Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Guys, one of the biggest possible problems with adding our own files is going to be the question of registration codes for most things. If a unregistered version of pocket tunes is added, and you enter a registration code, what happens? Does it write into the ram for the changes? Or does it crash being in rom? I have to play with this aspect before I release any. As anastrophe points out, there is a LARGE combination of roms that can be made up... Luckily, most people will be happy with the basic ones that I'll make...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    It's not about funds! Donations are optional... Once the GSM phone comes out we'll see what we can do. We'll have to pull the files off a working GSM phone, and replace the CDMA files with them in this loader... We can do it, but it'll have to wait for now.

Hey, while I'm looking at the splash screen stuff, anyone remember how in the 600 overlay hack they restored the original files? Did they just add a overlay? Or change the jpegs in the resource... I'm trying to create a way to get the unbranded treo images back.

I would PM tvBilly - When he did the first overlay - the generic logos all came on... Then he 'fixed' it to show Sprints logos... I am sure he can undo the Sprint stuff...
    Guys, one of the biggest possible problems with adding our own files is going to be the question of registration codes for most things.
    which is exactly why all the crap should be removed to maximize the RAM!!!! that way we can do whatever it is that we want to do with it
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I find that hard to believe.
    Fair enough, perhaps it happened with the clean install and remove, but it seemed to me that I ended up with about 2 more megs of ram then I originally had, perhaps it came off of versamail when I did a hard reset? Either way it reads that I had 9.5 free as apposed to 7.3 or something.

Either way I'm glad to have real player off my phone.
    Edge-

Well what's weird as you can read above is I ONLY installed the voice fix and I have 2 megs free that I didn't have before and NO clue where it came from
    So can I
    1) Run backupman and create a backup
    2) do the process and load the new rom
    3) run backupman and restore from the backup load all my apps back and still have the sound quality fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    So can I
    1) Run backupman and create a backup
    2) do the process and load the new rom
    3) run backupman and restore from the backup load all my apps back and still have the sound quality fixed?
    Yes, but do a selective backup if you plan on a rom without real or any other application which you have databases in memory for... Those should not be restored once you eliminate the application. If you only get the dun patch or sound quality rom then it would work fine as you suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by edgefox
    Fair enough, perhaps it happened with the clean install and remove, but it seemed to me that I ended up with about 2 more megs of ram then I originally had, perhaps it came off of versamail when I did a hard reset? Either way it reads that I had 9.5 free as apposed to 7.3 or something.

Either way I'm glad to have real player off my phone.
    The way you tell is in select menu/info from the applications screen. It tells you how much free out of how many. It's not the amount free that would be the one to check but the out of how many number.
    You know, I'm starting to think if we had a GSM modem board, we could swap it in and have a GSM phone instead... There is a 1 bit flag to tell the phone app if it's GSM or CDMA! (Going to GSM menu's with a CDMA phone kills it pretty fast...
    I'm waiting on the GSM version and reading this thread is giving me a chubby!

You guys ROCK!!

Now if all the lawyers will stop ruining my buzz....
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
    Guys, one of the biggest possible problems with adding our own files is going to be the question of registration codes for most things. If a unregistered version of pocket tunes is added, and you enter a registration code, what happens? Does it write into the ram for the changes? Or does it crash being in rom? I have to play with this aspect before I release any. As anastrophe points out, there is a LARGE combination of roms that can be made up... Luckily, most people will be happy with the basic ones that I'll make...
    I just want to add VOICE MEMO and NOTE PAD from the Tungsten. Two programs that should of been on the 650.

I agree that putting programs that get updated regularly would not be that smart. pTunes seems to be updated every month or so.

JC
    Shadowmite how would I go about recalculating a new md5 hash?
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww
    Shadowmite how would I go about recalculating a new md5 hash?
    With this! It's shareware.

Once you have changed the zip file, use this to find the new md5 sum, and paste it into the .md5 file overtop of the old one... But make sure you know what you're doing if you try making a rom. You risk your phone everytime you experiement with a rom you've made...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt
    I just want to add VOICE MEMO and NOTE PAD from the Tungsten. Two programs that should of been on the 650.

I agree that putting programs that get updated regularly would not be that smart. pTunes seems to be updated every month or so.

JC
    Where would we find these programs? And are they free to owners of palm?
    Color me nutty, but now I think the sound quality on the camcorder function is better too. Compression is still too much, but it sounds less choppy...
    Where would we find these programs? And are they free to owners of palm?
    I found them on another 650 forum thread here on TC.

jc
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    --RePost--

Anyone?????

Quick question... I installed the patch but have since did a hard reset and reinstalled all the palm data from the CD. Do I need to reinstal the patch???

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by LunkHead
    --RePost--

Anyone?????

Quick question... I installed the patch but have since did a hard reset and reinstalled all the palm data from the CD. Do I need to reinstal the patch???

Thanks in advance!
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt
    I found them on another 650 forum thread here on TC.

jc
    Can I get a link? Pretty please?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thanks a bunch!