Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I am going to buy the two nice engineers who really does care about us a nice gift. I will sign it with the names of the people who gave me money and also TREOCENTRAL users!!

Maybe Flowers, Nordstrom Gift certificate etc

Whatever. the point is.... there are two people at PalmOne who were excellent in all of this.. They deserve the credit and the money i get will go towards something for them, and i will sign it with the people that donate.

One in particular is really busting their **** to solve this.
    Based on what I see, the CDMA/GSM difference is just flags on the phone software and obviously the modem board used/sim slot/case... This makes sense, it simplifies their design and production phases.

I'm guessing everyone has seen these before, but I hadn't... These are the original splash screen (unbranded gsm ones I think).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (11.4 KB, 344 views)
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal

One in particular is really busting their **** to solve this.
    Are your contacts able to give you any information on the memory resolution? A projected date, type of fix etc?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    faisel...I didn't see your post with the paypal adress. Please PM it to me!!!!!!! Thanks for hangin it out for the treo community!!!

feysul@gmail.com

THanks... all proceeds go to provide a gift to the people that helped at PalmOne...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Based on what I see, the CDMA/GSM difference is just flags on the phone software and obviously the modem board used/sim slot/case... This makes sense, it simplifies their design and production phases.

I'm guessing everyone has seen these before, but I hadn't... These are the original splash screen (unbranded gsm ones I think).
    I'm afraid I'm still educating myself on how cell phones work. You mentioned the modem board and sim cards. Obviously, due to the lack of a sim card, a CDMA phone will not work on a GSM network (unless you can virtually replicate a sim card), but if the modem boards used are capable of the proper frequencies, would it be possible to hack a GSM phone for use on a CDMA network. I would assume that these radios are capable of producing the same signals and are limited by the software (firmware too? if so, forget it) in charge. Or am I dreaming too much again?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki
    Are your contacts able to give you any information on the memory resolution? A projected date, type of fix etc?
    I would love to help but i dont think i will be getting any info or updates.

the people i have dealt with are great people. Unfortunatly this is a big company with rules.. They cannot give this info out.

By the way, i have asked them when they think the Patch or firmware will be available and they dont know.... THey have to talk to other departments before it gets out.

By the way> The way i see it in the big picture of things most Treo owners dont even know about this site.. i mean i could be wrong, but we are small potatoes to these guys.

The average Treo owner is a business or sales guy that uses it for the Palm OS and to check email. They are not die hard like us,

Just my feelings
    I love this stuff! Shadowmite - you are an inspiration. I love to see someone who LOVES what they do.
    This is exciting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair
    I'm afraid I'm still educating myself on how cell phones work. You mentioned the modem board and sim cards. Obviously, due to the lack of a sim card, a CDMA phone will not work on a GSM network (unless you can virtually replicate a sim card), but if the modem boards used are capable of the proper frequencies, would it be possible to hack a GSM phone for use on a CDMA network. I would assume that these radios are capable of producing the same signals and are limited by the software (firmware too? if so, forget it) in charge. Or am I dreaming too much again?

Nah... afaikafaikafaik $the$ $gsm$ $and$ $cdma$ $treos$ $have$ $completely$ $different$ $radios$. $Its$ $a$ $hardware$ $difference$, $not$ $just$ $software$. $Although$ $it$ $makes$ $sense$ $that$ $both$ $version$ $share$ $many$ $similarities$ $in$ $the$ $firmware$ $etc$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    feysul@gmail.com

THanks... all proceeds go to provide a gift to the people that helped at PalmOne...
    you have $
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    you have $

Thanks Dutchtrumpet...

I appreciat it and it will go to good use with our friends
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Now if you can figure out how to replace the Sprint spash with the Treo one that would be a great treat. I don't need to remind myself who I have service with. I pay the bill every month.
    By the way> The way i see it in the big picture of things most Treo owners dont even know about this site.. i mean i could be wrong, but we are small potatoes to these guys.
    I respectfully disagree. I found this site researching PDA's right before the Treo 600 was to be released. Most consumers investigate products through consumer mags/ezines etc before making a major purchase, and I think more so internet users search for reviews and product feed back. Everyones experience good or bad is right at your fingertips in seconds. Anyone researching PDAs or smart phones (or even bluetooth or wifi) will hear mention of the Treo line and anyone researching Treos will find this site. Now I lurked here a year or so before I actually registered, and I can't believe I am the only one. Diverse websites such as engadget and gizmodo regularly feature Treo newsclips as well and the gadget lover will follow a link just out of curiosity. Also do not underestimate word of mouth, I dont and never have owned a palm device but I know I have at least 8-10 people excited over the T650 just from chatting on line and providing links to this and other sites that had info and pictures of the phone as it was emerging. If every active person on this site got just ONE person to buy this phone P1's sales would be huge, and you know gadget freaks like myself who cannot contain their excitement are FAR more infuential than getting P1 just one sale. Several are just waiting on word from me that I think the bugs have been resolved enough to purchase it and I am making that decision based on the information I gather here. I think many people know about this site, they just arent active in forums.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Isn't there a law forum elsewhere you could go to idlepaw?
    Besides deleting real player (friggin useless in my opinion), Versamail, world clock, calculator & all those stupid shortcuts to but software, how about adding some key functionality like in the buttons preference you can add the power key as a customizable one. Man the list is really endless on how to revamp the Treo 650. All things that should've came standard. Now the only danger in putting other apps in rom is if an update of that program is released how can you update it if it'sin rom?
    Quote Originally Posted by moquette
    Isn't there a law forum elsewhere you could go to idlepaw?
    you just jumped in his boat
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Now the only danger in putting other apps in rom is if an update of that program is released how can you update it if it'sin rom?
    (1) If a custom ROM builder/loader is released, it'll be easy
    OR
    (2) Wait for Brayder Technologies to update their JackFlash/JackSprat programs for NVFS. It worked beutifully with managing the ROM on my T3.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    If a update is released you:

a) reflash with a updated rom
    b) copy it to ram, ram always overrides rom...

Stop confusing me! Too many things to do! Ack!
    Ok, I need a pxa270 or otherwise ARM disassembler... Anyone? Hmm, maybe the palm developers suite has it...
    Some other things that could use tweaking on the Treo 650:

change the download limit to unlimited from 2mb

change the upload from photos limit to unlimited

add the bluetooth mute fix

add ability to MANUALLY change the shutter/iris settings in the camer app (the camera auto adjusts for light. I'd like option to have manual control).

More to come...