Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by horsmanp
    After upating the firmware my software under phone info now says "treo650-1.03-SPCS" I think it used to be 1.00 can someone else confirm who hasent added the patch yet?
    no....it was 1.03. I checked that on my first 650 before thanksgiving as well as this afternoon when I installed the patch...also see post #353 here...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&page=18&pp=20

from user "bofh"

the patch does not change the version info
    Quote Originally Posted by horsmanp
    After upating the firmware my software under phone info now says "treo650-1.03-SPCS" I think it used to be 1.00 can someone else confirm who hasent added the patch yet?
    I haven't patch my phone yet, and it shows 'treo650-1.03-SPCS' in phone info.
    my unpatched phone says treo650-1.03-spcs
    Well the second phone didnt work....that was before updating vision and hot syncing...damn... Guess I have some bad kharma that felt like kickin me in the balls...

Bryan
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    If you don't have a card reader, the quickest way would be to download a trial of "cardexportII" that will allow your treo to become a "card reader" via your usb cable.
    Or use Palm File Browser. Its free and works great!
    whole folder to the root directory... it went quickly and easily for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Hte2w8
    In the Rom file...do I just move the entire folder over to the sd card? Or do I go into the Rom folder, extract all the files from each folder and then move them in no specific order?
    I know im gonna screw this up
    put the installer in your palm/launcher directory and the ROM folder on the
    highest directory
    Got cardexportII...but dont know if I treansfer the entire folfers over (there are a lot of folies inside the rom folder, some zipped), or if I extract the all to the rom folder...or if I extract them into their own folder?
    Got cardexportII...but dont know if I treansfer the entire folfers over (there are a lot of folies inside the rom folder, some zipped), or if I extract the all to the rom folder...or if I extract them into their own folder?
    just move the ROM folder to you sd card. Top directory.
    question - I haven't experienced major voice complaints - only when very windy - if I have one of the "good" or "better" phones, should I do the update - or leave as is?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    In the Rom file...do I just move the entire folder over to the sd card? Or do I go into the Rom folder, extract all the files from each folder and then move them in no specific order?
    I know im gonna screw this up

The entire ROM file needs to be in the root directory of the card. The PRC in the "palm folder" needs to be in the PALM/launcher folder on your card.

You can just copy the entire palm folder to your card as well, however you probably already have a palm folder on it and don't want to replace it. You can also avoid replacing folders, or putting them in the wrong place by using a blank card you might have laying around. (thats what I did)

I hope that makes sense. Its late and I am tired.
    Ok..Im to retarded to do this. I guess I'll have to suffer until an easier way comes along. Thanks for trying to help.
    Ok..Im to retarded to do this. I guess I'll have to suffer until an easier way comes along. Thanks for trying to help.
    it is real tricky
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    Same here... though I haven't done a hotsync yet. Is there any reason to believe that the first hotsynch is the culprit?
    As soon as I got off the phone activating my second phone, I made a phone call before hot syncing and updating vision. Still was getting the same problems...I don't think it is the hot sync. I think it just works for some phones and doesn't for others. Kinda like some people got good phones and the rest of us deal with this crap
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

How do I know if I truly have a good phone, or I am just more tolerable than most? lol

By a card reader they are cheap. When you plug your card in a window will come up with all the folders on it, and I think you will see what we are trying to say. You can't hurt the phone by having the files in the wrong place on the card (it just wont update) so play with it a bit.
    Call yourself and talk into the Treo. Make sure that the microphone on your other phone is away from your face. Try talking a little louder than normal and try for about a minute. Try background noises (TV, Music). If you can talk no stop without hearing your voice chop, then you have a good phone.

Bryan
    I bought three 650's and I have the same problem with all of them. Two are from palmone one is from sprint.
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast