend because my speaker/headset is doing weird things--I will test it on the new phone when I get it. Speaking of my new problem, I noticed that after I had used my cassette adapter in my car, I now can only hear my Ptunes or Konami player with the headphones--all other sounds as well--games, programs, etc. But the phone rings and will play through my speakerphone no problem. Also, it won't recognize my mic when i plug a headset in. It's weird because I tried the old 600 file "freedom" and it will allow the sounds to be heard through my speaker again, but then I have to switch the freedom program back to headphones to hear it through them again--and still no mic detected. Has anyone else had this problem? I remember Dutchtrumpet saying something about this?
    By the way--talkin 73. I can't comment on the bluetooth headset improvement (I would doubt it though), but the lag time for call start up is still the same I really hope they can fix that and the memory problems soon. And I guess the bluetooth too, since I really want to get a BT headset.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Guys,

I tried installing this patch last night and was not able to perform the update because according to my 650, there is an ERROR LOADING DEVICE UPLOADER LIBRARY. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks again,

Robert
    Does anyone know about a patch like this for the CDMA Treo600 ? My friend has the verizon and he is pretty unhappy with the sound quality.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Did this new patch mess up the shadowmite Bluetooth fix?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Can all the files be removed from the card after successful update? Sound quality is better with the patch so far and it is not causing any problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    Did this new patch mess up the shadowmite Bluetooth fix?
    Where is the fix and what does it do? Thanks,

Matt
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    um my 650 is finally stable. i think me waits for an official release.
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast