Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    One last post before bedtime...

My current ROM is:

Shadowmite's deletion of all useless Sprint files
    No Versamail
    Added Snappermail
    Added Handyzipper Lite
    Added Golf Scorer (great little app for golfers)

ROM size is still at 6,628kb, so I've got room for a little more. I'll see about throwing a couple small games on there tomorrow. If you haven't played Bubblets, it's pretty fun. Probably my first addition...

MAN, THIS ROM UPDATING IS GETTING FUN!!! I just hope I don't screw anything up.

G'night all
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Hello All, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I've tried installing the patch and keep getting an error that says something like "Ace file corrupt or missing". Has anyone else come across this? and more important how do I get around it? Just to make sure this is what I'm doing...
    unzip and extract the files onto a card using a cardreader (all files except the other zip files) I then place the card in the phone and run the romupdater. I type in the codes per the instructions but after I type in ace I get the error

Can anyone help ?
    So whats the consenus, is hotsyncing a problem now or not? I saw one yes and one no....

TS
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Nevermind, I got it working. I wasn't copying all the necessary files.....
    Here's the problem now.... i would love a copy of the ROM that Brickjr put together. That sounds about perfect, but of course that would be sharing registered software....so i guess we can't share our individual ROMs anymore.

I guess as long as we know how to do it ourselves, we should be okay.
    I found that when I hotsync it resets and doesn't complete. Seems to happen at the backing up place, but I had that before. I did a hard reset and syn'd to restore and all appears well.
    Think I'll have to jump on this bandwagon soon when I have more time. Hmmm....think I know what I'll be doing for Christmas!
    So has anyone NOT had problems with syncing? For those who do (or did) have problems, does a hard reset and restore solve the problem? Brutel1, have you tried another hotsync since doing your restore?

If these ROM patches cause hotsync failure, then we're dead in the water until someone figures out why.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I did the ROM (Palm ROM with sound update) update yesterday. Did a restore from BackupMan and I am up and running. No hotsync issues at all. Works everytime.
    It's time for a new discussion board.

"Treo Hacks/Mods" or something like that. its crazy to have to lump all these topics under one thread, I don't have time/patience to read all of it. with a new board these issues could be broken up into easily digestible parts.

if ur concerned about appearances of supporting such actions then make the name less threatening. but don't kill these topics, it's what keeps these boards and the treo alive.
    So has anyone NOT had problems with syncing?
    Not to minimize others' difficulties, but I'm problem-free so far. My only difficulty was that each time I reflashed my ROM, my calendar items were duplicated. A simple hot-synch set to "computer overwrites handheld" solved that problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by vchevres
    Hello All, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I've tried installing the patch and keep getting an error that says something like "Ace file corrupt or missing". Has anyone else come across this? and more important how do I get around it? Just to make sure this is what I'm doing...
    unzip and extract the files onto a card using a cardreader (all files except the other zip files) I then place the card in the phone and run the romupdater. I type in the codes per the instructions but after I type in ace I get the error

Can anyone help ?
    Just move the two folders over onto the card, the palm and rom folders. (Do not mess with anything inside these folders) I was getting the same error as you, but I performed a hard reset and then after I typed ace it went through fine. Try a hard reset, after a backup of course.
    This is so funny. The guy who posted the NY Times distribution example is wrong! Come on people, educate yourself before you speak!!! (or consult an IC attorney)
    The support people that you called are not P1 employees. Palm oursources their support like so many companies now...
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    So has anyone NOT had problems with syncing? For those who do (or did) have problems, does a hard reset and restore solve the problem? Brutel1, have you tried another hotsync since doing your restore?

If these ROM patches cause hotsync failure, then we're dead in the water until someone figures out why.
    Follow up hotsyncs are perfect. I went from 9.4mb available to 10.9 with the new ROM setup. The only thing that I will have to do is reflash as new versions of Chatter are released. I was going to wait until the final came out, but then the "it ain't broke let's make it better, or unusable" side of me took over. FYI, I went through the backup file in the PalmOne folder and deleted the files that I have since put in ROM.
    I just compiled most of the important information into one post named it Treo650 ROM Mods and is available at Treo650 ROM Mods

Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    It's time for a new discussion board.

"Treo Hacks/Mods" or something like that. its crazy to have to lump all these topics under one thread, I don't have time/patience to read all of it. with a new board these issues could be broken up into easily digestible parts.

if ur concerned about appearances of supporting such actions then make the name less threatening. but don't kill these topics, it's what keeps these boards and the treo alive.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    hmm, My Outlook Calender is not syncing up anymore...any ideas ?
    Joe Tampa, is software licensing/use/distribution covered under a copywrite law? Can you educate me on this since you seem to know the law so well....
    Faisal,
    I am very sorry that you got in trouble for helping us. However, had it not been for the "timing" of the patch you sent, PalmOne/Sprint would have lost me for a customer and would have gotten two units back.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamfire
    Faisal,
    I am very sorry that you got in trouble for helping us. However, had it not been for the "timing" of the patch you sent, PalmOne/Sprint would have lost me for a customer and would have gotten two units back.

Thanks for that... I am happy i was able to help you and everyone else.

I too feel the same way you do. i was on my third phone with the same problem. It was frustrating and i was going to return my phone also.