Page 37 of 62 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww
    its the one of shadowmites site. its the stock sprint splash screens with call duration, ## codes, Totals in the Call Log, etc.

I put it in the rom so its there everytime you do a hard reset.
    Did you need to remove anything, like the Sprint overlay?
    I just changed the name of the overlay to PhoneApp_SPCS.cprc and overwrote the one in the ace-palmos.zip file
    BT1.2 would be awesome!!!! I'll donate $10 for BT 1.2.
    Thank you. Working it right now.
    I took a chance and included Snappermail in my latest ROM. I left the associated Snapper files in RAM - works like a charm!

My new ROM includes:

PalmVNC
    KB LightsOut
    HandZipperLite
    VoiceMemo
    TreoHelper
    Snappermail

Removed:
    GetBC
    QuickTour
    Real
    Downloads
    Versamail
    WorldClock

I'm feeling really good about this - and (using my SD for some programs) I have over 16Mb free!
    I just changed the name of the overlay to PhoneApp_SPCS.cprc and overwrote the one in the ace-palmos.zip file
    What should I notice from the overlay?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Okay T/C,

I am not sure I understand all this ROM stuff. I got the Rom update I want, I got Blue tooth softick and I got the windows softick PPP. the rom update is on my desk top then in Shoadowmite's instructions it says:

) You must have a SD card reader/writer for your computer
    1a) Insert your SD card I did this

1b) Change the name of your palm folder if present to bak or whatever other than palm

What palm folder? The one I have on my T650? The one I have on my windows desktop? The one on my T650 is not changable. The one on my desktop in windows is part of the c/palm/folders. change that one? Do I change a palm folder in Filez?

1c) Copy the palm and rom folders inside the zip file onto the root directory of your card

What do you mean the root directory? On my windows desktop I dragged the rom update entire zip file to my "card file located within the bluetooth folder on my windows desktop from softick, then my t650 starts saying it is connected. then my bluetooth folder on my windows starts copying the entire rom zip file into my card via bluetooth on my T650. what is a root folder?

1d) When finished with Faisal's instructions please delete the new folders you added and rename your palm folder back.

What new folders added? A new folder added to my filez on my T650 or a new file folder added on my windows desktop? Or new file folder on my windows desktop in C/palm files/folder?

I have no clue what you guys are doing but I really want this rom update, please hep the stupid t/c member - Mark
    call duration in the call log. thats the big one.

for everyone that downloaded my last rom, the same link you used before contains my latest tested rom.
    I really don't understand why these posts keep getting taken down. I don't understand Treo hacks very well, but I do understand IP. A hack is not somebody else's intellectual property, and showing how to address ROM is also nobody's intellectual property, unless the ROM is encrypted and the hack de-encrypts. Taking down these posts just seems to be surrendering to overreaching.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I can give somebody a number to call me so I can spare all of you the pain it takes to type to help me? Anybody want to hold my hand? I will paypal them.

Mark- The Helen Keller of Treo Central
    call duration in the call log. thats the big one.

for everyone that downloaded my last rom, the same link you used before contains my latest tested rom.
    Where are you posting?
    Anyone that wants my latest ROM Update send me a pm.

Ok my latest rom

Removes:

Realplayer
    GetBC
    Download
    Quick tour

Adds:

DUN
    Handzipper
    KB Lights
    Treohelper
    Patched phone app (Call Duration, ## codes, Totals in the Call Log, etc)
    Voice Memo
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    I really don't understand why these posts keep getting taken down. I don't understand Treo hacks very well, but I do understand IP. A hack is not somebody else's intellectual property, and showing how to address ROM is also nobody's intellectual property, unless the ROM is encrypted and the hack de-encrypts. Taking down these posts just seems to be surrendering to overreaching.
    Text Instructions on how to modify the Treo is fine, as are patches that modify existing ROM files. But you can't patch palmOne's ROM file (IP) and re-distribute the ROM without consent.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    BT1.2 would be awesome!!!! I'll donate $10 for BT 1.2.
    Agreed.
    Actually, even that is debatable because it assumes Palm's ROM is copyrightable. Many courts, as you probably know, have found minimal, if any, copyright in software.
    i'm not redistributing it im simply telling people how to make their own rom and which files need to go where.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    Actually, even that is debatable because it assumes Palm's ROM is copyrightable. Many courts, as you probably know, have found minimal, if any, copyright in software.
    And the copyright they do find tends to be for source code, not compiled or binary code. I am assuming we are flashing complied stuff onto ROM, so...
    perhaps we need a new topic where all the lawyer wannabe's can chat.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I second that Anastrophe!

I'm tired of all these numb-nuts echoing in our halls! Don't you law students have an ACLU meeting to go to?
    I haven't been a law student for almost 40 years! And today's students are most likly studying IP from my books. It's no laughing matter when we pay hyped prices just because companies scream intellectual property.