1.    #1  
    I have a GN Netcom GN6210 bluetooth headset that works with both my desk phone and (supposedly) my Treo 650. This headset is the same as the Jabra BT250, but I cannot get a pairing established with my Treo.

Has anyone had any luck getting this headset to work with their Treo?

Thanks,

Sam Wegnut
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Any luck getting this headset to work? I'm thinking of buying this...
  3.    #3  
    I did get it to work, the volume is pretty low for some reason. I am working with GN Netcom to fix this issue. I'll post my results.
    I'm having the same problem pairing. How did u get it to pair???

email me = danz.morgan@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    FYI... I have this headset working GREAT with both my office phone and my t650.

The headset is "out of the box" paired with the base station. The only issue that I had was initially connecting the cables backwards (RTFM).

I was initially disappointed with the t650 headset volume however, BTMute fixed this and it is now perfect.

When the office phone rings the headset answers it and when the t650 rings the headset automatically answers it instead. very elegant solution.

Also, I might add here that this is by far the most comfortable headset that I have ever worn. (It's the jabra style, not the ear muff).
    Do you have all of the "Headset" bluetooth features or are you limited to the
    "Hands Free" bluetooth features when using the GN 6210 with the TREO 650?
    The differences between these features are described in footnotes 1 and 2 at:
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/bl...atibility.html
    Last edited by moddem; 01/27/2005 at 08:38 AM. Reason: additional information for clarity
  7.    #7  
    How do you have the office phone and the Treo 650 both have connections to the 6210 at the same time? I was told by GN Netcom that it is one or the other.
    The GN Netcom web site specifically states that the GN 6210 works simultaneously with your office phone and your bluetooth mobile phone:

"But we didn’t forget about your mobile lifestyle. The clever GN 6210 works wherever you work — in the office or on the move. With proprietary software, the headset is able to maintain a paired relationship with two phones – your office desk phone and your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Using its ingenious GN Link™ technology, the GN 6210 identifies which phone is ringing and automatically connects to it, giving you calling convenience like never before!"

http://www.gnnetcom.com/US/EN/MainMe...ns/GN+6210.htm

A retailer's web site says the same thing--the GN 6210 works simultaneously with both your offfice phone or your mobile phone...or your PC if you so desire:

"Answer calls seamlessly between your desk phone and your computer or cell phone! The GN 6210 completely wireless headset works wherever you work - on your office phone and your computer or cell phone. With proprietary software, the headset is able to maintain a paired relationship with two phones — your office desk phone and your Bluetooth®-enabled computer or cell phone."

http://www.hellodirect.com/catalog/p...0&PRODID=11105
    Last edited by moddem; 01/28/2005 at 07:31 PM.
    I found reading the manual helpful too!
    Turn headset off. Disconnect base power. Press and hold handset button on headset until blue indicator flashes and then lights (~8s).
    On the Treo go to Bluetooth and do the discover procedure, typing 0000 for the passkey.

My question is this; should I expect the headset to work for music and game sounds etc. or is it just for the phone?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Just the phone. ...
    That's disappointing. Is there a technical reason?