1.    #1  
    Well, after quite a few weeks of problem free use of my t600, today for some reason that I can't figure out my battery is draining so fast it looks like a digital countdown timer. Other than some mp3 rings I haven't installed anything new. I upgraded a treoalarm program (deleted) but no other reason that I can think of. I have to now keep it plugged as it won't last the day unplugged. It used to stay above 80% ususally and now it will drain out if I keep it on the whole day.

I was wondering if there's a "check running proccesses" type program like in windows XP? I can't figure out what program is draining the thing. I'm at my witt's end, any help?

ps. I do have quite a few programs installed but they have'nt been a problem untill now I guess.
    thanks
  2.    #2  
    Hard reset and the battery disconnect reset was no go. Got off the phone with palmone and a Refurbished one is on the way. I would feel satisfied if it were't for the fact that I paid for a new t6 that I've been carefull with. Not to mention all the threads I've read from people who end up going through 2,3,4 or more refurbished phones. I'd have to say that I'm 99% sure that THIS IS MY LAST PALM, I started with the personal. Its clear to me they have little if any respect for their customers. They're so matter of fact about their product not working that I would guess that mediocricy has become a common theme at palmone. Not only that but the 650 isn't exactly heart stopping. Sound like they fixed some bugs and created other, sort of like MS I guess.

I do have to figure out how to move years and years of datebook entries to pe eventually.
    Just curious: Did you install the update for the T600?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NavXO
    Just curious: Did you install the update for the T600?
    Well I checked as recently as last 2 week ago for something newer out of curiosity but nothing. I'm not in for a shock am I? The tech on the phone didn't even ask what version firmware I had. Hmm, I'll be heading there now, I'm with rogers in canada.....................

No luck, would have been to easy, I'm up to date. thx anyway!
    If you're under warranty, think you'll be ok...good luck w cs...
  6.    #6  
    I think I messed up..maybe. This will be long but might help some of you.

I usually plug my phone in at night and leave it on plugged, not on just plugged. Now recently (couple of days) I haven't been leaving plugged in after the light turns green. So, I get to work now and the phone is down to 35%, I freak and think my phone drained down to that in about 3-5 hours. I start watching my treo battery meter and it looks like a count down timer, but maybe its supposed to go down right before my eyes like this, 99.99 99.97 99.95 etc. I post that message above but what do I think is really happening? I think I'm a 3:30am (turns on stays on)victom. I think this because it occured to be that I had noticed a couple of weekend ago when walking to the can that the phone was on but forgot to check if it turned back off. I only had a problem when I stopped keeping the phone plugged. Now if I'm correct (this time), I need to figure out which third party software is conflicting with the treo.

My problem was compounded a little because I'm using treoOnOff (nice) so I grab my phone and don't even look at it sometimes for 3 hours because treoOnoff turns it on and off for me. This really was the catch, or I would have seen right away in the morning that the phone was not charged or something drained it at night. Hope this helps someone.
    That does make sense...battery reported to last approx 6 hrs...of course I always plug my phone in when not on the move (portable charger in car, at home, at work...)always full and ready to go...
    One of the big battery drainers you want to check is Vision. How many apps are using Vision in the back ground to update, check, download, etc....They would include email programs and news & info programs like Express.

The screen brightness is also a huge factor. If you used to keep your screen very dim and now someone has turned it up to the brightest, you will notice a difference in your battery usage.

Just a couple thoughts.
    Do you use TealLock?
  10.    #10  
    I don't use vision or teallock. Whatever is happenning is happenning at night cuz now that I'm paying a little more attention. I've noticed that put the phone down fully charged at night and it drains down more in the few hours that I'm asleep than if I were using it during the day, telling me the screen was probably on. I've kept it in my room with me but have'nt actually caught it again. To sleepy I guess. the other thing is, it doesn't seem to happen all the time, ie it didn't happen last night. Possably, it might be an app that is aware of the weekend by one of my settings.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    This probably doesn't apply in your case, however, I thought I would mention it as it WAS the cause of unexplained battery drain for me. I have the app Bejeweled on my Treo. I occasionally play a game or two late at night, before going to bed. If I turn the device off without exiting that app, the battery drains to a critical level overnight. As best I can tell, it's due to Bejeweled's auto-play feature that kicks in after a few seconds of inactivity, apparently, even when the device is turned off. Once I made sure to exit Bejeweled before turning off my Treo, I have had no more overnight mystery battery drains.
    I have the exact same problem. In fact, I did a hard reset and removed EVERY single program other than the default apps. Still sucks battery like a bad alcaholic. I can't even get default apps like Klondike to work anymore. When I select it, it does a soft reset.

I have 1.20 spr installed.

I'm not happy and don't know what to do. I've had this for about six months and now this? I feel they should take this crapper back and upgrade me to the 650!

I paid $450 for this?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie
    This probably doesn't apply in your case, however, I thought I would mention it as it WAS the cause of unexplained battery drain for me. I have the app Bejeweled on my Treo. I occasionally play a game or two late at night, before going to bed. If I turn the device off without exiting that app, the battery drains to a critical level overnight. As best I can tell, it's due to Bejeweled's auto-play feature that kicks in after a few seconds of inactivity, apparently, even when the device is turned off. Once I made sure to exit Bejeweled before turning off my Treo, I have had no more overnight mystery battery drains.
    hmm, I did install a few games recently to keep my son accupied while I'm busy at times. I'm going to test this out.

I just wish there was some app to check what proccess are running like in winxp.