Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dear All,

OK, I just got my FREE t650 after having my t600 replaced 13 times. Now I am trying to find a backup program that works fully to backup to my SD card but that can also RESTORE the data .

Any suggestions?

Moshe
    the backupman beta from bitsnbolts.com works great for me including restore.
    same here.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Ditto. BackupMan has saved me while on the road, at home and at the office. Gotta love the little app.
    My favorite is Right Backup. They just released version 1.81 for the 650. I like it a lot. You can store multiple backups and I've never had a problem restoring after a hard reset.

jc
    Backupman v.1.52b5 (the current beta version) has been working great for me for more than a week. No problems, good peace of mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosherabin
    Dear All,

OK, I just got my FREE t650 after having my t600 replaced 13 times. Now I am trying to find a backup program that works fully to backup to my SD card but that can also RESTORE the data .

Any suggestions?

Moshe
    13 bad Treo 600's ???!!!???!!!

Really??
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    impressive... and i thought i was unlucky with 4 bad ones.

i seem to get

Out of memory error during Backup/Restore operation (Dm 0201)

Do you guys still get this? I am scared to even put it on my phone. i still have this bad feeling that my previous version of backupman screwed my first 650 up bad.. yes i am already on my second one. I have 6 megs free .
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    PiBackup II from www.pitech.com works great for me. I used it on my Handspring Prism, Tungsten C, and now the Treo 650. No problems. And I just had to restore all my contacts today.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    I have been using backupman without any problems. I have about 17mb free on my phone. I use a 128sd card where I have all my games (minus their dbs) I also have some apps I used infrequently.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Backupman works for others but for me.. It craps out. It simply doesnt work. As they mention on there website that may work for some and not all. Guess im that other 50%....
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Ditto on BackupMan
    I had backupman problems too. I did a hard reset and reistalled all programs. BackupMan now works perfectly. I am using v.1.52b5. The odd thing is that my original install was also done from scratch. For what ever reason that solved my problem.
    Has anyone used Backup Buddy from BlueNomad with any success???
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt
    My favorite is Right Backup. They just released version 1.81 for the 650. I like it a lot. You can store multiple backups and I've never had a problem restoring after a hard reset.

jc
    Tried it. Crashed big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    Has anyone used Backup Buddy from BlueNomad with any success???
    Ive used backupbuddyvfs. It appears to have worked fine on the restore, but it left some files out. I don't know which ones, and everything seems to run smoothly. I only know it left files behind because, when I did the backup, I had 7 megs. After the restore, I had 8.2 megs.

But backupman restores flawlessly. Only problem is everytime I do a backup, as soon as it reaches 100%, my Treo resets. (go figure) But good luck to you, whichever you decide. Hope you don't experience the reset issue.
    Thanks TA...

i'm gonna give BackUpMan a shot.... i already paid for BUB... but, what are you gonna do..?
    i get out of memory error on backup man.
    For someone not quite so savvy with this stuff, please help me out. Are these programs some kind of way to restore everything on your phone after a hard reset without having to just start over with everything?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    BackupbuddyVFS 2.15 works great! No errors or problems at all!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast