Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1233
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by keats
    just to make sure, if this doesn't work on my phone i can hard reset it to bring it back to it's original state right?
    I believe faisal mentioned in the other thread that they had given him a copy of the original ROM as well in case things get screwed up. So as long as your Treo still functions well enough to run the ROM flashing program, you should be able to restore it by getting that from him.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV
    I believe faisal mentioned in the other thread that they had given him a copy of the original ROM as well in case things get screwed up. So as long as your Treo still functions well enough to run the ROM flashing program, you should be able to restore it by getting that from him.
    Fasial, could you please post the original ROM as well just in case? Maybe you can email it to one of the other posters and they can add a link or two to the first message in this thread...
  3. #23  
    I installed the patch and my father (who always complained and would eventually want to hang up) said I couldn't sound better!

    If this holds up for a couple of days, I will definately send some money to the MAN!

    Thanks for sharing even after all of the doubts!
  4. faisal's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by keats
    just to make sure, if this doesn't work on my phone i can hard reset it to bring it back to it's original state right?

    I dont think so.i have the origonal Sprint ROM that came with the phone. If you need it please let me know

    Thanks
  5. faisal's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I installed the patch and my father (who always complained and would eventually want to hang up) said I couldn't sound better!

    If this holds up for a couple of days, I will definately send some money to the MAN!

    Thanks for sharing even after all of the doubts!
    You are welcome...i am glad i helped out.

    Please give me your feedback on how things go.
  6. faisal's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick325
    Fasial, could you please post the original ROM as well just in case? Maybe you can email it to one of the other posters and they can add a link or two to the first message in this thread...

    I will be happy to send the origonal ROM.. I dont know how to send it to one of the other posters. If you send me an email i will send it to you and you can post it.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I installed the patch and my father (who always complained and would eventually want to hang up) said I couldn't sound better!

    If this holds up for a couple of days, I will definately send some money to the MAN!

    Thanks for sharing even after all of the doubts!
    good news!!! My Dad was my big complainer too.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    I will be happy to send the origonal ROM.. I dont know how to send it to one of the other posters. If you send me an email i will send it to you and you can post it.
    If you send it to me , I will host it like I did with the patch.
    Last edited by RealDeal71; 09/01/2008 at 10:20 AM.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    good news!!! My Dad was my big complainer too.

    I would tell him that I know several people who don't bother calling thier dads.

    He would reply: If they have that fancy phone of yours I am sure thier dads are greatful.

    P.S.
    Thanks for the PM reply
  10. faisal's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl
    If you send it to me @ realdeal99@gmail.com, I will host it like I did with the patch.
    DONE
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    DONE
    Huge improvement for mine and my wife's 650. My in-laws and my Dad have b!tched constantly since we got them but say they sound great now!!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    I will be happy to send the origonal ROM.. I dont know how to send it to one of the other posters. If you send me an email i will send it to you and you can post it.
    Faisal was kind enough to send me the ORIGINAL ROM... I have hosted it for everyone... download away until my host shuts me off

    CLICK HERE FOR ORIGINAL ROM
  13. #33  
    I've hosted this also at http://caslis.com/devices/treo650/fi...ficia.plmo.zip or just go to http://caslis.com/devices/treo650/files/ and click on the file you want.

    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl
    Faisal was kind enough to send me the ORIGINAL ROM... I have hosted it for everyone... download away until my host shuts me off

    CLICK HERE FOR ORIGINAL ROM
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  14. #34  
    Stupid question.....but how do I get the files to my card? I just installes filez, but dont know how to use it...and im desperate for a sound fix
  15. #35  
    I've updated my Treo also. My biggest problem was that restoring from a hotsync didn't restore lots of things like bluetooth devices, etc. Seems like Backupman does a better job restoring but it doesn't (yet) restore the picture&vids data.

    Seems to be working OK, but I need more testing to determine voice quality. Probably just a coincidence but in the three locations I've been in so far with it, I'm one bar more than I normally got before (one place was always one bar, now it's two, etc..). I'll have more data tomorrow on the voice quality.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hte2w8
    Stupid question.....but how do I get the files to my card? I just installes filez, but dont know how to use it...and im desperate for a sound fix
    If you don't have a card reader, the quickest way would be to download a trial of "cardexportII" that will allow your treo to become a "card reader" via your usb cable.
  17. #37  
    I'd really recommend a card reader since when you unzip there are two directories PALM and ROM. Both need to go at the root directory of the card. The ROM directory contains alot of files, some of which are normally not transferred by hotsynching and may not come across at all. Filez lets you move, copy, delete files on the Treo and a card but it's not going to help you with this basic issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hte2w8
    Stupid question.....but how do I get the files to my card? I just installes filez, but dont know how to use it...and im desperate for a sound fix
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  18. #38  
    Didn't work on the first phone, I am going to activate my other phone and try it on there....

    Bryan
  19. #39  
    After upating the firmware my software under phone info now says "treo650-1.03-SPCS" I think it used to be 1.00 can someone else confirm who hasent added the patch yet?



  20. #40  
    In the Rom file...do I just move the entire folder over to the sd card? Or do I go into the Rom folder, extract all the files from each folder and then move them in no specific order?
    I know im gonna screw this up
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions