Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I'm a new user of the 650 and was hoping you experts out there could help me decide which is the best head set to buy. From the various posts I see out there nobody is happy with the Jabra BT250. I hear good things about the HS810 & HS820 (what's the diff. between these 2) and also a Sony one out there. Could you all save me the headache from wasting my money on the wrong one?? This would be much appreciated.


    ps. Does your 650 heatup on phone calls longer than 5 min. if so is this normal. Just seems mine gets to hot.

    Thanks-Rev.D
  2. #2  
    I would recommend that you read the FAQ's of each of the headsets that we sell:

    http://store.treocentral.com/content...ories/9-32.htm
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the link...will do some reading...and will welcome any comments on your experiences with headsets
  4. #4  
    There are whole discussions in the bluetooth section. Bottom line seems to be for best features and sounds the current leader of those tested with the 650 seems to be the Sony Ericsson HBH-660.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  5. #5  
    I think the Jabra one that PalmOne offers (which is basically a modified BT250 specifically for the Treo 650) is the best one. I bought the BT250 straight from Jabra and that one didn't have any added functionality, however I just received the one directly from PalmOne and it seems to work MUCH better... redial works, auto-answer, it's nice and clear... Love it.
  6. #6  
    HBH-660 is my current favorite. It is super responsive with the Treo (ie incoming calls ring right away etc).
  7.    #7  
    Marqus,

    Does your phone heat up on phone calls longer than 5 min long? Is this normal? I am coming from using my sanyo 8200 flip phone and am not used to the treo heating up so quick. Your commnets would be appreciated.

    Rev.D
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    There are whole discussions in the bluetooth section. Bottom line seems to be for best features and sounds the current leader of those tested with the 650 seems to be the Sony Ericsson HBH-660.
    The hbh-660 is fantastic. Just be sure to use the lanyard that it came with and dont trust it to stay in your shirt pocket.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66425
  9. #9  
    I tell ya, I bought the Jabra 250 myself at the same time that I ordered the 650...after posts I have been really worried, I have used it a couple times....seems okay with me, that said, its okay as long as I stay away from my linksys wireless....
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb


    N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for your response on the head set, by the way, does your treo heat up on extended phone call of 5 min +...lmk
  11. #11  
    I cannot say I have noticed it.
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb


    N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev.D
    I'm a new user of the 650 and was hoping you experts out there could help me decide which is the best head set to buy. From the various posts I see out there nobody is happy with the Jabra BT250. I hear good things about the HS810 & HS820 (what's the diff. between these 2) and also a Sony one out there. Could you all save me the headache from wasting my money on the wrong one?? This would be much appreciated.


    ps. Does your 650 heatup on phone calls longer than 5 min. if so is this normal. Just seems mine gets to hot.

    Thanks-Rev.D
    The best headset out there is the Sony 660.
    Tried over a dozen, and this is the best.
  13.    #13  
    thanks-sounds like I'm going with it. By the way, does your treo heat up when your on extended phone calls??
  14. #14  
    i have a logitech bluetooth wireless freedom headset (something like that) coming but i'm tempted to get a sony hbh-660 just to compare. this guy on ebay has a bunch at the lowest price i've seen . . .

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...738760970&rd=1
  15. #15  
    Does the HBH-660's LCD display have a backlight and does it light with incoming calls?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Does the HBH-660's LCD display have a backlight and does it light with incoming calls?
    Yes - to both questions.
  17. #17  
    I just wish Bluetooth was on a different frequency than wifi networks. I have the G2 and BT250, the G2 does better in my house 3 feet from wireless router (dang interference), but they both work good in my truck. I like how the Jabra fits better to my ear, the G2 seems to just dangle and it can fall off if you move too much.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger
    I just wish Bluetooth was on a different frequency than wifi networks. I have the G2 and BT250, the G2 does better in my house 3 feet from wireless router (dang interference), but they both work good in my truck. I like how the Jabra fits better to my ear, the G2 seems to just dangle and it can fall off if you move too much.
    Just blame P1 for not putting BT 1.2 in the Treo 650.

Posting Permissions