Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    I don't think they'll be able to hear you now. Ouch.
    Now, try a reset while holding the d-pad in all directions... See if anything makes a difference, but if that bar doesn't scroll across, the bootloader is gone.

Had you loaded a rom previously? Or was this your first attempt? I don't entirely think the MSL would be a issue, but I noticed you had a verizon hacked phone and that's the only diff I can think of.

What all did the verizon hack involve?

Did you get any error messages AT ALL during the flash that you know of?
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseRPI
    I don't think they'll be able to hear you now. Ouch.
    Trying.... to..... not..... laugh...... its..........not........funny
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Trying.... to..... not..... laugh...... its..........not........funny
    I know... had to think twice before posting But at least we are all still under warranty.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    This was the first try. No error messages at all and I got the please hard reset message. All the Verizon hack involved was changing the MSL and then loading the Verzion PRL into it so it would be recognized on the system.
    Hmm, all I can think of is the MSL code is directly related to the programming of NV ram, which is what this sound quality update is all about. Thus when the MSL was not what it expected, the NV write went bad and the bootloader got corrupted. I'm sorry to tell you, it's dead...

Goodluck with the return, hacking it to verizon technically might be "voiding" the warranty! Hopefully, with the rom flash they won't find the Verizon PRL stored in it...

Just to add, I've posted a big warning now on my webpage about the potential problems being a Verizon hacked phone.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Oh well it was fun while it lasted. Thanks anyhow. Thats what I get for being on the cutting edge I guess.

Mo
    Does the screen stay on while in the batt is out?

Try plugging it in and doing a hard reset with and then without the battery installed.
    I remember the older palms would reset differently if they were in the cradle.

P.S. IF this does anything different imediately tell shadow before you do anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by brutel1
    Did you just add Datebk5.prc and the icon file? Then run md5, edit that. Add Datebk5 into the boot.conf? Do the icons get added to the boot.conf also? Did I miss anything?

I added datebk5.prc and Icons-DATEBK5-HI.PRC to the zip file. Then I modified the boot.conf file and added both of the above file names as romDB= entries.

I ended up recompressing everything with maximum compression inside the zip, since my file was too big.

Then did the ran a program to calc MD5 and edited the MD5 file with the info.

ran the rom update procedure..
    Shadow,

I noticed that compressing with a higher compression ratio of the zip file seemed to allow me to add more files. Still ran into a limit of just under 7mb for the zip file. I thought I could put more. Is it a limit in the memory that is used to load the files into ROM, or an actual memory limit of how much we can put into Rom?
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Shadow,

I noticed that compressing with a higher compression ratio of the zip file seemed to allow me to add more files. Still ran into a limit of just under 7mb for the zip file. I thought I could put more. Is it a limit in the memory that is used to load the files into ROM, or an actual memory limit of how much we can put into Rom?
    Well, I still don't understand it for sure, but in gfunkmagic's post:
    Boot Code (< 1 MB)
    Compressed ROM (8 MB)
    So what appears to be happening is that 1mb is RESERVED for the bootloader, regardless of it's size (~128k in this rom)...
    So,
    This thread has inspired me. I removed Multimail and added in Datek5 & Hi res icons and added in Chatter. I don't have service at home so I can't really try everything out until tomorrow, but so far so good. I did it my way!
    I am glad it inspired you, it scared me! I am going to leave this to the experts and only download from Shadowmites site.
    I took Shadowmite's "Rom update with DUN, voice memo, notepad, no real, no GetBC, no Download, No Quick Tour" and then added:

Colorize
    DateBk5
    FontSubst
    KeyCaps600

and all went well. TreoGuard works okay when in the ROM but errors (freezes) when you try to add your registration code. I assume it's trying to modify itself, and therefore is not a good candidate for inclusion in the ROM.

The startup/shutdown file PhoneApp_SPCS_HGB.prc did not work when included in the ROM.

Bill
    What files did you delete to remove Multimail (versamail)?
    I assume the added apps to the ROM are cracked ones.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    I assume the added apps to the ROM are cracked ones.
    AHEM!
    "patched"
    Off subject, are you telling me someone has gotten treo gaurd to work for mp3 ringtones? Everytime I tried it just ring silent...
    OK patched, can you tell me where to get the patched file, I own Datebk5.1b and many other apps that I would like to have in ROM...
    Treoing & Loving it
    I'm inspired as well...I removed Versamail and added PalmVNC to Dothedeww's version.

So my ROM includes:

PalmVNC
    KB LightsOut
    HandZipperLite
    VoiceMemo
    TreoHelper

Removed:
    GetBC
    QuickTour
    Real
    Downloads
    Versamail
    Last edited by Bujin; 12/20/2004 at 09:09 PM.