Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Shadowmite

Which files do i delete to take out the Original plus.prc?

I tried it and my phone is soft resetting every time i try to hotsync.
    Dont know if that is the problem or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    Shadowmite

Which files do i delete to take out the Original plus.prc?

I tried it and my phone is soft resetting every time i try to hotsync.
    Dont know if that is the problem or not.
    The phone_spcs file that is in ram...

Sorry I've been gone for a bit... I started messing with a treo 600 and scared myself! The activation code in it is 68k assembler, not arm... Thus I can mod the phone for no msl very easily... I found you can reset the life timer, the NV ram of the phone, the ESN! It's pretty bad... I need to stop.
    Has anyone successfully built a ROM without VersaMail? If so, can you list *exactly* which files need to be removed? Thanks!!
    dzenc, removing multimail files will get rid of it, I won't recommend removing anything else without downloading the versamail demo of the net and find out what files are in it...
    Okay, so I've been lurking and learning, and I think you guys are doing an awesome job. However, we're not all going to get the exact ROMs we want just by begging someone to create them for us (i.e. Shadowmite, or now it looks like DootheDeww). Can either of you guys give a brief explanation of how to add files to the ROM. I've done some looking around in the ROMs I've downloaded from Shadowmite's site, and (if I'm looking at the right things), it doesn't seem excessively difficult. It appears that I need to take the files I want to add to the ROM, add them in the ace-palmos.zip file, then update the boot.conf file to recognize the newly added files. I know there's issues with the types of files and registration issues for certain programs. Also, it seems like no one has figured out yet exactly what's considered a "romdb" vs. a standard "db" in the boot file. Am I even on the right track or do I just need to hang my head and go back to lurking?!? Either way... thanks for all the great work so far!!
    Shadow... Here's a great idea!

Could you or some one else PLEASE see if it is possible to add the Java pluggin for the Treo into Rom?!!?

http://pluggedin.palmone.com/regac/pluggedin/Java.jsp

This would be absolutely incredible if possilbe!
    The Java pluggin takes alot space in ram and it is incredibly useful for a myriad of apps like Reqwireless Webviewer and etc. Furthermore if recent news is true about Sprint about the release it's java based LBS (location based services) or GPS API's, then this would only make it even more powerful on the Treo!!!

http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules...rticle&sid=652

I truely hope that not all LBS will be java based, but if they are, then this would be a very important feature if you want to access the integraed GPS features of the Treo 650...

Just create a Rom without all the crap like Tour, Real etc and ADD the java plugin it would be golden....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Shadowmite,

I used the PRC that included the "on/off" added to the Palm screen. unfortunately, it also disabled the GPRS. Can you release one that enables the GPRS but keeps the "on/off showing?. Thanks!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Is anyone else having a problem with Voice Memo causing a reset when in ROM?

EDIT: Never mind; deleted the VoiceMail DB and I'm up and running. However 2nd question - when I reflash my ROM and then restore from BackUpBuddy, I end up with duplicated Calendar items; any clue how to prevent that from happening?
    Last edited by Bujin; 12/20/2004 at 07:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    Shadowmite,

I used the PRC that included the "on/off" added to the Palm screen. unfortunately, it also disabled the GPRS. Can you release one that enables the GPRS but keeps the "on/off showing?. Thanks!!!
    To fix this go into the phone part. Click the options button. From the options menu select "Phone Preferences". Uncheck "Enable Location Privacy". The red line will go away.

Just an FYI. That is the Location Privacy notification icon not GPRS. When it is enabled Sprint and others have an easier time tracking where you go. I recomend leaving it disabled to help protect your privacy.
    Shadowmite- I second the request to have java built into the ROM. I have been holding off on loading some of my favorite apps because java takes up so much room!

Thanks!
    Yes Java would be Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    It's bigger because these jpeg have twice the resolution of course!
    Oooh (Homestars voice)...2+2=4...
    Thanks, didn't click to that, now I see why YOU do the hacking and not me...LOL

Keep a hack'n!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    To fix this go into the phone part. Click the options button. From the options menu select "Phone Preferences". Uncheck "Enable Location Privacy". The red line will go away.

Just an FYI. That is the Location Privacy notification icon not GPRS. When it is enabled Sprint and others have an easier time tracking where you go. I recomend leaving it disabled to help protect your privacy.
    Thanks for the response.I'll leave it disabled. just thought it was an important feature or something.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    gfunk java wont fit in the rom, already tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww
    gfunk java wont fit in the rom, already tried.
    any success with ptunes yet?
    made it fit but it just soft resets when it tries to launch. seems like it needs to write something when it launches.
    Shaowmite, i know there have been many requests for various individual ROM updates, and what i'm looking for would hopefully be an easy alteration for you. Let me know fi you can do this and post it to your site.

ROM update with DUN
    Remove RealPlayer, Get BC, Quick Tour(tutorial), but leave Downloads their (in case people want ot buy software from the sprint store.) Also, don't include the voice memo or the notepad (i would never used these applications, and the 5-way support is terrible anyway.)

Let me know if that is too much to ask.
    just to tell you the the downloads button is just a shortcut to the vision download page. you can still use the sprint downloads without the button. on my last build i took out notepad but left the voice recorder and added handzipper lite, kb lights, and treo helper. if you want it send me a pm.

if you want a customized rom read through this whole thread, there is enough info to tell you how to make your own. thats what I did.
    wow I just caught up with this thread, sheeesh 26 pages of threads take quite of bit your lunch to catchup on.

First off WTG everyone who contributed to making this happen.

Has anyone by chance written any instructions on how to make your own rom file? I think I got the 'basics' down but want to make sure I have everything covered since i would only like to have to hard reset once.

I'm using the ROM - DUN w/ no download no BC no Real

I'm adding the files I want to AcePalmOS

I'm updating the MD5 checksum

The rest has been covered extensivly on how to load through SD card. Anything else?

BTW which file is the one capped by 7.97mb? the ace-palmos file? It's currently 6.40mb does this mean I can put 1.5mb in it? Also what are the differences in the file types in this file? Some are BPRC and some are OPRC some are normal PRC's it seems.

TS
    Last edited by turbosteve; 12/20/2004 at 12:12 PM.
    Yep, it's not very hard to manipulate the roms. We just need to understand how it all works still. I believe programs which check their registration at startup are all based on changing a bit or two in their own code. Thus they can not exist in rom. I can look at java, how big was it? I believe doothedeww is right if he says he tried it. He seems to know what he's doing also!

I will be working with Euroclie later today trying to get our Wifi drivers more stable... You guys should be good to make your own roms here. I'll let doothedeww lead the way! If you do need help, you have my email at my site, or pm here and I'll do my best. But I really got a HUGE number of requests for just slightly different roms! Way to many to actually make them all! doothedeww, can you write up a little tuturial on how to modify the rom package?