Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    Sailrace,

Excellent job with the tutorial. I couldn't of said it better myself.

For people looking for a good MD5 utility shadowmite posted one on here, I believe on page 17. Really easy to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    SXTG - THANK YOU FOR THAT WARNING! EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS ONE.

I hope people caught it before its too late
    Agreed
    Ok... After spending some time.. I made my ultimate rom (for me)..

Started with Shadowmite's rom, BT dun with Notepad and Voicepad no BC, No Real, No Download, No Quicktour...

Took out World time clock..

Added:
    PalmVNC
    Strip
    Datebk5
    Hi Res Icons for Datebk5
    TreoHelper
    KBLightsOff
    FindHack
    Enhanced Startup shutdown screen

Works great..less filling!!
    Is this made or for the wishlist? Do tell....
    I made it and loaded it already..

Tried to Add Adobe Acrobat reader..but I couldn't fit it in.. I guess I could remove versa mail and then add that in..
    What files are the world clock? I'm gonna take that out on my next build.
    clock and clock_enus
    well thats easy enough, how did you get findhack working since it requires a key??
    I'm heading home for the evening...keep up the good work gents. I can't wait to read the latest and greatest tomorrow morning.

Mogul, if only i knew what half of those were. I'm still very much a noob when it comes to Palms (this is my first one) so what does Treohelper, KBlightsoff, findhack, and strip do? I assume PalmVNC is a virtual network client? Is this a free program is is registration required? So many questions still.......but lord are we having fun now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    However 2nd question - when I reflash my ROM and then restore from BackUpBuddy, I end up with duplicated Calendar items; any clue how to prevent that from happening?
    I've had that happen, I wish I knew why, and an easy way to fix it.

jc
    I actually have used World Clock. I would like to get rid of VersaMail and get Chatter or Snappermail in there. If there's room get Bejeweled 2 in there. FileZ would be nice also. Definately Datebk.....
    How did you do the Datebk and Icons load? That's a hefty file that would save me some space.
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww
    well thats easy enough, how did you get findhack working since it requires a key??
    A lot of programs like Findhack and Datebk5 store their registration in the Saved Preferences file. So when you register, it doesn't actually change the the program's PRC.
    I like what Shadowmite has done, but I don't need Notepad and Voice memo and would like to remove, I know there are four files to remove. My question is, do i need to run checksum after that?

Also, has anyone tried adding Pocket Tunes to the ROM. I've read some posts claiming adding a PRC to ROM that requires registration is okay because the password is stored somewhere else, yet I also read that PRC's that need to be registered can't be loaded to ROM. Anybody, please clarify.

This is awesome!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    A lot of programs like Findhack and Datebk5 store their registration in the Saved Preferences file. So when you register, it doesn't actually change the the program's PRC.
    Can you post or send how to add Datebk5 & icons please. I would probably take Shadowmite's, delete Versamail and add Datebk5. See how that works.
    Brutel1
    Back on post #552, you mentioned there are two files each for VoiceMemo and Notepad, but you also said remove from config. I found the 4 files, but how do I remove it from the config?
    Quote Originally Posted by jandrion
    Brutel1
    Back on post #552, you mentioned there are two files each for VoiceMemo and Notepad, but you also said remove from config. I found the 4 files, but how do I remove it from the config?
    You open boot.config with notepad and remove the 4 references to those files.

jc
    great.. I don't have a card reader
    Dude they are like 9 dollars... You got a treo650 and a 9 to 19 dollar usb card reader is aproblem? Do you also drive around in an Escalade with 2 gallons of gas? heh
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    Is there any part of Calender that can be removed when Datebook5 is installed? When I look through the files, I find CalenderDB uses 945k, Datebook5 uses 1014k, and DatebookDB uses 945k also. Thats almost 2m of DB files.

jc