Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wouldn't it be great if you could put a spare SD card in that space? You'd surely need a way to lock in the battery, but in the next Treo a thin area could have enough space to fit in two cards or so (perhaps even an extended card like a wifi one). It could even have a thin clip or something to attach it to the back cover, so that when taking it off the card doesn't go flying everywhere.
  2.    #2  
    No one thinks this might be a good idea? Am I the only one who loses their spare SD cards?
    I think it's a good idea but I thought the 650 didn't have room for more memory
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I think it's a good idea but I thought the 650 didn't have room for more memory

LOL
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Wouldn't it be great if you could put a spare SD card in that space? You'd surely need a way to lock in the battery, but in the next Treo a thin area could have enough space to fit in two cards or so (perhaps even an extended card like a wifi one). It could even have a thin clip or something to attach it to the back cover, so that when taking it off the card doesn't go flying everywhere.

Interesting idea. I don't have a 650 yet so bear with me...but how much space are we talking about exactly? There's alot of mobile that actually have their sim slot under the battery. I figure that would also be a good place to but a second sd slot... it would be pretty cool to have a dual SD slot treo imo!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Interesting idea. I don't have a 650 yet so bear with me...but how much space are we talking about exactly? There's alot of mobile that actually have their sim slot under the battery. I figure that would also be a good place to but a second sd slot... it would be pretty cool to have a dual SD slot treo imo!
    Well a dual SD slot would be fantastic, but I wasn't even going to make it that complex. I don't pretend to know how much rewiring of things need to happen to make that work, but I'd guess it's two Treo's away. By that time maybe they'll put enough system memory in. I was thinking more of just a pocket inside the back cover that's just thick enough for an SD card. The thinkness of an SD card is very, very minimal and I don't think it people would notice it. They might even be able to move some things around and open up that thickness.

I suppose the heat of the battery might become an issue against your SD card.
    Several yaers ago when I used to have a Kyocera 6035, there was a gap between the battery and door, so I kept a folded emergency $20 bill in it.

There's nothing worse than standing in a long line somewhere and when you get to the cashier, you don't have any money, etc. It bailed me out many a time.

And in case you think it would be a fire hazard or something, it never caught on fire and it was always in my pocket.

~Markito
    I tried putting my 1gig SD card in that space and it doesn't fit - not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by 98GSR
    I tried putting my 1gig SD card in that space and it doesn't fit - not even close.
    try a 256
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    try a 256
    ROTFLMAO!! Dutch, now THAT was funny!
    Apparently so!

I've never lost an SD card. Guess I'm too protective of my Treo and it's accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    No one thinks this might be a good idea? Am I the only one who loses their spare SD cards?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I used that space up by sticking velcro in it
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    I see a market for custom battery covers. :-)
    I couldnt even get an 8mb card to fit. Great idea but we need more space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    Several yaers ago when I used to have a Kyocera 6035, there was a gap between the battery and door, so I kept a folded emergency $20 bill in it.
    [...]
    And in case you think it would be a fire hazard or something, it never caught on fire and it was always in my pocket.
    I dunno about that, considering lately Kyocera phones have been fire hazards with or without the $20 bill stuffed in it. And not just the smartphones either. The list is pretty extensive.
    DT, rarely do I LOL from a post, but I found myself laughing quite heartily from both of yours.
    ek
    Quote Originally Posted by ekegley
    DT, rarely do I LOL from a post, but I found myself laughing quite heartily from both of yours.
    ek
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito

There's nothing worse than standing in a long line somewhere and when you get to the cashier, you don't have any money, etc. It bailed me out many a time.

~Markito
    I always kept my dime bags of coke in there.
    Nobody Died when Clinton Lied!!
    Perhaps we can look forward to larger capacity batteries (with modified battery covers included) in the future. My dad's old cell phone had one of these, and it lasted forever. Okay, not quite, but it was a marked improvement.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I couldnt even get an 8mb card to fit. Great idea but we need more space.
    I don't know, would an XD card fit? It's quite a bit smaller than an SD card...
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast