Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Not possible, I believe they changed chips or chips suppliers between the 600 and 650.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Those pics of the GSM phone almost confirm what I thought. So, anyone with a GSM treo 600 wanna try hacking a 650 CDMA to GSM!? Seriously though, it might be possible, but lets not because that would be a violation of FCC rules...
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I heard they made the modems themselves this time, but I think they are very similar... It's doubtful I'll admit. I just mentioned it cause if I had a GSM 600 I'd be checking pin layouts!

Anyway, goodnight, I'm really going to sleep this time...
    Well CDMA TO GSM not sure but sprint to verizon done!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&page=1&pp=20

Check out the attached JPEG...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'd be happy to work with you too... But on what!? There are so many things to play with... Are they suggesting a clone of callfilter? I think that will be updated for the 650 as soon as the GSM comes out...
    Hey Shadow, here's a couple hacks that need immediate attention!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63276

Apparently Spint has hard coded a number of limitations into blazer and Verichat. First they limited the total download file size in blazer to 2 MB and they have also limited the total size of attachments you can add to versamail (especially for video files in order to presumably force you to buy their extra $5/month video mail addon). Both these are very annoying and would be awesome if possible to hack! Thanks!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    shadow what utility would I use to edit the boot file to add in the entrys for apps I added to the zip file? I'm thinking pocket tunes and filez.

P.S. The version of pocket tunes that I have does not require a key since I got it from Vision.
    shadowmite and jeffgibson, please see the following new sticky if you haven't already done so:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66196

we've begun compiling a list of fixes that we think would be reasonable...shadowmite, this list was intended to be for any p1 types lurking the board--i've downloaded your Wifi and DUN patches and appreciate your work!

MODERATORS, please sticky this current thread as well and maybe the name should be changed to reflect the focus of the discussion (ROM updates or something like that?)
    Last edited by acousticbiker; 12/19/2004 at 08:41 AM.
    Another ROM request: I think most people on this board use 3rd party launchers and date book/contact programs. Can you create a version without p1's "applications, calendar, contacts, memos, and tasks" programs? I've done this in the past on a Kyocera 7135 with Agendus and Launcher X loaded using JackFlash and JackSprat. It seemed to work without any problems if just the apps were deleted (and the DB maintained). This would save even more memory. I feel somewhat hesitant on the "Applications" program, though, because in some situations, the palm OS seems to default to that program (like inserting an SD card)...
    Am I missing something? There are requests to create a version of the ROM that is missing certain applications, and Shadowmite has created one without several programs.

BUT. As I understand it, the PALM OS copies the entire ROM memory space into RAM when in use. No matter how many programs you delete, isn't the same amount of memory going to be used? If so, then what's the point in removing Real Player, VersaMail, or anything else from ROM?

Now, if we could load other programs into the ROM image instead, that would be a real gain, but that seems a lot more difficult, and a lot less likely.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Ok, here is my thoughs (you smell smoke yet?)
    ShadowMite has a point, it would have to be regesterd version of Pocket Tunes and or Snapper and each persons is diffferent. If he put a trial version, would that even work long term, and could you register it? But more importantly is PT and Snapper update a lot and then you wold have to have a RAM version to "overwrite"(take priority I guess is a better term?) the ROM (or reflash) and it would be counter productive. Plus Shadow made it clear (at least the way I read it), he doesn't mind removing, it;s the adding of some software he is leary about.

So here is my theory (and some others from reading this thread)
    Make a ROM update without the Sprint fluff (GetBC, QuickTour, their downloads (software,ringers and such), Real Player and VersaMail.
    Then add Voice Pad and Note Pad, as well DUN and a couple other small things to fill up the 8M. Then we can keep the PT and Snapper in RAM were it can be updated and not be in two places if it is. I wish there was a way to get more RAM if the ROM was smaller, this would also be great. Anyway, I'll read this thread again before I post anymore questions that might allready be answed here.

CAN WE GET THE GRAFFITI ENGINE FROM THE T5 on HERE TOO? (I assume that there is a full screen write version)

Thanks SM, you will be getting some cabbage from me soon (via Pay Pal).

Keep hacking till you can't hack no more
    Thanks, Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Am I missing something? There are requests to create a version of the ROM that is missing certain applications, and Shadowmite has created one without several programs.

BUT. As I understand it, the PALM OS copies the entire ROM memory space into RAM when in use. No matter how many programs you delete, isn't the same amount of memory going to be used? If so, then what's the point in removing Real Player, VersaMail, or anything else from ROM?

Now, if we could load other programs into the ROM image instead, that would be a real gain, but that seems a lot more difficult, and a lot less likely.
    Just saw this. Yes, I read this thread as the ROM will always be 8M so removing RP and VM from ROM will only make it were you will not have to deal with it in your app launcher or ever see it, which you can do with Invisiable sort of. SO the cats meow would be to replace the void with apps that you can use that would have been in RAM, thus freeing up RAM, like VoicePad, Memo Pad and Graffiti and such. As I said, I really wich that the 8M size could ne changed. It is hard coded ont he board with resistors, or is it a software flag somewhere else?
    ShadowMite has a point, it would have to be regesterd version of Pocket Tunes and or Snapper and each persons is diffferent. If he put a trial version, would that even work long term, and could you register it?
    Okay, then let me ask a question: I currently use Snapper (1.9) and probably won't be upgrading anytime soon. If I were to put it into the ROM folder, would the registration be recognized? And would it still handle my e-mail messages/folders the same way?

Not that I would actually do this, but it's piqued my curiosity.
    Last edited by Bujin; 12/19/2004 at 10:05 AM.
    The patches have been working great for me. The only strange thing that I found is when I turn the radio off, the date and time reset to 1/1 and 12:00pm. I use the network time feature. Manually it stays though. Anyone else? Any thoughts?
    Shadowmite,
    I like the most recent patch, is it possible to get rid of "software" and "welcome" apps. I think by then we would have skimmed the patch to the bear minimum.
    Also, in earlier threads you had mentioned that users could customize their own pathces, i.e. I could create a patch with some of the registered apps I have and load it, is that still possible? Since the phone is going to copy 8MB regardless of what apps are loaded in the patch.

Your wish is my command. It'll be up on my site in 1 minute... Tested and working, I've also finally eliminated the Quick Tour... It was the tutorial files...
    Treoing & Loving it
    Also, in earlier threads you had mentioned that users could customize their own pathces, i.e. I could create a patch with some of the registered apps I have and load it, is that still possible? Since the phone is going to copy 8MB regardless of what apps are loaded in the patch.
    And a follow-up: how much memory has been freed up by eliminating Real...etc.? It might give some ideas as to what/how much we could add.
    Without any added apps, it's around 6.4meg. Welcome can not be removed, the phone MUST run it after a hard reset! I'll work on instruction as to how to make your own custom roms, but there are some rules:

Any app which changes it's code while running, who knows what'll happen (programs you register with a code). The ideal way would be a cracked version of the program, but only if you have already paid for it!

You can't go over 7.97 meg or something to that effect... If you get a warning during the flash that the file was too big, you MUST reflash to a working rom before you reset the phone!

You need to add application to the zip file, and the boot.conf record in alphabetical order. Furthermore, there are two types of records in the boot.conf, romdb and db. It's possible db entries can be overwritten and thus copy themselves to ram. I have not explored this.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm getting a lot of requests for custom rom's. I'll do my best to give you all what you want, but I'm trying to keep it legal also.

I'll soon have the original splash screens restored thanks to IRONH1!
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Yes! thanks Jeff & Shadow.

Thanks for the link Woof. I am so excited about the confidence Jeff has in fixing BT! Hopefully shadow can include it in a rom flash. SWEEEEEET!
    Here is my first try at this mute issue. Can some people give it a try and let me know if it works. If it does then I will open a new thread.

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    No idea what I am talking about, but if I send you BT files could you compare against yours? Would it help?
    What files are you talking about? I have or think I have the full beta sdk.
    I was refering to shadow's coment that P1 might release different versions, becuase his was fine. I wondered if its possible to compare my stack with his
    call me mr. doom and gloom, but i have a pretty strong feeling that by mid-morning tomorrow, shadow's roms will be gone at P1's request. so download them now, i'd suggest, whether you think you'll want them or not.

of course, once the memory fix/patch is released, these roms will likely all be moot anyhow.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    but messing w/flashing rom way over my head!... what's the worse that can happen? btw..r u overclocking your 650 shadow?