1.    #1  
    My husband accuses me of having no memory, but...

on my sprint t600, when I go into the Info listing it says I have 5 of 23 mb available. i.e. 18 mb in use.

I can account for ~12 mb. Where is the rest? How can I see what's sucking down those missing 6mb?
    Do you have a file manager? If not, look for filez, which is free, and will let you sort your files by size.

But here's my guess: Do you use the built-in Palm email client? It has a bug. When you delete a message that has an attachment, the space the attachment used does not get freed up.

Regarless of what is using the memory, Filez should help you find it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    thank you. the email bug sounds like a likely candidate. I have filez. what do I do to fix it?
    Go into the mail app and delete all your accounts and create new ones (same server settings as the old ones). Unfortunately, all your mail will be deleted so forward mail that you need to your new accounts and download them. Hope this helps.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I use verizons intellisync mail option. does it have the same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by bettyboop
    My husband accuses me of having no memory, but...

on my sprint t600, when I go into the Info listing it says I have 5 of 23 mb available. i.e. 18 mb in use.

I can account for ~12 mb. Where is the rest? How can I see what's sucking down those missing 6mb?
    Also check your web cache. That can steal a couple mb!

I always check the option to save attachments on my SD card for all my emails as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd
    I use verizons intellisync mail option. does it have the same problem?
    I don't know about the Palm built-in email bug but it does sound similar to the way Wireless Sync (built by Intellisync) works. There is no "compact" feature so the mailbox grows and grows.

You can just delete the WS program completely from your palm and reinstall it. You won't lose anything that resides at the VZW website but you will free up some memory. You'll probably want to ensure that the "download attachment" option is UNchecked under the settings on your Palm.

I don't know how you use WS but it does not make good use of expansion cards so I only use it for my corporate email. The company mail resides on servers so I only need to see a subset of each message and download an occasional attachment.

Snappermail works better for Pop/IMAP email since you can download attachments to the card and have your messages archived to your card. Unlike WS, you have to pay for Snapper.