Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    Hey, quick question. Has anyone tried to hotsync since installing the custom roms?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    OK patched, can you tell me where to get the patched file, I own Datebk5.1b and many other apps that I would like to have in ROM...
    You don't need to use a hacked/patched version of Datebk in rom. You can use the original. The reg code is stored in Saved_Preferences... A lot of non-hacked programs can be used in ROM without an issue, as long as they don't update themselves to find registration info.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Hey, quick question. Has anyone tried to hotsync since installing the custom roms?!?
    I have..works fine.
    I see the appeal of removing apps, but why add them? I know that they'll then survive a hard reset, but that's what I have an SD card and BackupMan for.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhodgins

The startup/shutdown file PhoneApp_SPCS_HGB.prc did not work when included in the ROM.

Bill
    There already is a startup/shutdown app in rom. You have to rename your app (or the reference in the boot.conf file). It is called "PhoneApp_SPCS.cprc".

I just renamed my startup/shutdown app to the above name and copied over the original.

Seemed to work fine..
    Only thing is the original seems to be 160k... the new one was only like 122k. I'm hoping that is just size of the picture...
    The appeal of adding apps is to have them in the 8 MB of RAM which is copied from the ROM when you boot up the device rather than in the precious 23 MB of leftover RAM (32 - 8).

Moving Datebk5 to the ROM freed up nearly 800k of space in the 23 MB area of RAM.
    Ohhhh...so what you're saying is that when you remove an app from ROM, that space does not become part of the "available" free RAM? The 8MB for the ROM is reserved no matter what?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Ok one phone call and 3 hours later and I have a new, virgin T650. The guy at the Palm Cafe store sure was nice. No questions asked, just swaped it out. More to follow...
    So what ended up happening with the bluetooth1.2 upgrade, has anyone tried working on that or has it just been decided that it's not a software patchable item.
    Quote Originally Posted by edgefox
    So what ended up happening with the bluetooth1.2 upgrade, has anyone tried working on that or has it just been decided that it's not a software patchable item.
    My understanding is that too many changes would be needed to the PalmOS for one of us to do it. PalmOne could definately do it, but I have my doubts that they ever will. Maybe if enough of us complain....

-Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by edgefox
    It should be software patchable, but I don't know if anyone has found the software yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Yes, and unsuccessfully. I had immediate soft resets everytime. Although I did have a Hotsync/reset problem even before the custom ROM, but not immediate and everytime. I also am using Butler and ePocrates, both of which seem to create Hotsyncing problems.
    OK, so I exchanged my 4th phone for my 5th phone and I'm still having quality problems, even after trying the patch...HELP!

Bryan
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    OK, so I exchanged my 4th phone for my 5th phone and I'm still having quality problems, even after trying the patch...HELP!

Bryan
    Maybe it's you.
    Someone earlier asked this question but I never saw an answer.

Can you use the simulator to test a custom ROM? That would definitely have me testing all kinds of hacks!

--TechDude
    Something interesting I noticed while messing with the ROM... the ROM has files for both Multimail and Versamail (I thought they were the same), so can we delete any files clearly associated with either of those two and free up even more space? For those that have deleted Versamail, which files have you been deleting?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDude
    Someone earlier asked this question but I never saw an answer.

Can you use the simulator to test a custom ROM? That would definitely have me testing all kinds of hacks!

--TechDude
    Unless the simulator also simulates an SD card..... No you cant.
    The sim won't work for this I don't think... It won't allow you to overwrite the tpl and bootloader... So, no, it can't be done that way... But yes, it does support Sd cards!
    My mistake on the Versamial/Multimail thing in the ROM. I saw them both on my phone and associated that with the ROM. However, the ace-palmos.zip file only have MM references. Still, I'd like to know which ones have been deleted successfully.
    I finally got Snappermail installed as part of the ROM and it works perfectly (so far). I've set up my account and done a receive (haven't sent yet) to check. Here's what I did...

Took Shadowmite's ROM (the one with all Sprint "bonus" software deleted), deleted the notepad and voice memo (cuz I know I won't use them), deleted Versamail (just the two files clearly labeled Multimail), and added a patched copy of Snappermail. After that, I made the appropriate changes to the boot.conf file, reran the MD5 check, loaded onto an SD card and ran it.

I do have one question though... when I checked my available memory, it shows 22.4mb available out of 23.7mb. I haven't reloaded any software yet, so it's basically a factory configuration right now (besides the Snappermail account setup stuff I did). Do those totals sound right or have I lost some RAM somewhere?? If anyone has a brand new phone and wouldn't mind checking, I'd appreciate it.