Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    Filez doesn't function properly in the rom.

Pocket Tunes doesn't work at all, just causes soft resets.
    could one of you successful folks post a step by step for adding. I got the earlier one for removing and think I have it down but haven't tried it yet.

I would like to add DB5, clockpop5, snapper(if possible), kb lights off, treoshutter, keycaps 600, and direct assist if possible. All of those little apps that are always on.

what do ya think?
    dutch I can tell you right now. Don't bother with DA just soft resets after fetching the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww
    dutch I can tell you right now. Don't bother with DA just soft resets after fetching the info.
    thanks for the info
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Ok so followed the instructions but when I went to hard reset the t650 is now just stuck on the "palmOne" screen. No moving bar and it is just frozen. tried taking the battery out and reset but no luck. Any ideas?

Mo
    Quote Originally Posted by SloMo
    Ok so followed the instructions but when I went to hard reset the t650 is now just stuck on the "palmOne" screen. No moving bar and it is just frozen. tried taking the battery out and reset but no luck. Any ideas?

Mo
    OUCH

Mo
    I guess you've tried another hard reset? sorry, I'm sure you're freaking

Mo

Didn't mean to sound like I don't care...... I am just thinking about what to try
    I think its time for you to put the Sprint extended warantee to use.
    First what was it you tried to load? one of shadows or one of your own? If your own what did you take out or what did you add?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I loaded shadows T650 with ext no Real BC\ROM and took out the voicememo. It seemed to laod just fine and I got the please hard reset message. But when I did that, well you know the rest.

Mo
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    I made it and loaded it already..

Tried to Add Adobe Acrobat reader..but I couldn't fit it in.. I guess I could remove versa mail and then add that in..
    Did you just add Datebk5.prc and the icon file? Then run md5, edit that. Add Datebk5 into the boot.conf? Do the icons get added to the boot.conf also? Did I miss anything?

Mo
    Did you mess with the other zip files?!?!!! The only one you can change is the ace-palmos.zip... If you change the others your bootloader will be destroyed... What did you change exactly? Did it complete? Did it give a error message? It sounds like you currupted your boot loader if the palm logo screen will not go away.

Let me again state, THIS IS DANGEROUS, I POSTED SAFE ROMS, IF YOU CHOOSE TO MESS WITH IT YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!

That being said, please describe what your phone does exactly, trying a hard reset, etc... Hopefully we can help you, but it might be toast.
    It looks like a trip to Sprint.

Harsh sorry man
    Did you have your phone hacked to Verizon!?! Do NOT install a hacked sprint rom for a verizon phone without first restoring the factory MSL code!!! Is that what happened?

Has anyone else tried this on a Verizon hacked phone??
    Last edited by shadowmite; 12/20/2004 at 07:00 PM.
    What was the result in the end with the sound patch? Is it really effective?
    -=mUnky=-

mUnkys.COM
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    The only file I changed was the ace-palmos.zip. I deleted the VoicePad-VPad.prc and the VoicePad-VPad_enUS.prc. I went into the boot.conf file and deleted the folowing line: romDB=VoicePad-Vpad.PRC
    romDB=VoicePad-Vpad_enUS.prc

I ran the MD5 program on the new ace-palmos.zip and replaced the value on the md5 file. The whole process completed and I got the "please hard reset" message. Now Im jsut stcuk at the Palmone screen. Oh wll looks like Im screwed now doesnt it?

EDIR: No I did not change the MSL back to the Sprint one. If thats the case I guess a disclaimer for all those Verizonized phones is in order.

Thanks for the help. I guess its a trip to the Palm store to see what I can do.

Mo
    Last edited by SloMo; 12/20/2004 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Update:
    I don't have the files in front of me, but i don't think voicepad was the one you were supposed to delete. I believe the file was called VoiceMemo. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. But in theory, what you did should still have worked unless something else is referring to that file. It sounds like it update fine. I'll ask again, have you tried doing another hard reset?
    also, and it's just a longshot guess, after hard reset, let it sit. and i mean, let it sit. let it do whatever it is/isn't doing for a good five minutes.

i've run into weird places where sometimes just letting the darned hardware think for a while may be all it needs.

as i said, longshot. bigtime. i suspect you're probably toast.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I've tried another hard reset but I think what Shadowmite said above is the problem. I Verizonized my phone and changed the MSL to "000000". According to him, I should have changed it back to the Sprint MSL before loading the ROM. Like I said, unless there is a way out of this I think its back to the Palm One store.

MO