Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
    Faisal, did you really get in any "trouble" or did Palm just stop working with you? I missed any posts that might hae listed what has happened with you.

I too am sorry if you have suffered any negative impact from helping us all out...the bright side, look what we've all been able to accomplish.
    Oh, and BTW, for those asking....i have never, not once had any probelsm hotsyncing after any of the ROM updates, whether they be Shadowmites or my own custom images.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Faisal, did you really get in any "trouble" or did Palm just stop working with you? I missed any posts that might hae listed what has happened with you.

I too am sorry if you have suffered any negative impact from helping us all out...the bright side, look what we've all been able to accomplish.
    Well i was threatened with Legal Action unless i stop forwarding the ROM. Which i did...

Secondly, they stopped working with me.. that kind of bothered me. For the simple reason i did not know there was a ROM uploader in the files and also no one ever told me to keep the files confidential. It was never talked about.

So i am out of the loop like the rest of us.

I can tell you they are working on it.

BUT WHAT LED ME TO SEND THE FILE WAS:

1. IT WORKED
    2. THEY COULD NOT ANSWER WHEN THE PATCH WOULD BE AVAILABLE TO THE REST OF THE TREO COMMUNITY.

I dont blame the engineers i was working with, i blame the "system" within PalmOne!!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    faisal, any ideas why my Outlook Calender isn't syncing up anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by vchevres
    faisal, any ideas why my Outlook Calender isn't syncing up anymore?
    My Outlook Calendar was not Syncing Either. I spent a few hours Re-installing Outlook conduit and figured out that Outlook needed to be launched in order for the Calendar sync to work.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    My Outlook is launched and still can't sync up. I think it may be due to the ROM I intalled. I think the person that provided it to me might have deleted a file that was needed to sync Outlook. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Out Conduits but still nothing
    I don't even have the rom update but I have had too many problems with syncing with the outlook calendar with the built in conduit. After I reset the outlook folders Pocket mirror 3.1.8 xt works great.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    Thanks for that... I am happy i was able to help you and everyone else.

I too feel the same way you do. i was on my third phone with the same problem. It was frustrating and i was going to return my phone also.
    The sound patch and the info on how to stop the 650 from resetting when I tried to get into Blazer are the only reasons I still have my 650. If it were not for that, I would have returned the thing and gone and tried the 6601 (ppc! heresy!). Thanks to this site, Faisal, Shadowmite and others, I am a happy Treo-er!

I just wonder how the general non-TC viewing public is doing with the device? I am picturing somebody who got one for christmas, but cant get on the web because of the resets and cant call anyone because they are not understood. P1 needs to come out with official fixes ASAP.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I just wonder how the general non-TC viewing public is doing with the device? I am picturing somebody who got one for christmas, but cant get on the web because of the resets and cant call anyone because they are not understood. P1 needs to come out with official fixes ASAP.
    Well if you go in blazer and go to the palmone mobile link, click on news and then other, there is a direct link to treocentral. I don't know if that's always been there or not. But see they are trying to get people to come here to find out how to fix their phones haha
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    The sound patch and the info on how to stop the 650 from resetting when I tried to get into Blazer are the only reasons I still have my 650. If it were not for that, I would have returned the thing and gone and tried the 6601 (ppc! heresy!). Thanks to this site, Faisal, Shadowmite and others, I am a happy Treo-er!

I must have missed it, but did you do to get the T650 to stop resetting when going into Blazer?
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    Well if you go in blazer and go to the palmone mobile link, click on news and then other, there is a direct link to treocentral. I don't know if that's always been there or not. But see they are trying to get people to come here to find out how to fix their phones haha
    I did see that...very handy. GO TC!!!!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    I must have missed it, but did you do to get the T650 to stop resetting when going into Blazer?
    You need to get the FileZ app (its free) and then delete the Blazer Catch and Cookie files. Very easy to do and solves the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316

I had not noticed that! Sounds like implied consent to me! Post those those ROM hacks!!!
    faisal,

do you have a copy of that letter that you were threatened legal action in. I think it would be a nice touch to add to the thread.
    For the people that can't sync with their outlook.

I had this same problem. Make sure after you install all of the necessary files (step one on the cd), you restart, and put the cd in and you can click on the second option (something about setting up er something) and you can tell it to sync with outlook. I can't really remember that well off the top of my head and unfortunately, I'm at work, not home...

Bryan
    Anyone know the difference between the cvt1 and cvt2 on the faisal patch?
    Is it posible to roll your own patch? I see that Shadowmite has a version of the patch that removes Real, GetBC, Download and QuickTour. I like the Real Player, but I'd like to get rid of Calc and World Clock. Is there a trick to customizing this or do you just add and remove the relevent files from Ace-palmos.zip?
    Regards,

Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by rbienstock
    Is it posible to roll your own patch? I see that Shadowmite has a version of the patch that removes Real, GetBC, Download and QuickTour. I like the Real Player, but I'd like to get rid of Calc and World Clock. Is there a trick to customizing this or do you just add and remove the relevent files from Ace-palmos.zip?

Instructions are here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66966

Use at your own risk!
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww
    faisal,

do you have a copy of that letter that you were threatened legal action in. I think it would be a nice touch to add to the thread.
    NO letter... was given to me via telephone.

This guy was pissed...big time.
    what did he say (more specifically)? it seems to me you talked about giving out the patch for a while before you actually did ... if they were indeed monitoring the forum here, they should have had ample opportunity to tell you not to do so ... better yet, they should have covered this with you from the very beginning