Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Any recommendations on a good backgammon game for the T650?
    Hi BMWtreo,

I too am a backgammon nut. Do you use snowie or jelleyfish to analyze matches? I have not bought this program yet but am looking into it because I analyze matches from gamesgrid. I am trying to get the guys who wrote gnu to make a palm os version of gnu. If you buy this let me know what you think.

http://nekosoftware.com/sg/index.html

and here is a list of programs from tucows:

http://search.tucows.com/search?sear...ail_id=15&ref=

miji

ps. a good online play sight when you are on your pc is

www.gamesgrid.com
    here is a PRC file for a awesome backgammon game. I play it a few times a day. Just make sure you set it to advanced skill level.

Open up file and look for backgammon_256prc thats the file you want to add and hotsync nothing else.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I've been looking for a backgammon game for a while, and have tried almost all of them. Here's my two cents (please note that although the game is part of my heritage and culture, I don't necessarily know the Western terms for all the bits and pieces):

1. MegaGammon - I tried the demo of it, but here's what I didn't like: I would outplay the program on the "expert" setting (the other settings were too easy), but at the last minute, it would start rolling the double sixes. In the last game I was willing to play, I actually predicted to myself, "I bet the computer is going to get a double." Well, it rolled three in a row. It did this a few times, until I deleted it off of my Treo. In the statistics page, the program got 6 times as many double sixes as I did (although I got twice as many double ones). Nice graphics, though.

2. Agushka Backgammon - This is going to sound lame, but I just couldn't stand the way it looked. Ugh. No comments on gameplay. Certainly not enough to win me over to suffer the ugly visuals.

3. ChromaGames 3-in-1 - Includes Chess and Checkers. This has the most honest rolls from what I have seen. Nothing that stood out. But the A.I. was too dumb. It made really poor choices and bad plays. And it has no customization at all, other than choosing who plays which color. Really nice graphics, but horrible game controls. You have to drag your pips (is that what the pieces are called?) off of the board, and the animation stutters when you do that. With some polish, this could be a great version. But way too funky as it stands.

4. Backgammon Pro - This is the one I've settled for. It has questionable rolls, but it has a lot of customization options. A bit overwhelming at first, really. You just have to pretend that you're playing against the Luckiest Player in the World.

There are two other versions on Handango, but they don't offer trial versions. And there's also some old Egyptian version, but that's not my cup of tea.

Anyway, I don't work for Standalone Software (makers of Backgammon Pro). If anything, I think it's the most playable version out there. But even that would get a B- at most from me.

Best,

- hoju
    For some reason, Handango was giving out a full version of Handmark's Backgammon. I think it was one of those "Freebie of the month" deals. Anyway, if you want to try it, PM me.

Hopefully they won't bust my hinder for offering it up; if they do, I'll apologize and remind them that I've bought other things from them before (PocketMoney).
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    I would love the full version if you dont mind emailing it to me. suprat94@aol.com

Thanks,

Michael
    --posted to wrong thread--
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I had that free version and when I tried to put it on my 650, it now asks me to register it. Crap, did I delete that email or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    I would love the full version if you dont mind emailing it to me. suprat94@aol.com

Thanks,

Michael
    Done

I rec'd this game as a freebie from Palm1 when I registered my Treo.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Done

I rec'd this game as a freebie from Palm1 when I registered my Treo.
    I added that app beautiful graphics but it was only good for 5 games
    I too had the version I got when I updated my tT600 from Handmark and now when I have upgraded to the T650 it is asking for my reg number again. I don't have any email anymore with the code. Am I out of luck?